New Release - My Net Router Firmware Updates (5/21/13)

Hi

I just got a WD N900 modem about a month ago it was working fine and suddenly i see wireless connection drops. So i was scannign this forum. I noticed three problems with the N900 and the thread “My Net N900 - Drops External Connection” was closed due to a small fight there. But i have more to say on what i tried

1. I replaced my modem with Motorola Surfboard 6141 - I was anyways going to remove the rented one from Comcast

2. I turned the Qos

3. Running the latest FW to what the router updated - 1.07 something

Common summar which helped people solve the problem here was

1. Turing off Qos

2. Upgrading to a new modem like the docsis 3.0 v

3. Over heating of the router even in less load and fan not running for proper cooling.

I am yet to try the fan part, just turned Qos part off for now. Trying one thing at a time

Question

1. Why does WD not test this in their own lab and manage FAN speed better ?

2. Why do users need to turn off required features to maintain basic wifi connectivity ?

3. I see no concrete RCA from the WD staff here ?

4. I see no FW updates to N900 either

In my opinion WD staff should do more testing and release a fix sooner as opposed from people wasting their time here testing and reporting

The only problem I have with The My Net N900 Router is the Wi-Fi falls out several times a week !!

I also have 2 WD My Net Repeaters and they also drop out several times a week.

Just a power reset will make everything work again…

Is there anyone who had solved this problem by changing something in the settings…??

If they could only solve this problem !!

I will try for some more weeks but otherwise I am going to look for another brand.

At this point  I am really disappointed in WD !!

Best regards,

Stefan

Hello. I am from Romania and here we have 1gb/s internet. Internet connection is ppoe. My connection is through the router WD MyNet N900 Central. It doens’t reach over 200mb/s. When I unplug the cable from the router and plug it directly to my computer speed reaches 600mb/s. I tried restarting the router, reseting the router, nothing works. pls help

The MyNet N900 Central firmware is great, anyone that claims differently is a filthy liar…
Best product EVER, beyond doubt!

My N900 Central has an issue where after a reboot, it does not properly mount the hard drive. I have to reboot it several times before it mounts properly and then it works perfectly until the next reboot. I haven’t seen this mentioned anywhere else.

Also, when should the fan kick in? I have never heard it, so I take it its thermostatically controlled and will only kick in when the internal temperature reaches a certain level?

And finally, call me a filthy liar, but I too have to reboot very often because of not just wireless, but lan dropout as well. In fact, I’m just after rebooting again because this happened. And it is a bit annoying when streaming a movie or tv show.

By the way, when it crashes the LAN/WIFI I get this one in LOG everytime;

Sat Feb 8 16:26:09 2014 DHCP: Server sending ACK to 192.168.1.142. (Lease time = 604800)
Sat Feb 8 16:26:09 2014 DHCP: Server receive REQUEST from 08:11:96:d1:27:d0.

The MAC varies between my phone, laptop and server/mediacenter… In this case its the laptop

Sat Feb 8 04:21:17 2014 DHCP: Server sending ACK to 192.168.1.142. (Lease time = 604800)
Sat Feb 8 04:21:16 2014

DHCP: Server receive REQUEST from 08:11:96:d1:27:d0.

Sat Feb 8 01:51:37 2014 DHCP: Server sending ACK to 192.168.1.129. (Lease time = 604800)
Sat Feb 8 01:51:37 2014 DHCP: Server receive REQUEST from 1c:99:4c:cb:25:07.
Sat Feb 8 01:51:36 2014 DHCP: Server sending OFFER of 192.168.1.129.
Sat Feb 8 01:51:36 2014 DHCP: Server receive DISCOVER from 1c:99:4c:cb:25:07.

Sat Feb 8 00:13:48 2014 DHCP: Server sending ACK to 192.168.1.142. (Lease time = 604800)
Sat Feb 8 00:13:48 2014 DHCP: Server receive REQUEST from 08:11:96:d1:27:d0.

So yes, thats 4 crashes today… With my old NETGEAR I believe I had 0 in 2 years

Hi,

the Router resets if you have high Data Transfer to the HDD !!

PLS correct, sooon!

I would like to ask, will there be future firmware updates for this router?

No, there won’t.

I’ve decreased the number of WiFi failures by placing the router on top of stacks of 5 pennies (wrapped in tape) under the four corners.  It seems to improve the ventilation.

For those with harddrives: A large number of hard drives exceed the max power spec for USB 2.0 (500mA).  My WD Essentials 2TB model usually takes 650mA to startup.  The best one I’ve tested is the WD My Passport 1TB.  Mine never exceeds 450mA.  This may explain some of the issues people are experiencing.

too bad, great idea, but lukewarm support.

I have a Mynet N900 and it had been dropping  all wifi at least once every 24 hours, usually during the night. It also slows to a crawl on and off during the day even on my ethernet connected machines. I have 2 machines connected via ethernet and 2 laptops via wireless as well as our phoones.

WD need to fix n900 central 1tb DNS SERVER NOT RESPONDING ISSUE . im getting dns not responding issue with the router every day at least 1 or 2 time on all my device wired and wireless its clearly a firmware issue need to be update asap