I am pulling BLACK MAMBA

Hi Dev

I just sent you a PM.

Could you please have a read and let me know what you think

Thanks mate

Hi,

Iā€™m french, so sorry for my bad english, i will try to write the most correctly i can!

I have a WD TV Live ā€œSMPā€ since 1 month. I put your theme ā€œBlack Mambaā€ and i use ThumbGen to generate xml and jpg like your procedure.

This theme is beautifull (reflection is very great) and work very weell, i have just some littles problems:

Video:

• The Tv show are displayed by the episodeā€™s name, not by # Ā  ā†’ That was ok, i read that i have to disable the library. Ā 

• The background which displayed the movie info in the gallery view take some time to appear, and it displayed alternatively the movie info and the movie picture (slide show) ā†’ I read that itā€™s normal for the time to display, but i donā€™t understand why i have a slide show between the movie info and the movie picture

Music:

• For every album i have a folder with the mp3 and a %folder_name%.jpg, but the picture is not displayed on the music gallery. ā†’ I donā€™t found anything about that. I have to put each picture on the mp3 tag? Or naming the jpg differently?

I know that you havenā€™t got a SMP, and your theme is for ā€œHUBā€, but it was very beautifull and i like to use it on my ā€œSMPā€ :slight_smile:

Thanks youĀ 

Louis

Hi Dou,

I also have the SMP.

Im having similar issues with the movie info not displaying unless i select options and go into view info. I only get backdrop slide show. Ā 

If i finfd out how to sort that out iā€™ll let you know.

Dev probably wont be able to answer due to not having an SMP as you mentioned.

If you work it out can you let me know too please

doudidou wrote:

Hi,

Iā€™m french, so sorry for my bad english, i will try to write the most correctly i can!

I understand your english just fine :smiley:

This theme is beautifull (reflection is very great) and work very weell, i have just some littles problems:

Video:

• The Tv show are displayed by the episodeā€™s name, not by #   ā†’ That was ok, i read that i have to disable the library.  
  • The background which displayed the movie info in the gallery view take some time to appear, and it displayed alternatively the movie info and the movie picture (slide show) ā†’ I read that itā€™s normal for the time to display, but i donā€™t understand why i have a slide show between the movie info and the movie picture

Thatā€™s because Western Digital made the firmware this way, there is nothing anyone can do without loosing 60%-70% of the backdrop quality (i tried and others did too) Western Digital decided to display the backdrops (movie sheets) through the photo gallery slide show function. CĀ“est la vie :smileyvery-happy:

Music:

• For every album i have a folder with the mp3 and a %folder_name%.jpg, but the picture is not displayed on the music gallery. ā†’ I donā€™t found anything about that. I have to put each picture on the mp3 tag? Or naming the jpg differently?

Thanks you 

Louis

You need a folder.jpg for each folder that doesnā€™t show a cover not a foldername,jpg

This works in network share or on your local LiveHub/SMP Hard Drive or external hard drives connected to your device.

It doesnā€™t work with windows media share.

I am not sure how your mp3 files are tagged, I am actually an ā€œApple **bleep**ā€ and i tagged all my files in iTunes.

Basically what happens if you have tagged your mp3 files with covers already is that it shows a cover for the album but no for the artist (to level folder). Fellow board contributor Drizzt09 has found THIS PROGRAM which is absolutely amazing, it letā€™s you do a couple of things but if all you need is a folder.jpg you can extract them from the mp3 files.

You can also use it to overwrite your ID3 tags or to update your covers to 500x500 versions.

If you already have the folder files just rename them and youā€™re good to go :smiley:

• The background which displayed the movie info in the gallery view take some time to appear, and it displayed alternatively the movie info and the movie picture (slide show)

The movie info is hardcoded in the movie sheets for that matter you can only use my sheets or those that have the info embedded in the jpg file. However in the next update (tonight/tomorrow morning) I have added the movie title (or filename if no xml file generated) for those who have no cover art or movie sheets and for those who are compulsive about the speed or the lack of reading material during the seconds the backdrop loading sequence :heart:

as you can see it will display the title (or filename) in the small dark box in the middle for each selected cover.

