New Release - Firmware Version 1.06.15_V for the WD TV Live (8/9/11)

After installment new firmware, media files on some external drivers (Fujitsu 500GB, Ovation 750GB)  are not recognized or gives message that files are corrupted. After checking these drivers with Acronis Disc Director suite it comes out that WD TV Live HD damaged their master file table (MFT) . Although after repairment (posssible to open them again on PC) media player damaged them again. Any suggestion to overcome this problem !?

Unfortunately I didn’t keep previous firmware to reinstall it (it worked fine), so where I can get it !? cheers

Hi,

ever since my WD TV Live searched, downloaded, and installed the latest firmware off the Net, it has not worked!

By not working, I mean, it has issues with the DNS server address that I manually enter.

It worked perfectly out if the box, after I entered a static  IP address, DNS server, default gateway.  Magic.  But ever since the firmware upgrade, it keeps coming up with “Incorrect DNS server address”…consequently, I cannot access the Net.

I have tried setting the addressing via DHCP etc, but that has been worse, in-fact!  So I didn’t bother with pursuing that avenue for a resolution.

I have a CCNA so I know what I doing in terms of network connectivity issues etc.

Is there a way of going back to the firmware that shipped with my unit?

Cheers,

Twisted.

Belonging the new Match Framerate Bug

please add your afffected  “TV Hardware”  here:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/Firmware/Match-Framerate-no-longer-working-Bug-1-06-15-V-Your-TV-Hardware/td-p/255256

It would help a lot.

Since the update i can’t approach my attached USB HDD as well on my computer and my WD Live HD Player. Are there other users with this same problem and maybe an answer to solve this problem  

Automatic refresh rate doesnt work after update :]

Hello, I’m also from Portugal and  I have the exact same problem as my countrymen with the latest firmware.

After I start watching a video I can’t stop it, if I press stop button I can go back to the main menu but the sound keeps playing and I can’t open another file. When I press the power button and turn it off  and on the video shows up almost instantly and then the main menu pops in but the sound of the video keeps going on. The only way to stop it is to unplug the power cable but after I start seeing a video the issue comes back, on top of all this other commands as fast forward or pause don’t work…

Can we please get an answer just so we know you acknowledge the issue and are woking on a solution?

Thank you

TO DOWNGRADE:

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5800/~/how-to-roll-back-the-firmware-on-a-wd-tv-live-hd-media-player-or-wd-tv-live

This should be on a Sticky, so all can access at the beginning of the discussion.

Azumi wrote:

• Match Framerate “ON” doesnt works anymore. Off or on doesnt affects on any Video / MKV / AVI / Mp4 / WMV
  • Every PAL Video is played with 60 HZ and 720p ( tested with LG LE5300 TV ) instead of 50HZ having all settings to Auto / MF ON

no Matter if Source is 1080 or any other Resolution.

That’s OK since there are very little native 50Hz movies. The problem is with the 24Hz ones. All the movies (even ones in EU) are recorder first in that framerate and the bluray standard accepts that framerate on discs.

50Hz is just a BBC bull…

RoofingGuy wrote:

ToddeSwe wrote:

Can someone please tell me what WDTV_Live_GPL_code_package_1.06.15_V.zip is?

Thanks in advanced!

From the page the GPL downloads are on:

“The zipped file contains the source code for third party copyrighted software licensed under the GNU General Public License (“GPL”), which software may be used in WD TV™ Live Player.”

It is the source code for some of the firmware.  It is NOT the entire firmware – much of that is proprietary and protected.

But, any GPL *nix code that WD obtains from elsewhere (like the drivers for the various WIFI chipsets, for example), WD is legally obligated to provide the source code to anyone who wants it, under the GPL licence.

Thanks, after i had wrote my question i noticed what you just said. :slight_smile:

Sorry for waisting space!

The last release worked great.  This release is very poor.  The device is very slow to boot, the network port is now always on even when the device is off,  games were NOT needed.

I have downgraded back to the previous release.   

What i find amazing is the little (or should I say no) feedback we get on this forum on when problems will be fixed.

Its almost like its a users only forum on an official web site.

Why don’t the WD engineers actively post in this forum ?

It would surely make it easier for them to more quickly pinpoint problems and simultaneously give us some feedback.

