I am pulling BLACK MAMBA

Thanks DeVicious, I think I’m just to lazy to use thumbgen

Cheers

ritaben wrote:

Thanks DeVicious, I think I’m just to lazy to use thumbgen

Cheers

Thumgen is so easy and so quick, you can even run it automatically all over your files, you don’t even have to be on the computer :slight_smile: You just need to set it up once and my screenshots should get the job done in 3 minutes.

HI DeVicious so i finally tried out your moviesheet but as is i cant get em to work ! on the main tv sheet the big one i dont get the coverbox? and i dont know what i am doing wrong and eas wondering is the time on the little cover always 41 min since thats what it writes but in the meta info it says 45 ? 

opps completely forgot i have a request if it is not to difficult i use thumbnails for episode posters and in some wievs like gallery they are strected to match folder seize would this be possible for other wievs too ? 

Ho ok! But the folder view is sad… the grid view with reflection is so beautiful… that was a pity :wink:

For information, that was a little problem with the folder view, if you are on the top movie or music of a page and press “up” button, the focus go on the “yellow/red/etc” button that not exits. That was not very serious but we have to press “left” button to go to the previous page, up don’t work

ztrust wrote:

HI DeVicious so i finally tried out your moviesheet but as is i cant get em to work ! on the main tv sheet the big one i dont get the coverbox?

You need to copy the “common” folder into Thumbgen Templates. In order to get the cover the filename needs to refer to the source (check the private message, I have explained it there already)

ztrust wrote:

and i dont know what i am doing wrong and eas wondering is the time on the little cover always 41 min since thats what it writes but in the meta info it says 45 ? 

The runtime in the metadata is the total air time (including commercials) this info comes from IMDB, the time you see on the sheet is the netto time of the file, if it is 41:38 minites it will show 41

opps completely forgot i have a request if it is not to difficult i use thumbnails for episode posters and in some wievs like gallery they are strected to match folder seize would this be possible for other wievs too ? 

that one i don’t understand… thumbnails have all the same aspect ratio in all views regardless if movie or tv show or folders, if the thumbnails been generated prior to using my theme this is just a side effect of inproper dimensions. You may want to elaborate this a little more :smiley:

one more things as I don’t know if you read this part on the front page of this thread, when you make movie thumbnails there is a mistake in the screenshot settings…

• IMPORTANT: In thumbgen movie sheets tab for movies change the extra sheet to “Movie Thumb - Black Mamba by DeVicious”

doudidou wrote:

For information, that was a little problem with the folder view, if you are on the top movie or music of a page and press “up” button, the focus go on the “yellow/red/etc” button that not exits. That was not very serious but we have to press “left” button to go to the previous page, up don’t work

not sure I understand that :flushed:

Hey again you sure are fast to answer :smiley:

First thing i have commen folder in C:\Thumbgen\Templates\Common this should be correct? - and i do get the templates but its the hddvd cover i dont get ( the one from your screen) 

and regarding the thums ill try to clear all data and see if that helps ! 

its very cool your so active here thank you :heart:

ztrust wrote:

Hey again you sure are fast to answer :smiley:

First thing i have commen folder in C:\Thumbgen\Templates\Common this should be correct? - and i do get the templates but its the hddvd cover i dont get ( the one from your screen) 

and regarding the thums ill try to clear all data and see if that helps ! 

its very cool your so active here thank you :heart:

excuse my giggles :laughing:

HDDVD???

Please post the exact filename here.

The path for the common folder is correct or it wouldn’t show any cover

Thanx

Hi DeV,

Im just reading through your Thumbgen Step by Step guide.

"Our Mission is to create 2 ThumbGen profiles

1 Profile for Movies and 1 Profiles for Tv Shows.
We first create the Movie Profile and base the TV Show Profile on these settings

STEP 1
install the 2 fonts in this folder"

Im stuck at step 1:   Install the 2 fonts in WHICH folder??  Are you talking about the Movie Sheet folder and the TV Sheet Folder that youve already prepared under Templates??  Because i see they have the fonts in them already.   If thats the case do i just move straight to step 2 without doing anything for step 1 because youve done it already?

Thanks  so much again

Hey Devicious

I’ve been trying my hand at editing a few xml  files to tinker with your theme to suit my preferences.  The more time I spend on it the more I realise how much work goes into these themes - especially one as detailed as yours.  So i appreciate the effort you’ve gone to.

A quick question:

1.  In several of the views in the top left hand corner there’s the text “Internal storage Video Folders”.  I want to get rid of this text and replace it with the name/title of the selected movie/file as I scroll through - Particularly for the 7x2 view where I want to get rid of the movie titles above the thumbnails.  Are you able to point me to the appropriate xmls to do this?

