New Release - Firmware Version 1.05.04_V for the WD TV Live (5/12/11)

I`ll advise, ditch WDTV and their support team.

HDMI AUTO does NOT change RESOLUTION based on media type. It sets the HDMI output to the HIGHEST resolution marked as NATIVE in your TVs EDID data.

Just wonderful.  I finally connected mine to the internet and Netflix and everything played fine.  It prompted me to update to this firmware and it broke almost everything.  I reset back to factory but that keeps the same firmware it seems. 

I reverted back to the older firmware and everything is working again.  I wish I would have read here first.  Wasted 2 hours last night.  Glad I am not the only one. 

Thanks!!

When can we expect that all of those issues are fixed ??? I have never, ever encountered a device where the manufacturer manages to introduce more faults with every release !!!

The Wd devs are not so expirienced with the media players so with must have patience and all will be fixed as soon as they can understand completely the wd live.

Send us the Beta version and we can test it out.  Seems like a lot of smart people in here that may be able to help with the testing. 

I like everything about this device except for Netflix streaming.  But I can live without it if I need to.  It plays every format I have tried flawlessly.  Easilly connected to my home share.  Streams music just fine from my media server. 

One other thing that would be nice is a menu on the side of the movies that you could goto say the letter L to start with the movies that start with L. I have 500 movies on my harddrive and it takes ages to scroll through them.  Unless I am missing something!

dsm091 wrote:

One other thing that would be nice is a menu on the side of the movies that you could goto say the letter L to start with the movies that start with L. I have 500 movies on my harddrive and it takes ages to scroll through them.  Unless I am missing something!

That would be nice. But as a workaround, you can make folders named “A” through “Z” in your movies folder, and then put your movie files inside those new folders.

VMat

I fail to understand why im still on the first firmware, because all the updates after that, fail to play DTS (MKV) via my sony receiver.

its a bit silly.

Chaz36 wrote:

I fail to understand why im still on the first firmware, because all the updates after that, fail to play DTS (MKV) via my sony receiver.

its a bit silly.

I fail to understand why you’re the only person this seems to affect.  Everyone else can apparently play DTS 5.1 over digital (and downmixed to stereo), regardless of AVR.  There have been occasional issues here and there that folks have reported, with one version or another, but I’ve never seen anyone say that DTS just won’t work under any firmware… that sure sounds like it’s the AVR and not the WDTV.  I doubt WD can do much with their firmwares to change the Sony’s behaviour.

I also fail to understand how you know this.

There isn’t a rollback for the original firmware… if you’ve ever updated, you can’t go back to the original… you can only rollback as far as the first set of released firmware updates.  So, either you’ve not actually tried any of the later firmwares, or you’re not still on the first firmware. :wink:

At first, offcourse there is a way to roll back, edit the wdtvlive.ver file to a higher version than the latest, then put that with

the older update.

The WD TV Live will pick it up as a newer update, but installing the old. :wink:

Im on firmware revision 1.02.21

I tried all the later updates, and had to roll back, because of the audio option that was added.

I have only the Stereo and Digital option.

On 1.02.21 my mkv’s play fine DTS, and with the later updates, DTS is no longer recognized by my receiver.

If i put it in stereo i have sound, but thats no DTS. So i gues they changed something with the  HDMI signals

Why would an update, cause that, thats my only question.

My receiver is still the same.

Other than that its a fine device.

BTW, this problem has affected more people, i read it a few times after an early update.

That is already some time ago.

I have a problem about subtittle text show on the left screen and  freeze some movie. After then  i rebooted my firmware, it’s looks good again.:smileyvery-happy:

What is the most stable firmware for Netflix?  I am still having issues with .4 and .5. No video.  Plays fine on my computer so I know it is not a NF issue.

dsm091, this is for the WD TV Live, Netflix is not implemented in this device.

12 july tomorrow.Lets hope Wd will release new firmware because 2 months have pass till the 1.05.04 without a good firmware.

In my wishlist is better support for new USB wireless adapters for next firmware.

I have noticed that Netgear has updated their USB wireless adapter WNDA3100 to version 2 and I just tested that version is not working with firmware 1.05.04_V

Version 1 of Netgear adapters are not anymore available, so I hope you add support for newer version soon.

hello,

sorry i’m new here

is this bug solved in actual firmware? “HDMI->DVI stuck on 480p on WDTV Live”

http://community.wdc.com/t5/Firmware/BUG-v1-01-11-HDMI-gt-DVI-stuck-on-480p-on-WDTV-Live/td-p/597/page/5

i want to write the question in this thread but it’s closed

because i want to buy a WD TV Live and want to connect it to my beamer via HDMI → DVI cable. my beamer has a maximum resolution of 1024x768, but a home cinema resolution like 720p work as well too.

thanks for helping

greets from germany

eltrash

I have recently bought Seagate 3TB internal HDD (ST33000651AS) and before use it along with my WD TV Live I updated it to the latest firmware (supporting HDD greater than 2TB). Unfortunately the Disk in not recognized. Please note that all my other 8 HDD (up to 2TB) are working properly. Any ideas why this happens?

Kanellopoulos wrote:
I have recently bought Seagate 3TB internal HDD (ST33000651AS) and before use it along with my WD TV Live I updated it to the latest firmware (supporting HDD greater than 2TB). Unfortunately the Disk in not recognized. Please note that all my other 8 HDD (up to 2TB) are working properly. Any ideas why this happens?

If it’s an internal, that implies you’re using a dock or enclosure.   It could be that the enclosure and the WD don’t get along, or the enclosure and the drive, or a combination of the three…

First af all, many thanks for the prompt answer! Indeed an internal disk (my mistake) is connected to my WD TV Live thru a USB2 Icy Box dock IB-110StUS2-B which plays all my other HDDs up to 2TB, either thru USB2 or eSATA. The same dock plays all disks, including the new 3TB, to my PCs and laptops. You beleive that the 3TB HDD is not supported by the dock when connected to WD TV?

My device is working fine at 1080p using 1.05.04