There are a LOT cheaper media players that work better.

What should separate this product from the rest is support and feedback of a large company such as WD.

joels wrote:

Hi joels,

I completely agree with you and I found very interesting those words were you say are others options to buy.

With the maximum humility I ask you wich are those other chep players. I’m seriously thinking about buying another media player out from WD.

Thanks for your help.

PD: If we publish a list of non WD media players perhaps we’ll get any reaction from this company.

SGC_WD wrote:

joels wrote:

Hi joels,

I completely agree with you and I found very interesting those words were you say are others options to buy.

With the maximum humility I ask you wich are those other chep players. I’m seriously thinking about buying another media player out from WD.

Thanks for your help.

PD: If we publish a list of non WD media players perhaps we’ll get any reaction from this company.

Hi,

I bought a ReadyQ QT-500. It was much cheaper. It just doesn’t have internet apps/network connectivity, but it plays

all the formats even RMVB.

I’m in South Africa so its possible you don’t have it in your country.

joels wrote:> * * *

Hi,

I bought a ReadyQ QT-500. It was much cheaper. It just doesn’t have internet apps/network connectivity, but it plays

all the formats even RMVB.

I’m in South Africa so its possible you don’t have it in your country.

Thanks joels, I will take it in account.

If anyone could help me out with this i would greatly appreciate it, i’m at a loss as to what to do.

These 2 posts are copied from another forum that i tried to get help from and they directed me here.

This update messed up my whole WDTV. First thing i noticed after upgrading was occasionally it would freeze the movie on screen, so when you pressed pause or stop, the movie would still be playing but you would get the WD circle hourgl**bleep** thing on the screen forever. Only way to fix this was to actually pull the plug and have it reboot. Next issue i noticed, was that all of the files in my media server folders were “unplayable format”, which is [Deleted], again, had to do a hard reboot to fix it. So i downgraded to 1.0.5 and it seems like those “new” issues carried over and i was having the same problem. So then i updated again to 1.06 in hopes it might resolve one of the issues, but now it would even open my media server folders, just says there is nothing in the folder. 

Then I  reverted back to 1.0.4.31, reset to default settings, played one movie and here is what happened. Pressed pause during movie, movie sound kept playing but i was back at menu. I could not click on anything, but pressing play brought me back to the movie however the WDTV hourgl**bleep** circle was stuck on the screen until movie ended which was incredibly annoying. I hadn’t seen this bug until i first upgraded to 1.06, which makes me believe it’s not my actual box, but something glitchy with the firmware, and even though i rolled back to older firmware, the glitch is stuck with me and i have no idea how to get rid of it. Turning the box off and on softly will give me the “file is unplayable” error, and it’s not until i reinstert the power cable that i can watch another movie, albeit with about a 75% chance of doing this whole [Deleted] scenario again. Can anyone direct me to where i can find some help with this, or who i can report it to, or any hope at all in trying to get this box working right again, please.

Is this forum modded or what!? Is this an official forum? My player is bricked by an official firmware release by WD. The least I would expect was a prompt response from a moderator stating an effective solution or at the very least an acknowledgement.

I will keep waiting… but not for long.

Greetings

Internetahoolic wrote:

Is this forum modded or what!? Is this an official forum? My player is bricked by an official firmware release by WD. The least I would expect was a prompt response from a moderator stating an effective solution or at the very least an acknowledgement.

I will keep waiting… but not for long.

Greetings

Wow.  Wait just a minute there.   Forum moderators are NOT technical support!   Call WD.

Besides, they haven’t had the chance to get this far.  I happened to stumble on this.  And even though Tony is right, I’m not technical support, what happened that you bricked your WD TV?

Bill_S wrote:

Besides, they haven’t had the chance to get this far.  I happened to stumble on this.  And even though Tony is right, I’m not technical support, what happened that you bricked your WD TV?

Keep up the good work.  Nil bastardo carborundum 

Doesn’t sound right to me, plenty of people have lots of 50Hz movies.  I live in Australia, a PAL country, and rip all my DVDs at 25fps since that matches what’s on the disk - 50Hz or 50 fields per second.  Please let me know if it looks like I’m doing the wrong thing though.> Cheers> * * *
SoNic wrote:

… there are very little native 50Hz movies. …

50Hz is just a BBC bull…