Occupy WD (rate the current firmware)

how happy are you with the recent firmware if

1 = perfect

2 = great

3 = ok

4 = unsastisfied

5 = pissed

don’t explain your reasons, post them in the official firmware thread. This thread is meant to see if known issues are individual or for the majority.

5= pissed

DeVicious,

You hit on a great point. We’ve been working on better ways to make sure we aim our efforts at improving our product based on feedback we see here in our forums. In the past, it has been very difficult to know which issues are widespread and which ones only affect certain people.

To get a clearer picture, we’ve opened up our new Live Hub Issue Reporting Exchange. I encourage you to submit any issues you are having, and take a look at issues that other users have shared, and vote them up if you are having the same issues.

1 Like

That’s a 5 for me, too.

LMFAO!!!

What an inspirational idea Devicious… :wink:

…The simple ideas are always the best!!..

…So tonight my score for… WD’s LATEST FIRMWARE UPDATE OF NO SIGNIFICANCE-  can we actually describe it as this???

AN ABSOLUTE - 5 …

…A TOTALLY UNINSPIRING NEGATIVE MOVEMENT !!!

AARGGHH I THINK I NEED A LO…N…G HARD [Deleted] TO GET RID OF THE ■■■■ WE ARE BEING FED FROM WD DEVELOPERS :frowning:

1 Like

1! - This firmware is awesomeness-in-a-can. It adds SPOTIFY!!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: (mind you I don’t currently use any themes…)

Raphael_C wrote:

DeVicious,

To get a clearer picture, we’ve opened up our new Live Hub Issue Reporting Exchange. I encourage you to submit any issues you are having, and take a look at issues that other users have shared, and vote them up if you are having the same issues.

Thank you for that, I appreciate it.

1 Like

Ardvark wrote:

1! - This firmware is awesomeness-in-a-can. It adds SPOTIFY!!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: (mind you I don’t currently use any themes…)

i didn’t do this to proof a point :slight_smile:

I’d be glad if it was just a handful moaners because then I know in which direction it goes.

This 100% for informational reasons and not to bash someone, even when the title implies that (sarcasm)

10 i gave it a 5 twice

1 Like
  1. Reason? Well not a 5 because they didn’t break anything or change anything in a way I didn’t like I guess. But this has just been annoying me forever and the main thing I’ve been hoping to see someday come along with a future firmware update… I’ve been wanting a better version of facebook for it. Currently it’s basically comes across to me as a semi broken version of facebook, capable of only a fraction of its features; viewing your wall, commenting back and forth on statuses, looking at photos, looking at events (how much does someone spend looking at events anyway?). But it’s missing out on basically the main things I use facebook for. For one, what is the point of being able to view the newsfeed if all you’re going to see is statuses and text summaries of external links you’re not even going to be able to check? But a main thing is the lack of facebook chat. It doesn’t even have a PM option so you can chat thru the PMs. I would love to see it allow both friend and group chats (as in, with facebook groups). That’s another thing; there’s no option to view or participate in the groups I’m in at all! Noted I have read around on why fb chat isn’t implemented and I think WD’s idea that itd be pointless because you’d have to type on the remote is irrelevant. I have a usb keyboard that works with it, and other live hub owners do.

I’ll be generous and give it a 5

i must say its a 5.

i’m having the same thumbnail issue…

i don’t know why the hub creates thumbnails of different dimensions in hub to speed up navigation…

The navigation was fine as it was before that firmware

5 here, too. would be really excited of the chance giving it a 1!

(maybe in the (not so) far away future?!?)

Raphael_C wrote:

You hit on a great point. We’ve been working on better ways to make sure we aim our efforts at improving our product based on feedback we see here in our forums. In the past, it has been very difficult to know which issues are widespread and which ones only affect certain people.

^^ Well done, Raphael_C!!

Finally sign of active support, one could almost say: COMMUNICATION with the community!

I don’t know the structures that you’re working in and how far you get restricted from above. But anyhow: Here’s a really great and involved community and the product itself is quite good on hardware basis.

So PLEASE finally get it on and SUPPORT this/your community actively!!!

We WANT to help you, we WANT to keep the device, we WANT good support (actually we payed for that, buying a WD product). We’re on the SAME side - as long as we don’t feel fooled.

If you listen to the COMMUNITY (the guys buying your stuff and do quite a lot of marketing - bad or good, depending on your work), you CAN’T get it wrong. Why don’t go the easiest way and LISTEN to the people here?!?

We’re users and in this case also mostly beta testers since we bought the device. Where can you get better feedback? Where can come better help from to optimize the product the most efficient, easiest and marketing effective way?

PLEASE USE THESE POSSIBILITIES NOW and do it right from now on!

Team play, Mr. C?

Best regards

1 Like

For the few minutes I had it installed on my Hub - 5 As soon as I saw what it did to the Mojo theme, I rolled back the FW. Keep the games and Facebook and the rest of the apps, including Netflix, just fix the FW!!

1 Like

EXECdesign wrote:

5 here, too. would be really excited of the chance giving it a 1!

(maybe in the (not so) far away future?!?)

I’d argue you on that! Navigation is tons faster now and i like the idea basically but since it disables themes with “moviesheet trick” i am not supporting it entirely unless they speed up the backdrop movie sheets to the same speed and tricks wouldn’t be needed anymore

I like to use alternative theme made by community users with moviesheet and coverart but with fw 2.08.13 everything is broken on this side :cry:

none of the requested fixes were done even in this last firmware and there still bugs to fix from version later than 2.04.13, related to music for example:

1. the playing order of the tracks when you play a flac album is inverted, the hub start playing the last song of the album and finally it plays the first.

2. If you are playing music and you have set the screensaver to picture slideshow the unit stop playing music when the screensaver starts

From the first firmware version WD has never improved the music player except they fix the basic command (play, pause stop next track and previous track) to work also in the other menu, in 2.04.13 you can use those command only in “playing” menu…

But then I saw they added services to services and I can’t use most of them here in Italy…

DeVicious wrote:

I’d argue you on that! Navigation is tons faster now and i like the idea basically but since it disables themes with “moviesheet trick” i am not supporting it entirely unless they speed up the backdrop movie sheets to the same speed and tricks wouldn’t be needed anymore

Well, I’d have to argue with you there, since speed was gained by sacraficing quality.  Naturally speed will be increased if the dimensions of the thumbnails are decreased and cached to be used that way, however, this also make them unsuitable to be displayed on the big screen.

2 Likes

Plesk90 wrote:

none of the requested fixes were done even in this last firmware and there still bugs to fix from version later than 2.04.13, related to music for example:

“None of the requested fixes were done…”  

Really?   I count at least a dozen fixes in the release notes… And a number of them that are NOT mentioned in the R/N’s are also fixed, not the least of which is that the Hub no longer reboots when “Get Content Info” is chosen from particular languages, etc.

But if it’s not the fix YOU are waiting on, then obviously WD is doing NOTHING…