BigRoo wrote:

Im having similar issues with the movie info not displaying unless i select options and go into view info. I only get backdrop slide show.  

The answer is in my post above. There is no info to display since it is all embedded in the movie sheet. You can stop looking :laughing:

DEVā€¦ that screenshot looks aceā€¦Ā 

Only time i wont have any moviesheet or logoā€™s will be in my TV-Just-in folder, which is where i just copy

todays shows too so i can watch them on the TV without the PC needing to be on. (some shows get deleted once iā€™ve watched them)

Anychance you can do that Title Bar on the other layoutsā€¦eg VIDEO LARGE GRID,

Also in PREVIEW MODE, the text on the right FILE TYPE, FILESIZE Ā isnā€™t really of much use, are you able to show the TITLE there instead? and maybe RATING?

On my i dont have the Weather showing up next to the Clock, it is just blank (is that on a Ā todo list?)

inĀ Ā VIDEO LIST VIEW (even in your screenshot) the STARS are all blankā€¦ is that a todo list?

Thanks You!

** Edit **

any chance you could maybe do a new GENRE THUMBS for Animation with a different image, with say either from Toy Story / Barbie / Puss in Bootsā€¦ i dont know what it is about the image you usedā€¦ but it scares me and its more suitable for horrorā€¦ lol!!Ā 

I dont have Photoshop to do it myself :(Ā 

Kazgor

the large video grid stays as it is, i will do (have done it) for the other pages. I created this theme for myself and I am happy to share and help but at some point itā€™s appropriate to say ā€œnoā€. This is why it is open source and people can do their own mods.

I will do 4 missing genre thumbs Blu Ray, DVD, Downloads and Kids Movies, i am not changing them, I provided the phtoshop file and if you canā€™t do it yourself I am sure a friend might be able to.Ā 

This is the face that is scaring you :smiley:Ā 

So please understand the premise why I am doing a theme, I donā€™t get payed, I am not doing it for recognition, not for fame I am doing it for my private pleasure, letā€™s keep it pleasant.

DEV, totally understandā€¦ just figured you were making some tweaks so thought iā€™d highlight a few areas that just give that last bit of polish.

Also had a quick play with TG Designer so im fine to make those mods i want, I wont learn anything without trying so its nice you done all the hard work and we can all come along and ticker around the edges.

yes JACK JACK is a scare faceā€¦lolā€¦Ā 

** Edit ** quick question

in rv_preview_browse_page.xml why canā€™t i find the image being referenced?Ā image/Preview/video_listview_divide_short.png

i am try to figure out the following lineā€¦

i have notice this in a couple other xml filesā€¦ so what bit confused if the file really doesnā€™t exist why mention it.

presume i picked the right file to look at for the Video Preview?

Kazgor wrote:

** Edit ** quick question

in rv_preview_browse_page.xml why canā€™t i find the image being referenced? image/Preview/video_listview_divide_short.png

i am try to figure out the following lineā€¦

i have notice this in a couple other xml filesā€¦ so what bit confused if the file really doesnā€™t exist why mention it.

presume i picked the right file to look at for the Video Preview?

I am not exactly sure what the question is.

1. when a image file is not listed in the theme it doesnā€™t mean it is not there, some images are standardized and if not applicable in the theme replaced by original OSD images.

2. itā€™s not the video preview it is a seperation line that appears in the video description on the right hand side

the video preview is in this wrapper

<image image=ā€œ@@preview_rect_imageā€ default_image=ā€œ@@default_preview_rect_imageā€ x=ā€œ902ā€ y=ā€œ198ā€ w=ā€œ312ā€ h=ā€œ209ā€ textcolor=ā€œ@@preview_rect_colorā€ keycolor=ā€œ1ā€ ignore_keycolor=ā€œ1ā€ />

oopsā€¦ looks like my edit delete the bit was wonderingā€¦

How do you get the video title on the currenly selected Thumbnail.Ā 

@@duration_2 will give you the movie length but only for the second thumbnailā€¦ so in your video preview mode, the time never changes.Ā 

but @@filesize Ā (with no _number) does give the right filesize for which ever thumbnail is on.

so is there a @@ for filename Ā i tried it but nothing showed up, andĀ @@description does do much either.

so basically i want to put the current selected movie (title or filename) into the box on the right (where the filesize is), but dont know the correct @@ to use (if one even exists)

do have to do it for meā€¦ just if you knw the @@, if it more involved then just say so and i wont ask.

thanks.

