Please help me

Hello everybody

yesterday i just bought the WD tv live with latest firmware …

i noticed 2 problems …really bother me a lot

1- i have a router D-link Dsl-2640t   …when i play a mkv movie  8 GB from hard disk connected to the router …i noticed that the stream is soooooooo slow so that the movie play for 5 seconds then stop for 1 minute at least then 5 seconds playing and so on …

2- i bought today wirless adapter perhaps that solve the problem but the wd tv live didn’t even recognize the adapter

D-link Wireless N 150 DWA-125 with H/w ver a2 and F/W ver 1.31

really i got depressed from that device …

please help me

Pretty much nobody can get 1080 to stream smoothly over wireless N… the network simply doesn’t support the required bandwidth.

Your choices are:

• to play from an attached USB drive instead of over the network
  • use a wired connection instead of wireless
  • recode the file to a lower bitrate that your network can handle

thanks sir for fasy reply

but sir the bad streamimg in 1080 p movie was on wired connection  not wireless …the wireless didn’t work at alll

Well, the Samba code for a CIFS connection also has a bandwidth limitation.  It’s better than what WirelessN can do, but the highest bitrate files still stumble, even wired.

In that case you’re down to using an attached drive or recoding.

sir i have also Tevii m500 and tested it on the same wired conditions and played the 1080p movie as good as u can imagine

may changing the router solving the problem???

Well, since the TeVii 500 appaears to support several formats/codecs that aren’t listed as supported by the Sigma chipset, I’m going to guess that it isn’t Sigma-chipped.

If it plays the files fine through Samba to the TeVii, then it appears to be a decoder issue and not a Samba issue or anything related to the router.

Which narrows the list of possible fixes down to:

• recode to a bitrate that the Sigma chip can handle
  • keep playing the file(s) on the TeVii, since you are happy with the playback from it