I updated to new Firmware

I updated to the new Firmware by going through my Dashboard. The amount of time for download, install and reboot was around 25 minutes and then it took about 15 more minutes for the Content Scan to complete. See image below.

My only problem was when I looked at SmartWare it was not showing My Cloud as a back up target and WD My Cloud was not showing in Quick View. A second reboot of my My Cloud corrected this.

Posted by,
cat0w (USA)

I updated the drive too.  But for some reason the update deleted my Backup Safepoint.  Does anyone know how to get a SafePoint back without having to reformat the backup drive and go through the very loooooong backup process?  I have a 4 GB Cloud drive and backup drive.  2 GB of data.

Bruce_W wrote:

I updated the drive too.  But for some reason the update deleted my Backup Safepoint.  Does anyone know how to get a SafePoint back without having to reformat the backup drive and go through the very loooooong backup process?  I have a 4 GB Cloud drive and backup drive.  2 GB of data.

I would assume (and I have no history to back this up…)  … that as long as you re-create the safepoint with the exact same settings, it won’t have to completely do a new backup.