MBL Private Share - No Access with Correct Credentials

Hi all,

I have had this problem for a long time now and I just switched my private shares to public for months now just so I could access them.

Now I have a share called “Local” and when I have a user name and password set to it, no matter how many time I input that user name and password into dialog box which pops up in windows 7 when accessing the share, it keeps asking me.

I try creating a new user and password for that share and still won’t be able to log onto the private share. I tried creating a user without a password, that didn’t work either. The Admin user and password won’t work either.

I rememver finding a post on the internet about someone having this same exact problem and it had to do with a user database file or something that had been corrupted…and they had to enable SSH and and believe they had to delete a file so MBL could create a new one and it worked…but I can’t seem to find that post and not sure what forum it was on.

Any help would be great!

Thanks

When the shares are change to public no credentials should be requested.

Make sure to disconnect all private and public shares ( remove map drive )

Double check the share settings on the Dashboard to make sure full access is granted.

I understand that…I only changed it to public so I COULD access the share without credentials. The problem is I want to need credentials but no matter what user and password I create and use, I can never log into the share successfully.

Reinstall the lastest firmware. That should overwrite any problem files you have. Did you install any hacks on the MBL in the past?  If so, the firmware install will overwrite them.

Download the lastest firmware from WD website with your PC. Then use the MBL Dashboard interface to upload the firmware to the MBL and install it.

I haven’t performed any hacks on it at all. I’ll give the firmware a try

Firmware is already updated to latest. I can’t seem to find a download link to do a reinstall of current firmware.

What is the difference between Quick and Full factory restore options? Do I need to backup everything from the drive for both of those options?

Do not do a factory restore, you will lose all your data.  All you need to do is find the latest firmware file from WD. I know it exists because i did simliar with my MBL Duo one month ago.  You are going to have to look for it then download it to your PC. Then update the firmware manually via the dashboard.  It doesn’t matter if dashboard says your firmware is up to date, you need to overwrite the old firmware just as a precaution to get your MBL back to a base state.

MBL driver here