New Release - WD My Cloud Firmware Version 3.01.03 (10/2/13)

WD is pleased to announce the update release of My Cloud Firmware Version 3.01.03.

• Please follow the instructions when doing the update.

Please feel free to post your questions and experiences in this thread.

Hi all
I can’t access the dashboard to perform the 3.01.03 update! I have used safari and chrome using both the IP address and the mybooklive URL can anyone help me please?
Many thanks in advance!

5torm:  The 3.01.03 update is for the WD My Cloud, not the My Book Live.

1 Like

Thanks Tony, well spotted. I managed to get the dashboard working in the end for my “my book live duo” in safari I had the ip book marked as opposed to using http://mybookliveduo.local/ui/
Where I had tried to reboot the NAS server, it got allocated a new dynamic ip and thus that simple.

Many thanks for taking the time out to respond!
Cheers!

I am having issues with the My Cloud locking up and not being accessible. I just set it up 3 days ago. It updated firmware that day to 3.01.03 build 127.  When the unit has this issue, I cannot even ping it. It also does not show up on my DHCP server list at all. It’s just dead. However the blue light is on like everything’s cool. I have to power cycle the unit to get it to wake. Then it takes an IP from the DHCP, I can start pinging it, and Windows lights up the shares. This has happened 3 times in 3 days. I wonder if there’s some sort of goofy loop or memory leak in this firmware?

Ray

When the issue occured, was it during sleep mode? Do a diagnostics test in the dashboard to make sure everything is ok. Then, if you can, do a quick factory restore (Warning: this will wipe out all data on your drive). 

I am performing a safepoint to one of the USB drives which I now shared over the network. I may do what you are suggesting after that is done. 

Yes, i have the same problem with the drive into a dead like state and not pingable etc
until power cycled. I thought i was crazy or my router was acting up till i saw this thread.

desolat wrote:

I am having issues with the My Cloud locking up and not being accessible. I just set it up 3 days ago. It updated firmware that day to 3.01.03 build 127.  When the unit has this issue, I cannot even ping it. It also does not show up on my DHCP server list at all. It’s just dead. However the blue light is on like everything’s cool. I have to power cycle the unit to get it to wake. Then it takes an IP from the DHCP, I can start pinging it, and Windows lights up the shares. This has happened 3 times in 3 days. I wonder if there’s some sort of goofy loop or memory leak in this firmware?

Ray

Just for testing purposes, try setting a static IP from outside your DHCP range. See if this still happens.

Yes I did this days ago. My apologies for not posting back, but I think I can safely say now that it is stable. I actually did two things and both seemed to work. I assigned a static IP for the My Cloud via the DHCP server (reserved address), and then I also tried going into the My Cloud settings and setting a static in the device firmware. Both worked. I have not had an issue since. So thanks and great idea.

Oh No

I got the same problem but I thought it was the router and have changed cables. Cost me a lot of time and money. Hope WD get this sorted. I have changed to fixed IP but as I am no computer expert I have two concerns.

is disconnecting power potentially damaging

do I need to change other devices on the network or can i leave DHCP enabled for them.

only had the device for two days and so far it has done this 3 times 

Wel that didnt fix it either 

changed to fixed address and it still dissaperaed and needed a power cycle to recover. Come on WD sort it or at least comment. Regretting not buying Seagate now.

I changed it to a fixed address to stop it moving all the time, and turned off the sleep function and now it stays on. Must be an issue with the new firmware.

Correction - turning the sleep mode didn’t work.  It still disappeared off the network and doesn’t come back unless I power cycle.  I might return it and get the Seagate instead!

Have any of you tried contacting WD Support for help? 

To Contact WD for Technical Support
http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en

I have to say this version is very buggy
  I can almost always see it on my network and ping it.  However iTunes rarely sees it; and only after I hit rescan content under the iTunes section.

Also, Time Machine Backup always fails after just a minute or two of attempting to back up to it.

My iPad and Android Phone cannot find it at all using either a local connection or through the wdmycloud.com account.

If I restart the NAS, I usually have to completely unplug it and let it start up (waiting a few minutes), check if I can reach it, (if I cant, I unplug it again); I repeat this process until I can ping it.

I purchased the MyCloud on 10/24/13 and as soon as I set up the device I noticed there was an updated Firmware available so I updated the device. I don’t know if this has anything to do with the update but based on what I have been reading it may, now my device goes into a deep sleep and I cannot wake it up unless I power fail the device. I am very disappointed in this WD product and seeing I just purchased the device I am considering taking it back for a refund unless I hear that this issue is going to be addressed very quickly.

Maybe co-incidence, maybe not but since the latest firmware update I see similar behaviour to what is being described BUT it only seems to occur when the device has a USB HDD plugged in at the same time.

The NAS is using DHCP rather than a fixed address and seems totally reliable until I plug in the ‘extra’  drive. Shortly after doing so, both devices appear to go into a deep sleep and nothing will wake them up. I’ve power cycled the ‘My Cloud’ unit but it still won’t respond across the network. 

We have released a new firmware update.  This thread is now closed.Â