New Release - Firmware Version 2.04.13 for WD TV Live Hub (3/8/11)

ok will do.

All my movies sound all silent now after the upgrade. I’m usng HDMI only. Rebooting and reseting multiple times no help.

I need to revert back to old firmware: 2.03.24. but the web link containting now missing this file:

http://download.wdc.com/wdtv/LiveHub2_03_24_Rollback.zip

From this page.

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5860/session/L2F2LzIvc25vLzEvdGltZS8xMjk5OTU1MDY1L3NpZC9wZFVxLUxvaw%3D%3D

Can somebody please tell me where I can download this?

jmawdfan wrote:

All my movies sound all silent now after the upgrade. I’m usng HDMI only. Rebooting and reseting multiple times no help.

I need to revert back to old firmware: 2.03.24. but the web link containting now missing this file:

http://download.wdc.com/wdtv/LiveHub2_03_24_Rollback.zip

From this page.

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5860/session/L2F2LzIvc25vLzEvdGltZS8xMjk5OTU1MDY1L3NpZC9wZFVxLUxvaw%3D%3D

Can somebody please tell me where I can download this?

You could downgrade to  Firmware Ver. 2.02.19 and then let the hub upgrade to 2.03.24 via your network.

If you downgrade would it just upgrade to the latest?

My problem is my unit doesnt show Netflix or Pandora??  Im in USA

dopalgangr wrote:

If you downgrade would it just upgrade to the latest?

My problem is my unit doesnt show Netflix or Pandora??  Im in Maryland, USA

No. The network upgrade does it in steps - one firmware after the other. You just stop when you get to the one you want and then turn off firmware notification in the set-up menu so you are not constantly bothered by the latest update.

Did you buy the unit in the USA. It sounds like you may have a non USA version where these services were removed with the latest firmware.

BAD - BAD - BAD - STUPID FIRMWARE !!!

I updated live, Seriously regret this, WILL NEVER TRUS AGAIN AND WILL NEVER DO THIS AGAIN.

I AM STUCK NOW WITH A WD TV LIVE HUB, WHICH DOES NOT LOAD MOCHI ANYMORE.

As I have not the previous version, this STUPID update makes my unit UNUSABLE !!

Who is willing to send me the previous update 2.03.24 ??

NEED IT DESPERATELY , all pleasure gone now (in the weekend also !)

Thanks for any support!.

Why does Western Digital not make available previous flash (by hand) in case of getting stucked?

(very unfriendly, I am quite pissed off!

This is an unmature release!

Get away from it!!!

WD-Rovertje

WD-Rovertje wrote:

BAD - BAD - BAD - STUPID FIRMWARE !!!

I updated live, Seriously regret this, WILL NEVER TRUS AGAIN AND WILL NEVER DO THIS AGAIN.

I AM STUCK NOW WITH A WD TV LIVE HUB, WHICH DOES NOT LOAD MOCHI ANYMORE.

As I have not the previous version, this STUPID update makes my unit UNUSABLE !!

Who is willing to send me the previous update 2.03.24 ??

NEED IT DESPERATELY , all pleasure gone now (in the weekend also !)

Thanks for any support!.

Why does Western Digital not make available previous flash (by hand) in case of getting stucked?

(very unfriendly, I am quite pissed off!

This is an unmature release!

Get away from it!!!

WD-Rovertje

• *Try reading the post just a few up from your rant!!!

Reading that post will do nothing but make you madder as that person obviously doesn’t  know what they are talking about.  It WILL NOT allow you to do incremental updates.  It ONLY goes to the latest update.  I have tried and verified several times.  KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT BEFORE YOU GIVE ADVICE, IF NO YOUR NOT BETTER THE WD TECH SUPPORT.

Thanks for the advice, I will look to the previous comments.

Still looking for the previous firmware, in case of…

The website does not have the correct link for 2.03.24 (only htm-link in stead of the zip-file).

