MBL NAS not playing all files on Samsung Smart TV

Im trying to play various Mp4 files from my NAS onto my samsung smart tv, however not all of them play.

I believe the issue is with the TWONKY software i have running on there which is TWONKY 5.1.9 I also believe that updating this will solve my problems.

My question is how do you go about updating this and is it safe to do so?

I had the same issues playing MP4s on my Samsung Blu-Ray player and Samsung 46" LCD TV.

I did find that updgrading to the newest Twonky Server (7.2.1) made MP4s play properly.

There is an excellent guide how to do the upgrade here > How to upgrade Twonky Server on WD MyBook Live

However, you will have to spend ~$20.00 of your own money to purchase this upgrade and there is always

the chance that you will have problems with your MyBookLive afterwards  (search the forums).

It might be a pain, but I have found that the MyBookLive seems more receptive to upgrades/changes/etc.

after a “Quick Factory Restore”…this means starting over and adding in your files again.

its a real pain this, tempted to just get a WD media player but i was hoping to reduce the number of things under the TV unit not increase it! plus i have a smasung smart tv upstairs also which i was hoping to play files on via NAS.

will take a look at the guide I think amd give it a go.

this WD MBL is turning into a brick, originally bought for Time Machine back ups, which I had to abondan that plan as it was so chronicallys low it was unusable. It now appears it has problems streaming video.