New Release - Firmware Version 1.02.14 for the My Book World I & II (5/14/12)

WD is happy to announce the release of its firmware update for the My Book World I & II. For more information, please refer to Answer ID 3304.

Feel free to post your experiences in this thread.

The releasenotes link inthe knowledgebase  http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3304/ points at the 01.02.12 release ( http://support.wdc.com/download/notes/MyBookWorldEditionReleaseNotes_v1_02_12.pdf),,) you can change manually to  http://support.wdc.com/download/notes/MyBookWorldEditionReleaseNotes_v1_02_14.pdf to get the 01.02.14 releasenotes . . . 

Firmware Version 01.02.14

• Resolved issue with CNID DB error pop up when using Apple® Time Machine®

Please update the knowledgebase link :wink:

This should be fixed now.

I am just trying to update, but the update seems to have stopped. The screen says progrss of firmware update 0% in update, and it has been so for at least 2 hours now. What can i do? I do not want to corrupt my disk.

This is something you should contact WD Tech Support with and let them help you.  I would do it today, we’re doing a major system update that may take the rest of the weekend.

To Contact WD for Technical Support
http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en

Thank you for your answer, but they are closed for today. I have tried an email… What is your best advise?

Tech Support would be the best advice I can give.

Suddenly after several hours the disk restarted with the new firmware. Everything is now ok.

Well, I was expecting to solve the hangs issues.

-If I transfer a folder with more than 100GB on Win7, it crashes (Light Stuck, Network Drives not responding, Console not responding). Taking out Power only solution to recover.

-If I transfer a folder with more than 100GB through FTP, it goes perfect.

-If I transfer a folder with more than 100GB on Ubuntu (linux), it goes perfect (It crashed the first time, because another windows PC was writing…).

I have done an RMA with the original NAS because of this issue, plus high temps.

Now after doing RMA, temps are correct, but transfer issues remains, and I need it working 100% on Windows!!!

Why I didn’t buy Synology and bought this [deleted]!

Now the MBWII doesn’t go to standby-mode ! :grumpycat:

What can I to do ?

Hi, I’m having some issue after this update.

I have updated using web-interface, and after the update my MBWE can’t mount the DataVolume.

It was working perfect before the update =/

The configuration page is running and the Storage > Disk Manager says that the status is GOOD.

But in Storage > Volume Status it says:
Volume: DataVolume
Type: Span
Disk
Usage: unknown
Size: unknown

and in System Status confirm "DataVolume Usage: Failed ”.

Do you know what is happening? why this happened if I made the update thru MBWE system?

and the main point what should I do? =/

Thank you!!

For me, never WD like MBW ! I am very :angry: about WD !!

The update bricked my drive, now I can’t access anything. I didn’t turn it off during the update, in fact I was able to connect to it.  I attempted to reset using the reset button to no avail, won’t do anything … not even the power button responds.

I have important data on this drive and I need access to it ASAP! Got any suggestions?! 

S/N:  

fabiogumiero wrote:

Hi, I’m having some issue after this update.

I have updated using web-interface, and after the update my MBWE can’t mount the DataVolume.

It was working perfect before the update =/

The configuration page is running and the Storage > Disk Manager says that the status is GOOD.

But in Storage > Volume Status it says:
Volume: DataVolume
Type: Span
Disk
Usage: unknown
Size: unknown

and in System Status confirm "DataVolume Usage: Failed ”.

Do you know what is happening? why this happened if I made the update thru MBWE system?

and the main point what should I do? =/

Thank you!!

Its just done the exact same to me :frowning:

Hopefully someone can help me, I can’t update my MBWII by either the manual software update method or the automatic one.

Using the manual method once I’ve browsed to the .img file for the update and clicked on update after a period of between 30 sec and 1 min the file dissapears and the message ‘No file selected reappears’

When I use the automated method, it just tells me that my software is up to date, which it obviously isn’t.

01.01.08 with MioNet 4.3.1.13
Last Upgrade Wed, 30 Sep 2009 19:31:50

Firmware Upgrade
New Firmware
>> Your device is up to date.

Please help, this was annoying when I was using the MBW with a PC, but now I have a Mac running OS X Lion its rendered it unusable!

Thanks

Nick

I am having the exact same problem. The drives are listed as good. I can not ssh in with the default password any more. The volume is actually mountable. I can erase the volume either. My data is still on there.

DataVolume Mirror    unknown unknown Failed

I am having the exact same problem too.

nobody can help us?

tonifan

Not sure if this applies, but my XP machine would not connect.  

I reset and everything.  Well at the reset point, the unit lost it’s set IP…  I grabbed the newest ip off my DHCP server and connected to the public share fine.   

I then got into the MyBookWorld and reset the IP.  I tried to unmap and remap using the computername in the share and it fails…   IP connection method to the share still works…  :???

Sticking to this method until I can troubleshoot it further…

Mike