No audio track language

just got the new Live (Gen3) player and checked it.

downloaded new firmware and opened a mkv-movie (dual-audio)

when i press the audio button or choose the option/audio it only lists the type of the track, eg DTS or Dolby Digital, but not the language. This is very annoying if you got movies with 4 or 5 audiotracks and no idea to which track you just switched. the old Gen2 did display the track-language and the track-name,

I’ve seen this with M2TS, MKV with animated PGS or external Vobsubs. Regular PGS show the language (after muxing with MKVToolnix). I’ve logged this as a bug on the beta board but so far no fix.

Never happened to me, are you sure that the container respects given standards?

I have the same problem as GringeCommander with all video files. The language isn’t displayed as it was with the “old” WD TV Live.

Regards.

I have the same issue with GEN3, FW 1.09.10. It would be great to have this fixed.

@Techflaws: Is reporting this to the “beta board” equivalent to officially logging this as a bug that WDC will investigate? And what is the “beta board” anyway? Where can I find it? Thx.

lcm121 wrote:

I have the same issue with GEN3, FW 1.09.10. It would be great to have this fixed.

@Techflaws: Is reporting this to the “beta board” equivalent to officially logging this as a bug that WDC will investigate? And what is the “beta board” anyway? Where can I find it? Thx.

You can’t find it unless you are a beta tester. You can report it at the link below (if its not already there)

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Issue/idb-p/streaming_issues

Thanks. I didn’t find any report about this so I created a new one.