BUT…After several tries, I got back again with the unit through the Hardware RESET.

Seems to work now again.

So you are using the latest firmware and have both Netflix and Pandora?

Suggestion:  Try goggle and put in in WD Live firmware and the version  2.03.24, i was able to find it somewhere else and download it.

i found it here http://download.wdc.com/wdtv/wdlivehub_2.03.24.zip 

WD - YOU’RE FIRMWARE UPGRADE bleep … ARE YOU UNDERSTANDING ANY OF THIS?

scottawa wrote:

WD - YOU’RE FIRMWARE UPGRADE bleep … ARE YOU UNDERSTANDING ANY OF THIS?

You returned your Hub a week ago.   Why are you still whining?

Rich:

It looks like WD stopped doing Stepped-Upgrades.    I just verified using the WD API that the Hub uses.  It takes you directly to the latest version (at least on the Hub…)

The LIVE still does a Step Upgrade to get past the “Brick” code from 14 months ago…

I came here to decide if I should download the new firmware.  I think the answer is obvious.  I just watched a VOB movie file over my LAN and it played perfectly.  I know when I’m well off.

dopalgangr wrote:

KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT BEFORE YOU GIVE ADVICE, IF NO YOUR NOT BETTER THE WD TECH SUPPORT.

Yup, this is the way to go… If you don’t want people to try to help you!

The new firmware message has disappeared from my startscreen today.

I haven’t istalled it because I read here about all of the problems.

Does this mean WD has stopped distributing the software for automatic download?

WD did not stop the automatic download download through the WD TV Live Hub itself.

I think you can always  seach though the unit for availability of new firmware.

The only issue is you cannot get an older firmware through WD on the normal page.

And the WD support page (Answer ID 5860 - How to roll back firmware WD TV Live Hub Media Center) gives a link to the ZIP-file, but there’s an error on that page as it refers to a HTM-link (which fails).

But someone from this WD community forum was so nice to search for it and found the flash-image on the web and placed a link to it, so I’ve got the older image!!

MANY THANKS FOR THAT!

In the meantime, I got my unit back through a HARDWRAE-RESET (switch in hole on the bottom).

MOCHI has appeared again and I played an ISO-file op 9Gbyte, containing a AVCHD, so rather nasty (as the WD TV Live Hub has to open the file then). Works well, so I think my problem has solved.

I am not aware of other problems, I do not use the unit through HDMI interface (and I  use the optical audit-output).

You have to look to the other messages on this forum.

THANKS TO ALL FOR THE SUPPORT.

RELATED ISSUE (WD Share Space 8Tb and Flash possible through USB ?)

I am going to check for older images for my WD Share Space 8Tb, as when the live-flas failes, you can’t go to the web, so you need a USB-Flash image (but I am not shure right now if WD supports that…)

WD-Rovertje

2011-03-13 11H50

I have had the device now for 3 months with 3 firmware revisions, and it keeps hanging when I set the Photo viewing in streaming mode i.e. when I want the device to receive photos streamed from another media server (twonky 4.x server on a Linksys media hub nmh410). Reading photo files from network storage (also fhe nmh410) works well, but streaming would be better since I then could navigate the metadata. Streaming of music and videos work well.

When the photo streaming hangs, the only way is to disconnect the power and connect it again.

dopalgangr wrote:

Reading that post will do nothing but make you madder as that person obviously doesn’t  know what they are talking about.  It WILL NOT allow you to do incremental updates.  It ONLY goes to the latest update.  I have tried and verified several times.  KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT BEFORE YOU GIVE ADVICE, IF NO YOUR NOT BETTER THE WD TECH SUPPORT.

Sorry about that but I am only a user trying to help YOU. I can definitely tell you that WD did do stepped firmware upgrades but its looks like that have stopped that now. What did you want me to do, try it out before I advised you. Perhaps you should also remember that we are all users doing our best to help others before you start ranting against me.

Did you get your netflix and pandora back when you downgraded to 2.02.19?