New Release - Firmware Version 1.05.04_V for the WD TV Live (5/12/11)

JKirk wrote:

Is there any way to downgrade to a previous firmware?

Jim

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5800/

Thanks!  I’ll give that a try…  Hope it works!!!

So, which driver must I install for a correct use of the wd tv live ?

Whit this one, my portable Samsung s2 is not recognize until I stop the power of the wd

have you took away menu transition (fade in out)  it seems to have dissapeared?

ikbaa wrote:

have you took away menu transition (fade in out)  it seems to have dissapeared?

I think that stopped working some time ago so I assume they just took it out.

1 Like

For the PPL from WD.

Is it possible to create a firmware with a roll back and the BEST stable firmware?

Discovered an interesting behaviour when playing ISO files from Blu Ray disks.

When starting the first one everything works as expected.

When starting the second one, nothing happens. Selecting it again, it plays.

Starting  the third one gives the same behaviour as the second one.

Finally starting a fourth one, my WD tells me thats this type of file is not playable.

Which is not  true of course, since after restarting (soft) the WD it plays perfectly.

After restarting the WD the described cycle starts from the beginning.

Can anyone confirm such a behaviour or is it possibly something i do wrong with my Blu Ray ISO files?

It’s the same issue whether it be DVD ISO or BD ISO.

It’s a bug.

What about zoom feature?

Please add at least 1.3x zoom option.

ArtS007 wrote:

What about zoom feature?

Please add at least 1.3x zoom option.

There is a zoom feature, except in DVD mode. Press the option button.

1 Like

Is their a way to stop the unit from checking for new firmware when you turn the unit on?  I’m using an older version of firmware and it is annoying that every time you turn it on you have to hit several buttons on the remote to ignore the firmware update notification.  The only solution that I could find is to unplug the unit from the network, but that is also a pain.

Thanks,

Block the website “support.wdc.com” in your router.

Nobody to say which version of the driver I must use

Lupin wrote:

Whit this one, my portable Samsung s2 is not recognize until I stop the power of the wd

Lupin wrote:

Nobody to say which version of the driver I must use

Lupin wrote:

There are no drivers for the WDTV Live.

I had the same question, but if you block it in the router won’t that stop you from going out on the PC to look for updates manually?

Not if you tell it to only block the WD’s access to it…

Reply to Lupin 

I had the same problem and I downgraded to  v1.04.22_V  which is still (I believe) available here:  http://www.wdc.com/wdtvlive_limitedpublicbetarelease/

This one works for me.

richUK wrote:> There is a zoom feature, except in DVD mode. Press the option button.

I know that. But it contains only 1x, 1.1x, 1.2x, 2x etc. options. I would like to see at least 1.3x option too. :slight_smile:

ArtS

Hi all,

Right, a quick thank you to Roofing Guy for suggesting I try a reformat on my WD 2TB Elements drive. I finally found the space to offload my 1.6TB of MKV files and repartitioned as explained in the link. The drive now mounts to the WDTV Live unit regardless of Firmware version.

Ok, so feeling much more confident in my WD setup I then tried to upgrade to the current firmware 1.05.04 to get the latest functionality. Now, the 2TB drive mounts, but sadly I now have a new problem…

I get video when I play the files but none of my MKV files (DTS or AC3) will play with Digital Sound set in the settings!!!

I have read that it could be ‘HDMI handshake’ between the WDTV and my Amp, so if I list my setup below, maybe some of the more techie guys/gals on here could help me diagnose the problem.

WDTV Live connected to Sony STR-DG710 AV Reciever via HDMI (Video/Sound), HDMI output from amp connected to Panasonic 42" TX PZ-70 Plasma TV.

I have tried connecting the WDTV unit to the amp via optical to support the sound and I still get no sound output when selecting ‘digital’ in the setting.

But, here’s the trick, if I then downgrade the firmware to 1.01.17 again, presto!!! I get MKVs playing with sound, even with just the HDMI lead connected. When you play the file, the amp reports back that it is receiving DTS or standard Dolby signal ok???

What is it about the new firmware upgrades that prevents me from enjoying my movies with sound?

If I can get this last issue resolved, I will be very happy!! 

Regards,

James (still on V1.01.17 firmware)

Forgot to mention that I have tried a number of new firmware versions from 1.01.17 and no luck.

James