Photo App shows all folders

The fact that WD Photos shows all the folders on the drive, regardless whether they are public or private, is how the application is meant to work.  It is not a bug, it is how the application works

Now, having said that, I do understand that it may not be an agreeable user experience.  So, I have pushed this once again to our product people as a feature request - that private folders stay private.  However, I cannot promise what will be done about it, or if it will even be with the WD Photo software.  Moreover, if you really think this a security issue for you, then you need to remove the app from your device. 

As I tried to say in the earlier post, if you are looking for something more secure (read private), then you need to consider using the WD2go app for you photos.  You have much more control over your private shares than you would with WD Photos, which you have none.  Unfortunately, as WD Photos is a photo browsing app, WD2go is more of a file serving app.  You won’t get the pretty thumbnails you get with WD Photos, but you’ll get the security.