New Release - Firmware Version 3.09.18 for WD TV Live Hub (1/24/13)

mike27oct wrote:

Yep, after looking at the underside of my HP laptop, I have come to the conclusion that all the components were poured in as liquid parts where they then take shape and harden into place!  TIght-fitting is an understatement.

Hmmm, you are not helping my sense of confidence in the HP Pavilion that I am typing this message on right now :confounded:

My Toshiba laptop has a switch on it to turn off the wifi and then it’s not even seen by windowz. Maybe your HP does too, I dounno, but if it does I would turn it off and get a USB wifi device and go on with life. If it doesn’t, you could disable the device in windowz and plug in a USB device. No digging around inside trying to get at the factory stuff.

Control Panel\Network and Internet\Change Adapter Settings Right click on the afflicted card and disable it.

I have opened up two HP laptops to replace the power supply jacks that got busted up by the owners. I found the info about how to open them by searching their model numbers. Located pdf files for both of them. They were step by step on how to get all the way down to removal of the main board. They aren’t very likely ever going to need that done again as I replaced the parts with something much better than HPs plastic garbage.

Somebody has problems with flv files?? with flv files at low resolution (640X480 for example) theres no trouble at all, but with high definition (1280X720) the hub says that the file is not suported. previous firmware was ok with all flv files. anyone else have the same problem?

I have a problem with the WD TV live hub 1T. Some times works very very slow and then it stops and not respond to remote control, it takes a lot of minutes to come back (if it comes back) to the normal function. You have to restart it from the on board button to come back. I think that its function is to slow. Do you have this problem?

Can I write with its on screen keyboard in different language, Greek?

mike27oct wrote:

Mostly, it’s networks, as they bring a whole new dimension of “weirdness” to using the PC and its connected gadgets.

As much as it pains me to agree with such a sweeping generalisation, I was one of the lucky few who didn’t really experience any of the painful problems with firmware updates as everyone else… I don’t use network shares, so perhaps that is indeed one of the major issues with other people.

However, I recently bought an external USB drive because I ran out of room on the 1TB drive and only now am I beginning to have issues. Networking? Perhaps not. Attached filesystems, maybe. Firmware only caused a major issue for me once I’d plugged in the external USB drive (a 750GB Seagate for what it’s worth) but I’d been having minor problems all of the way through: such as half of my content vanishing until I did a full factory reset. Kinda like working with Windows, you expect a full reset every year or so I never considered it a major fault.

It would be nice to say that only people using network shares or external drives are having issues with firmware, but I think that the plethora of complaints on this forum indicate numerous issues with hardware, networking, filesystems, software, fluffy toys, and other random things. It’s not just a networking thing.

The best thing that WD could do right now would be to open source the software and let the community release new (optional) firmware because most of us – and I have a feeling that I’m not only speaking for myself – would invest a few hours into fixing some of the bugs that WD are probably not commercially inclined to fix.

Next time you are missing half your content just do a media library clear… I wish there was a function to have this done every night at 1am cuz I have to do it all the time… usually due to multiple copies of the same folder/file.  But I’ve missed content before and it fixes it every time… nothing to do with the update…    Setting factory defaults did a clear, Im sure… 

This version like the previous one have a problem with mpg videos with multiple audio. I have videos in two languages and after using these firmwares no matter you change the audio channel is always in the default language. Pleas fix it. Thanx!

“Somebody has problems with flv files?? with flv files at low resolution (640X480 for example) theres no trouble at all, but with high definition (1280X720) the hub says that the file is not suported. previous firmware was ok with all flv files. anyone else have the same problem?”

yes I posted this 2 weeks ago:

"Updated and .flv files would not play, wrong format.

Rolled back and now plays fine again.

Any one else experiencing this? A new bug or just me?"

No one else but you reported a similar problem. I guess not too many people play .flv files.

Just roll back.

Thumbs for Video_TS works. The folder-structure has to be:

wdtvlivehub / “Title” /  → (content of Video_TS) video_ts.ifo, video_ts.bup, …

So just rename the Video_TS folder with the name and get the content information.

This is disaster. After update new firmware, usb ports is not working any more, I cannot play files (mp3, avi, flv…) from network share, when I play clips from youtube rew option on remote not working… And this I notice after fifteen minutes, I wonder what else is waiting for me.

Try resetting your device, if not, roll back to the previous firmware.

Mikellli wrote:

This is disaster. After update new firmware, usb ports is not working any more, I cannot play files (mp3, avi, flv…) from network share, when I play clips from youtube rew option on remote not working… And this I notice after fifteen minutes, I wonder what else is waiting for me.

The full HD files recorded by Sony HX9, M2TS and TS, worked perfectly,  I can not remember which version of firmware, and the latest updates simply those same files will not work correctly. Problems slowness image with audio sync.
thank you

Topic closed due to new release.