New Release - Firmware Version 1.07.15 for WD TV Live Streaming Media Player (2/29/12)

Ripcord83 wrote:

martinboy wrote:

The filenames are s01e01 but WD renames them to 1-1 when I get the content info. So no, its a WD problem.

do you use the default TVDB Meta-Source to get info for your tv shows?

if so this is NOT a WD problem it’s TVDB as that’s how they name their shows they do not use 01, 02, 03 ect.

if you go HERE to New Girl you can see how they name each episode.

because of this, sorting alphabetically doesn’t work properly and this doesn’t apply to just the SMP but anything that uses them as a source.

So we need to tell thetvdb.com that they need to rethink how they name episodes?

TheTVDB has already commented on this.

It is up to the scraper to sort however it wishes;  the API is not going to add leading zeros to the episode numbers.

The problem is WD’s.  

They either need to sort by EPISODEID (which is what I would prefer) or add a leading zero to the episode number.

They may even need to add a leading zero to SEASON numbers if people are putting all seasons in one folder.

Steggl wrote:

Haha… Thanks, Steggl.  Everyone does need to cool down a bit.

1 Like

silki wrote:

Bill_S,

“By the way, that’s not an official WD forum, so you can not quote them as saying we’ve committed to anything.  Plus the Scott R comment is no longer there.  And any promise it made in its previous incarnation would never have anything to do with a brand new product.”

Couple of things here I never said this was official but as you say Scott R was using this service to get / give feedback on the device.

Your “previous incarnation” comment has hit the nail on the head that was a request on version 1 that was “planned” and has still not being added some 3 years on.

Anyway main point is This is a great device Gapless Audio would make it the best around and you have now “officially” acknowledged the idea so I well we hope to see this soon.

Well, unfortunately, I’m not the product support group, but I’m always hopeful.

Hello,
I have a WDTV live3 to connect with an optical cable on an amplifier 5.1 Denon AVR-1800. all functions very well with the update 1.04.12.
With Version 1.07.15 or version 1.06.04, the sound in DTS or AC3 does not function any more on the amplifier Denon AVR-1800.
I am obliged to return in version 1.04.12.
I am afraid to more be able to make of update without losing the DTS and AC3 on my Denon amplifier.

(…)

The new MLB TV app does not stream live video, only audio on my system.
If anyone is a subscriber please try and let us know if you can watch a scheduled game.

WD, please fix, thanks :slight_smile:

Yeah, I mean a lot of us are not too amused about the latest devlopments but we should still not get personal, right!? :smiley:

After the upgrade to this version some mkv with higher bitrate( over 15
mbps) stutter in certain scenes, never happened with previous firmware. 

I did roll back to v. 1.05.18 and all return ok; When again updating to v… 07/01/15 and
stutter again, both on Hard Disk USB or  network.
 I stay with v. 1.05.18, waiting for the next.

Regards.

A.

Anyone else lost the full shutdown ability since updating to 1.07.15?

You used to be able to press the power button on the remote and the SMP would go into standby, if you then held the power button down again for 5 seconds it would go into full shutdown turning off power any attached devices (2.5 drive).

When I upgraded to 1.07.15 this function dissapeared, as soon as a rolled back to 1.06.04 it was back again.

Just inquiring because I have DVDrip files as ISO. Are those the same type of files? 

That may be a permanent problem. My opinion/experience anyways since using the generation 1 WD through current model the sequence has always been this in that Format. Lets see what tthe future holds as far as a fix… 

I used  WD TV HD media player (gen1) up until last month when I gave it to a friend. i really got annoyed of the lack of DTS and i couldn’t do 1080p streaming over it (custom firmware),  based on my experience with the old player  I decided to get the latest player. 

Wow!  I never ever thought it could be possible WD to produce such a device that has so many and diverse problems. just the services i used work as described…

And why the **bleep** i can’t attach network share outside my LAN. I have all my backups in a data center, where i can access them from wherever I like over samba or nfs or whatever you decide to support.

I am really disappointed with this device. I wondered why I have bought it at a bargain price… Now I don’t.

Bronty wrote:

I used  WD TV HD media player (gen1) up until last month when I gave it to a friend. i really got annoyed of the lack of DTS and i couldn’t do 1080p streaming over it (custom firmware),  based on my experience with the old player  I decided to get the latest player. 

Wow!  I never ever thought it could be possible WD to produce such a device that has so many and diverse problems. just the services i used work as described…

And why the **bleep** i can’t attach network share outside my LAN. I have all my backups in a data center, where i can access them from wherever I like over samba or nfs or whatever you decide to support.

I am really disappointed with this device. I wondered why I have bought it at a bargain price… Now I don’t.

What problems are you actually having?  Because not being able to access files outside your lan isn’t a problem.  That’s just something the device doesn’t do.  I think you need a computer for that.

Well, I don’t think I have found something new I get the MKV stutter and the videos start after 10s or more which is annoying. I voted for the issues which are important for me. I don’t think you can do anything for me now. Just press harder the developers :slight_smile:

This is in reference to the MLB issues - We are definitely working on this, and should have a release for it in the near future.

Bill_S

Can you  please  comment on the slack episode file sorting (eg. 01,10,11,02).  It’s really frustrating, and quite frankly a deal-breaker.  We’re not asking to put a man on the moon - just a new sorting option (by episodeid).

Much appreciated

1 Like

You can add network shares to the WD, you just have to make sure that they share the SAME WORKGROUP name. If they don’t match, then the WD will not show them. It actually took me some time to find that out myself…

1 Like

Bill_S wrote:

This is in reference to the MLB issues - We are definitely working on this, and should have a release for it in the near future.

Are you also working on the network stutter bug and the frame drop bug with 1080p@23.98/24fps MKV files?

Frankly, I’m getting tired of the frustrating wait for you to fix this, while not being able to play any of my 1080p mkv files properly. The SMP is about half way through its product cycle, I guess. It has yet to actually work as a HD player. That is super embarrassing on your part. Especially considering which generation you are running, and the fact that your products used to be able to do this.

So, tell me, should I throw the SMP in the pile, or should I wait for you to fix it?

Another thing. Since the old WDTV Live played these files without hickups (at least with the 1.02.21 firmware), could you set up some exchange program so that SMP owners can get their unit replaced with the old Live model? I would rather have smooth playback and the major hazzle of manual framerate selection than services, a flashy UI and broken HD playback.

Or, even better, could you mod the WDTV Live firmware 1.02.21 to fit onto the SMP, and give your customers the option to choose between flashyness or smooth playback? Maybe, as an extra bonus, add the auto framerate capabilities from the SMP firmware?

Or at least, could you tell me which competing product intimidates you the most? Maybe I should get that instead.

I am wondering if this is an issue with new f/w or existed there in the past. My issue is related to My Book Live operated through Media Servers in the smp. The issue is described here in full

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Discussions/WDTV-Live-and-WD-My-Book-Live-2TB-No-Storage-Present-if-I-remove/td-p/367173

I got official confirmation about this being a bug (DLNA service being stopped or interrupted when I remove USB) but I am wondering if this existed prior to 1.07.15. Unfortunately, I performed the upgrade to latest f/w the same day I bought MBL so I didn’t have the chance to check with older f/w.

From support, they recommended me to revert back to a previous f/w, so I hope this is safe to do so at least to try for a couple of days the functionality.

Also, I hope that this issue will be looked thoroughly and be included as a fix in a future f/w release.