Thanks

Dave

Hey BigRoo

I think he means install the fonts to your OS.  In windows 7 I just right click on the font file and select install.

Cheers

Dave

1 Like

Rubicon99 wrote:

Hey BigRoo

I think he means install the fonts to your OS.  In windows 7 I just right click on the font file and select install.

Cheers

Dave

Oh!!  Ok, and that worked for you with your movie sheets?

Thanks Dave

BigRoo wrote:

STEP 1

BigRoo, you install the fonts into  your OS… so for example if you are on Windows 7, you can just doube click on each font and it will install.

XP i think you can double click (it been a while) or you can just go to Control Panel and there should be a FONT program.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

Kazgor wrote:

BigRoo wrote:

STEP 1

BigRoo, you install the fonts into  your OS… so for example if you are on Windows 7, you can just doube click on each font and it will install.

XP i think you can double click (it been a while) or you can just go to Control Panel and there should be a FONT program.

Hope that helps.

thanks Kaz,

Rubi also told me the same thing.  I havent used thumbgen before so i’m a virgin at all this.  I have the SMP and also the WDTV HD Live Media player so ive always just made a folder and put the movie in that and then downloaded an image of the box cover, renamed as folder.jpg and I’m done.  This is a little more indepth but im going to give it a try.

I gave you Kudos for your help also mate.

BigRoo

Yep, moviesheets worked well - my first time as well.  I’m actually in the middle of tinkering with the template xml file.  For some of my movies there’s only one fanart image (screenshot), so it’s repeated three times in that box to the right.  I’m changing it up so that the movie poster sits in that box and all the file specs like codecs will go where the poster currently sits.

Well that’s the plan anyway!

1 Like

Rubicon99 wrote:

BigRoo

Yep, moviesheets worked well - my first time as well.  I’m actually in the middle of tinkering with the template xml file.  For some of my movies there’s only one fanart image (screenshot), so it’s repeated three times in that box to the right.  I’m changing it up so that the movie poster sits in that box and all the file specs like codecs will go where the poster currently sits.

Well that’s the plan anyway!

sounds good rubi,

let us know how you go with that.

can you tell me something : In the set up of Thumbgen,  DeV  has a pic (in the Thumbgen templates and instructions folder) of the Options /General Tab/ under Generate on the right hand side he has circled the box - Extra Thumbnail - and he wrote : Creates folder thumb - activate if needed"

This box is unchecked - where exactly would this folder thumb go if its checked - and why wouldnt you check it? As i assume this is the box cover of the movie , is that right?

Cheers

hi Dev 

excuse my giggles 

HDDVD???

by this i mean the hdtv cover art in the left side of the information area ! 

but just tryed with movies too and i dont get cover art there either ? 

and im not sure wich filename you want?

ok never mind looks like a second round of doing the settings worked :wink:

ztrust wrote:

hi Dev 

excuse my giggles 

HDDVD???

by this i mean the hdtv cover art in the left side of the information area ! 

but just tryed with movies too and i dont get cover art there either ? 

and im not sure wich filename you want?

This is just the filename of the movie it self… based on certain keywords it will be the appropriate BOX art to go over the your cover.

eg… 

Source Code - dvdrip.avi   - would give you the DVD box

Source Code - BDRip.mkv - would get you the BluRay box.

The BigBang Theory - hdtv - lol.avi - would give you the HD TV box.

They box art are located in Thumbgen\Templates\Common\Boxes

They box art are decided by the Template.slt file (in Movie Sheet & TV Sheet template folder)

Looking at this now, i would love a x264 (SD) and x264 (HD) box art as more shows are coming out in this format

instead of HDTV.  - Never mind the Media Flag technical give this info.

BigRoo wrote:> STEP 1

Im stuck at step 1: 

:smileyvery-happy:

double click the fonts in order to install under windows, your system needs the fonts to create the movie sheets

1 Like

DeVicious wrote:

BigRoo wrote:> STEP 1

Im stuck at step 1: 

:smileyvery-happy:

double click the fonts in order to install under windows, your system needs the fonts to create the movie sheets

thanks Dev,  a couple of the guys helped me out with this a little while ago.  Ive set up thumbgen, and run it on 2 different movies and put them in a “TEST Folder”.  When i go into the TEST Folder on my HDD i can see the movie file along with the images and Movie Sheet.

But when i go to the TV and select this folder in Gallery view the Movie Sheet doesnt display. I only get the box cover and nothing else. 

p.s. this is for the SMP so I’m not sure if you can help me on it, but if anyone else here that has the SMP can then id be really greatful.

Thanks