New Firmware Release - Version 2.03.24 for the WD TV Live Hub (12/30/10)

whether its firmware or not each time theres been a revision the unit guess so **bleep** quirky I think you need to scrap this and start all over nice idea but stupid things get jammed out of whack each time either the dvd menus work now they dont work the sorting you have way too many people inputting and when you do screw things up you dont back it up to the firmware that does work you are flying by the seats of someone elses pants you cant hope it works with band aids and ya’ll think i’m just jabbering but review you posts

This firmware release works just fine for me. I LOVE the “Enhanced Video Playback (detect frame rate).” I play PAL NTSC and HD and I no longer have to manually select the frame rate 50Hz 60Hz or 24Hz under settings.

Just superb, keep up the good work.

Riddle,

I couldn’t agree with you any more. WD needs to take a look at Roku’s mission statement an apply it to their product.

“The market leader in streaming entertainment devices for the TV with over 1 million units sold, Roku has always believed that anything you want to watch, listen to, and enjoy should simply be there on your TV, whenever you want it. Roku streaming players are renowned for their simplicity, variety of entertainment choices, and exceptional value.”

How about a search option in Neflix WD? Why should I have to go to another device to search for content on Netflix. I can search content on a $60 player without turning my focus off my set.

How long did your “flash dance” last.  I have about the same amount of files, and I left it all night.

after reading almost all 17 pages, i’m gonna stick with FW Version 2.02.16

I live in Sydney, Australian and have installed the latest firmware. I have also read the release notes and the last point in regards to the latest version is that cities outside the USA should be listed.

I have set the time zone to Sydney (+10) but I still only get US cities.

What do I need to do to get Sydney, Australia up?

Please help.

Salkeld wrote:

I live in Sydney, Australian and have installed the latest firmware. I have also read the release notes and the last point in regards to the latest version is that cities outside the USA should be listed.

I have set the time zone to Sydney (+10) but I still only get US cities.

What do I need to do to get Sydney, Australia up?

Please help.

Are you talking about the cities listed in time zone box - as long as you set the correct time zone then you can ignore the cities listed. Its the accuweather service that needs the correct city selected.

bill_s wrote:

WD is happy to announce our latest firmware update for the WD TV Live Hub Media Center.   For information about the firmware update, please check out the  release notes.

Your firmware is the reason I was getting choppy playback on a wired connection to my hub.  I, and several forum advisers tried everything else before reverting back to factory defaults which solved the problem immediately and it has NOT recurred.  I think you need to amend this post so people will be warned about my experience and amend your firmware accordingly.  I will not upgrade again unless I’m certain this won’t happen again.  BTW, the same thing is true of my WD LIVE media player. 

Sorry I am talking about the weather program. I don’t get the option of selecting Sydney, Australia. I have the correct time zone but can’t select any location outside the US

Type ALL of the name.  SYDNEY.

International locations won’t appear until the full name of the city is recognized.

That’s a bug fixed in the Live / Live+, supposedly…  

Salkeld wrote:

Sorry I am talking about the weather program. I don’t get the option of selecting Sydney, Australia. I have the correct time zone but can’t select any location outside the US

Type in full your city name - Sydney, press submit and a list of Sydney’s in the USA and around the world will appear, somewhere in that list (probably near the bottom) Sydney Australia will appear.

To change the location of the weather you have to use the change location at the top left of the accuweather screen in services.

Thanks guys. This is now working correctly. Didn’t think I would have to type in the full city.

Files in Recently View must have ordered by date decrease.
Sorting by file name - it is a bug.

Please fix the metadata issue. All I want to do is add a pic and basic info to my home videos. It is almost impossible once the video has been previously uploaded. It should not be this difficult to edit the metadata for that video. Help. I am starting to think that WD should be embarrased for allowing this glitch in the last firmware update to exist. So frustrating.

pcmorgan10 wrote: I am starting to think that WD should be embarrased for allowing this glitch in the last firmware update to exist. So frustrating.

Oh, please… I am sure WD is embarrassed to be the first and only media player (that I know of, at least) to even HAVE user-defined metadata. :wink:

Looks like there’s a bug with keyboard under certain conditions.

Some keys or key sequences stop functioning after searching for video files.

How to reproduce:

1. Go to Videos menu item.
  2. Press Ctrl+F and type a name of a file you have on local storage.
  3. When search is complete, select the file.

And now, if you press Ctrl+O for the options menu, it won’t appear. Start the video. Now while playing, type M for mute, Spacebar to pause or any other button - nothing works except Escape. Though, it still works with the remote control. This strange behavior is encountered only when the video file is located through the Search, otherwise it works fine.

This should be fixed.

So guys, how about a new firmware, it has been a while. Are you sleeping at the dev. department? HELLO!!!

ahem…

you don’t see the beta firmware thread ??