New Release - Firmware Version 1.04.22_V for WD TV Live (3/8/11)

masterbutz wrote:

Hi maxeemo, a part that the fw is the same or not, for every “downgrade” “upgrade with the same release number” you need to edit the wdtvlive.ver included in the build. these info are widely explained aroud here (don’t be lazy and search).

good luck & regards

You’re right masterbutz, I didn’t search. But I was thinking there should be A difference between beta and final versions and WDTV Live device can distinguish them! Looks like there is not.

Thank you & regards too

Fenka wrote:
Works great after hard reset & powerplug removal. How about DTS-HD Master Audio support??? DD-True HD works fine but not DTS-HD Master Audio. My receiver supports DTS-HD Master Audio & Dolby Digital True-HD, so what’s wrong? Any settings I’ve missed? Anyone got an idea? Sorry for my bad English, I’m Swedish. /Fenka

DTS-HD MA is not, and apparently never will be supported.  DTS will not grant WD a license.

maxeemo wrote:> You’re right masterbutz, I didn’t search. But I was thinking there should be A difference between beta and final versions and WDTV Live device can distinguish them! Looks like there is not.

Thank you & regards too

sincerely this upgrading WD “policy” make me unhappy … I don’t know another brand which you can’t upgrade / downgrade what you want without be a “technicians” … btw I believe that you can quiet remain in “beta” coz is the same like official … in this case WD programmers are lazy … :wink:

regards

TonyPh12345 wrote:

Fenka wrote:
Works great after hard reset & powerplug removal. How about DTS-HD Master Audio support??? DD-True HD works fine but not DTS-HD Master Audio. My receiver supports DTS-HD Master Audio & Dolby Digital True-HD, so what’s wrong? Any settings I’ve missed? Anyone got an idea? Sorry for my bad English, I’m Swedish. /Fenka

DTS-HD MA is not, and apparently never will be supported.  DTS will not grant WD a license.

Ok, thanx…

Thank you VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY much for giving access to TUNEIN radio which seems to be the same as RadioTime TV.

This is excellen news for European users.

Michael Casey 

my wd hd live is connected to tv via hdmi and optical connection connected to av receiver this works fine with mkv files but files a have watched before avi/mp4/mpeg play but no sound

Works great !!!  network too !!!

Thank you !

When using  FLINGO and videos on facebook , I do not get audio…

Still play 24/96 FLAC files as ?/48. I can see this in my Cambridge Audio Dacmagic DAC.

Release notes say: “Resolved problem where high sample rate audio was being downsampled to 48KHz.”

Sorry about my poor english.

Elbenve wrote

"

Still play 24/96 FLAC files as ?/48. I can see this in my Cambridge Audio Dacmagic DAC.

Release notes say: “Resolved problem where high sample rate audio was being downsampled to 48KHz.”

Sorry about my poor english       "

see other threads and previous posts on this thread re this problem…

It has not been fixed in lateset firmware for WD TV Live and Live Plus.  

Only HUB has bug fixed.

WD say they will try to get it in next firmware release

it is a little bit better  with vob files

i,ve tested with dvd death race 2 ((  cool movie)) the stuttering was for a second

not as before that was every time stuttering foor several second more then 15sec    now it is less then 1 sec  in 30  minutes playback time just happend  2 times  , although i think something changed about that ,

but as the   general  info “says”" it is still a known issue “”

mgcasey wrote:

Thank you VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY much for giving access to TUNEIN radio which seems to be the same as RadioTime TV.

This is excellen news for European users.

Michael Casey 

It is Radiotime. If you link the WDTV to a Radiotime account you can save your presets.

Ok board for who is interested :

Finally Wireless Keyboard Microsoft Arc work fine !

P.S.

no overkill reset needed, just unplug power cable, wait 30" put Keyboard dongle receiver, turn on and play

• fw last 1.04.22_V

regards:smileyvery-happy:

Is there ever going to be a fix for the thumbnail caching issue over network shares?    1.01.24 is the last version that doesn’t have this issue.  The thumbnails look much better now…but if you load more than about 100 it will lock up every time.  http://community.wdc.com/t5/Firmware/Thumbnail-caching-crashes-WDTV-Live/m-p/20501 

I would love to have all of these new bells and whistles…but not if I have to unplug the **bleep** thing every day to use it.  Love how both threads on this issue are now locked out and you cant post on them anymore even though the problem still exists and can be repeated over and over…

@Guy_K:

Great work on having the Auto framerate finally implemented!! But…

…should there not be an “Auto” option for each resolution, actually?

Say I have NTSC, PAL, 720p and 1080p stuff on the hard disk with different frame rates but I want them all to be played in 1080p (scaled by the WDTV).

If I now select “Auto” in the settings, would it not just auto-detect the framerate but also auto-switch resolutions? So playing PAL in PAL and letting the TV do the upscale?

So would it not be better to have an Auto option for each resolution, like … 720p Auto, 1080i Auto, 1080p Auto ?

Or even better have one menu option purely for resolution and one separate just for framerate to make sure i.e. everything plays in 1080p (scaled by the WDTV) and framerate set to Auto ?

No, it doesn’t switch resolutions.  It stays on whatever you’ve set it to.

The auto frame rate does just that… it changes the frame rate.

I have a big  problem with this release.  It do not display subtitles  from srt  files anymore !!! 

Has somebody else noticed this problem ?

Thanks

Fred

The overall Audio Volume Levels of the WD Live is too high set. with TOSLINK.

Its tiny distorted. You mostly notice it listening to Pop Music increasing Volumes a bit.

I have really good Headphones and Setup the AV Receivers correctly with Treble Bass Loudness.

I tested LPCM / FLAC /MP3 AVS, its all the same. Stereo and optical Settings do not matter in the Audio Quality Output.

While my PC / Soundblaster and  DVD Player Audio  is entirely unscratchy the Audio Output of the same Songs

over the WD is a bit overbuzzed. I tested with elder 1.3 and newer Firmwares up to the latest 1.4.22 and its al the same on my side with the 2 AV Receivers i have…

Sure i unplugged and removed Powers and resetted as usual.

Best would be to add a Setup Menue to configure the overall default Volume on our own.

:slight_smile:

I did plug all ways to my AV Receivers now and results are

• HDMI in / TV Toslink out ( Extremly scratchy Distorted , perhaps the WD is troubelling with my LED TV’S  )

• Direct TOSLINK  to AV Receivers ( distortions you may mainly notice using Headphones)

• Analouge Output Cables ( AV Out Plug ) / Accurate Levels no Distortions at all but bad bad Bass and Treble +Loudness compared to TOSLink

If youd put TOSLINK Audio Levels to the same Volume  Level of Analouge Output then it would be accurate.

The playlists in youtube  show no content avaliable after upgrade.:cry:

Hi guys!

I’ve updated my unit two days ago and at the first time I was fascinated by this auto framerate feature but unfortunatelly it doesnt work great for all videos. For example I have two HD music videos at 23.976 fps but the WD “thinks” they are 50Hz or 60Hz. I know that because my Sony Bravia shows 1080/24p when the input signal is with that frequency. And of course it is obvious something is wrong  - picture is stuttering, when i switch manually to 1080 24Hz, everything is cool. 

It would be so easy if I could manually change the framerate during the playback through the menu.