Mojo for the SMP. (Updated 9-29-12)

Help

I am new to SMP.

I followed the steps to set-up Thumbgen in every detail, checka and re-check. Thumbgen still could not deliver the thumbs and moviesheet. This is what I get:

I chose TheMovieDB.org and under “Movie Info” has exactly ehat the tutorial teach.

Pls help.

relaxjack wrote:

Help

I am new to SMP.

I followed the steps to set-up Thumbgen in every detail, checka and re-check. Thumbgen still could not deliver the thumbs and moviesheet. This is what I get:

I chose TheMovieDB.org and under “Movie Info” has exactly ehat the tutorial teach.

Pls help.

It’s a problem with Thumbgen.

Nobody can get moviesheets etc until an update.

Cheers

relaxjack, go to this link and download the file:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/316dbzxt1u0a6r7/Latest_ThumbGen.rar

It is a 126mb download and is the latest fully setup version of Thumbgen, preset and everything.

This exact version is working perfectly for me.  When you want to get movie sheets for TV shows select the profile “Updated TV Shows Profile”.  For movie sheets for Movies select the profile “Movies Orig”.

When you go to run the program just double click on Thumbgen.exe.  It takes around 30 seconds or so to fire up so be patient.

All the settings, the profiles etc are already done for you!

Thank you so much for the latest Thumbgen rar and set up—AWESOME!   Now, any idea on how  you set “everything” up to do music?

Thanks all for help.

TMDB does not work and hence cannot get metadata. Or is it only me?

relaxjack wrote:

Thanks all for help.

Sorry mate, using the stuff you downloaded I just did covers etc for Downton Abbey and By Any Means, 2 UK TV shows!  All worked perfectly!

relaxjack wrote:

Thanks all for help.

I think it still works for TV shows, but not Movies.

Cheers

ritaben wrote:

relaxjack wrote:

Thanks all for help.

I think it still works for TV shows, but not Movies.

Cheers

“TV Shows” still work because the TVDB didnt change API

Neither Thumbgen 1.3.2.0 or 1.3.8.3 is creating any MOVIE information.  1.3.2.0 was working fine until today when I tried it and nothing (9-24-13).  Will someone post when its WORKING please.

Sorry, I meant Thumbgen 1.3.5.2 not 1.3.2.0.

Taken from the ThumbGen Forum, this was written by the creator of ThumbGen and was posted a few days ago.:

I am sorry for the delay but I am far away from home until the end of this week. Therefore expect a tmdb collector fix towards this weekend.

Every now and again, open the latest version of ThumbGen and click on the “File” tab.  Now click on ‘Check For Updates’ and when available you can download the most recent version.

Another suggestion also from the same Forum (available via the ThumbGen website, click on “Support” and then Forum).

just go to http://www.themoviedb.org directly download the fanart u want and manually add them in thumbgen :) take like 2 min more for each movie :)

Use the method listed above (File, Check For Updates) and download the latest version updated recently. 

Now 1.3.9.0 is available and fixes the movie download sheet problems.

It is also available for download from the ThumbGen website.

Is there anyway to increase the speed of the background movie sheet load speed? It seems to go from default to black then movie sheet ~ 2 sec or so.

Btw thanks @Tinwarble for the excellent documentation and theme.

The only way to change the duration is in the Photos / Slideshow settings.  The backdrops use the same settings.

It’s the initial load I am trying to speed up.

Could I get a little help here? I know I’m missing something small but I can’t quite get it figured out.

For some reason I’m no longer getting the mirrored lower image. This only pertains to the cover images everything else is generating fine.

When I generate the images for my movies both th X_cover.jpg and X.jpg are coming up as plain square 200x300 .jpg images. Previously the X.jpg would come up as a 192x369 .jpg with the mirroring below.

When The Movie DB made it’s change awhile back, I though something had gone wrong and started tinkering with settings but I failed to take snapshots or write down how the settings were prior to my messing with them, and now I can’t figure out how to get it back to how it was.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Well, I tried starting everything over from scratch. I deleted (moved to another HDD) my old Thumbgen folder and re-downloaded, unzipped and placed all the templates in the template folder again. though I’m still getting the same results. Everything is correct (display wise) aside from the coverbox, (or is it thumbnail, extra thumbnail). One thing I did notice when checking on my SMP is when I hit play on a movie, it briefly shows the coverbox (with the mirrored image) only slightly out of the themes designed frame.

I tried to post screenshots of my settings, but the character limit was exceeded.

I finally got it working again. It’s not exactly the same as I had it before, but it does work. The only thing still stumping me is I now have three tabs in the movie sheet editor where before I only had two to bother with. Previously I only had the main sheet tab, and IIRC the spare sheet; now I have those as well as the extra sheet tab. Not prefferable for me, but it will work.

2 questions…

I know Mojo Theme Download  is the main theme. I just place the .zip in browse and click submit to install.

But what do I do with the  Thumbgen Cover Box Template Download , Mojo Glass Moviesheet 1 & Mojo Glass Moviesheet 2, d o I submit those too?

Last question, is a there a list of themes compatible with SMP? I only found the Mojo theme and Dark theme.

Thumbgen “Templates” are for your PC

Try Reading the Tutorial … 

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-SMP-Discussions/Mojo-for-the-SMP-Updated-9-29-12/td-p/287022

Click … “HERE” and go to page 4  (Quote below from Page 1)

Fourth, if you get stuck, follow the tutorial HERE. (Thumbgen Tutorial Updated 6-26-12)