New Release - My Book Live Firmware Version 02.41.05 – 034 (2/27/2013)

The new firmware did not change Twonky at all, as far as I know.

You might just need to disable it, re-enable it, and check the configuration for Twonky.

The firmware don’t change the server, you need too install a patch to make switch between Twonky or DLNA

Firmware Version 02.41.05-034 (2/26/2013)

This firmware update will allow the WD Media Server to be applied to the My Book Live device.  This update does not alter the current Media Server configuration (Twonky Media Server). After applying this firmware update, you will have the option to switch to the WD Media Server.  The benefit of updating to the newer WD Media Server is to gain full Windows 8 certification and to take advantage of the WD app for Windows 8.

Here is the intructions to switch between this two servers. If your TV set work with Twonky, then install the patch that come in the Instructions to change the DLNA server for Twonky:

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5735

Yes it suppor it, I’ve already use Spanish subtitles and works perfect. Don’t use anymore miniDLNA :smiley:

Hi all

I have updated my firmware this morning via the web interface, after getting my email alerts.

When it went to reboot, it hasn’t come back up.

There is an orange light on the front which doesn’t flick, but the lan lights flick.

I can’t ping it, or http:// to it, nor does it register in my routers attached devices.

Is there anything I can do, as I have just spent the last month uploading all the kids DVD’s to it so they can watch them.

Hi there,
I’ve bought MBL a few days ago and already upgraded twonky server (version 7.*) this morning I’ve updated MBL firmware and now seems like twonky doesn’t work at all - no access through “:9000”
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/577/mybooklive.jpg/
Any help will be appreciated.

Did you follow this instructions?

http://mybookworld.wikidot.com/forum/t-459592/complete-guide-to-upgrade-to-twonky-7-version-my-book-live-o

This howto works!

I upgraded my MBL to the new firmware.  After completed, I was unable to see the MBL on any of my original shared devices.

I then tried running both the Twonky & WD Media DLNA Patches and both came back with an error 31101 - Invalid Firmware Package.

The Media Menu in the dashboard lists no version of twonky or any media server.

I factory deafulted the MBL, tried again, still same.

Any help, or has Western Digital given me another lemon.

Cheers

John

After logging into the UI, I was prompted to download this. Since it’s started, I haven’t had access to MBL. Windows no longer picks it up. I can not ping to it or load the UI through my browser.

I have a flashing yellow light. Can someone help me please?

Dear garanda,

Can you please, please, explain how did you mange to do it? I use a Samsung blue ray reader to acess MBL, I have uptdated the firmware, change it to WD media Server, now I’m able to read MKV, but still can read/see subtitles.

tks.

Worked fine for 3 months with the 053 firmware. MBL loaded about 25% full. I updated to 2.41.05-034 thru the dashboard (seemed OK). Updated to use the new WD server by installing WDmediaServerPatch.deb (seemed OK).

From my Sony TV I could see the WD server - I could see my folders - but no usable files (or some such words that indicated no valid file types). I assumed it was crawling the files and rebuilding its database. Waited a while - same info.

Went back to my PC and tried to reset the MBL. Since then nothing works. The PC can not see the MBL.

I tried to hit the reset button - but nothing seems to change. The front LED flashes from solid blue to amber (orange?) every 8 seconds for a while - then it stays solid blue.

Re-downloaded the setup program from WD - It can not find the MLB either.

Borked??

dune2000

In my case I have a Samsung LED D800 and have the same problem with subtitles I found that mkv files that have the subtitles inside the file don’t show the subtitles and if you try to use srt file don´t work. Then try to remove the subtitles inside the mkv file with mkvmerge (Google it) then you can use srt subtitles with the same name of your video file without any problem.

In the mkvmergue open the file with the add button.

Uncheck the subtitles in your file.

Change the name on the output.

And click on Startmuxing button.

This don’t change the quality of the video, only remove the subtitles.

I hope this help and sorry for my English.

1 Like

Dear Zorg19

Yes it worked. I used in mkvmerge the command line: --clusters-in-meta-seek, in order to be able to go Bck and Fwd.

Manny tks!

PS: does it work with other videos type files?

Dune2000

With mp4 and avi (divx and xvid) I don’t have any problem whit srt. I don’t know if this is a problem with the Samsung TV or the DLNA Server of the MyBookLive, because if You put the MKV file on a USB, the subtitle inside the MKV don’t show, but if you have the srt (with the same name of the movie file) the subtitle play without a problem, but if you play  from the MyBookLive this block any subtitle, even files that show the subtitles before. Then you need to turn off the TV for a 30 seconds and turn on again. The files that don’t have problems (MKV that don’t have subtitles inside the file, mp4, avi). But if again you play a MKV with the subtitles inside the file, this start again.

Sorry about my English, but I hope this help all that have this problem.

Zorg19

Using the mkvmerge, converting the avi or other files to mkv, my samsung bluR is able to read all subtitles. Tks againg for your help.

PS: your english is ok!

I have some troubles with the update for new files videos or str files, but if I use a rebuild option in the dashboard the mkv shows the subtitles properly even with 3D files, you need to sure that the file name of srt is the same of mkv.