Hi BigRoo, have played with BM theme and think I have got the info to display as you wanted.> Will give you a pm on whirlpool forum later> Cheers> BigRoo wrote:> Hi Dou,

I also have the SMP.

Im having similar issues with the movie info not displaying unless i select options and go into view info. I only get backdrop slide show.  

If i finfd out how to sort that out iā€™ll let you know.

Dev probably wont be able to answer due to not having an SMP as you mentioned.

If you work it out can you let me know too please

1 Like

ritaben wrote:

Hi BigRoo, have played with BM theme and think I have got the info to display as you wanted.> Will give you a pm on whirlpool forum later> Cheers> Thanks ritaben iā€™ll chat with you there. Dont leave me in suspense too long!! :P> Youā€™re a star

@BigRoo

Good, If I found a solution i will share it with you :wink: Donā€™t forget me if you have some ideas :smiley_cat:

@DeVicious

Your next update is a good idea! I fix all my problem with disabling the library (music folder apprear correctly, and TV Show are in correct order ! :slight_smile: I wish a next firmare update fix the backdrop displayingā€¦ we have to wait & see :slight_smile:

I have a suggestion for music displaying, how do you think about a view with 2 lines like video? I suggest that because i have at least 600 mp3 album!

Anyway, you have making a very beautiful theme, love it!

Good night (in France ;))

Kazgor wrote:

oopsā€¦ looks like my edit delete the bit was wonderingā€¦

How do you get the video title on the currenly selected Thumbnail. 

@@duration_2 will give you the movie length but only for the second thumbnailā€¦ so in your video preview mode, the time never changes. 

but @@filesize  (with no _number) does give the right filesize for which ever thumbnail is on.

so is there a @@ for filename  i tried it but nothing showed up, and @@description does do much either.

so basically i want to put the current selected movie (title or filename) into the box on the right (where the filesize is), but dont know the correct @@ to use (if one even exists)

do have to do it for meā€¦ just if you knw the @@, if it more involved then just say so and i wont ask.

thanks.

Since you are doing this for files in particular where you havenā€™t created any movie sheets i am going to answer in that context and you will say ā€œoh yeah she is rightā€ (and yes i am girl)

You cannot get the title of the movie because the live hub isnā€™t psychic. I am not sure if the build in scraper would fetch it, i have never tried it and i am not interested in this at all because it doesnā€™t work with library mode turned off you are on your own on this one.

Youā€™re right the duration_2 is only showing the time for the thumbnail_2,it was a quick fix because it was showing nothing before (i was hoping nobody will notice till i update, lol)

I would think it works with @@duration but it doesnā€™t with library mode off @@runtime doesnā€™t work either for that matter it canā€™t be done with library off and thatā€™s where I loose interest. try @@totaltime maybe this works

I am curently completely redoing the preview page but not in the way you want it. Youā€™ll need covers for it but it looks smoking.

Sorry Kazgor I canā€™t help you with what you are trying to do about those 3 little fields.

You may have noticed that i kept the original filename display in the code and hide them behind the thumbnails, if you want to be able to use this page text based you need to bring the x & y coordinates in order and add the missing 6 entries for that, how to number them should be self explanatory

ritaben wrote:

Hi BigRoo, have played with BM theme and think I have got the info to display as you wanted.> * * *

if you activate the movie info from the xml it will overlay the text on the sheets, I wouldnā€™t do that at all. Wait for the update tomorrow and see if that helps

I have a suggestion for music displaying, how do you think about a view with 2 lines like video? I suggest that because i have at least 600 mp3 album!

Anyway, you have making a very beautiful theme, love it!

Good night (in France ;))

the music grid page is more a beatuy contest as a useful page

if you have tons of folders to browse you should use the list view (yellow button)

I wonā€™t change the look of it.

1 Like

DeVicious, I thought the link below might save you some hassles with us SMP guys. It is a link to a Black Mamba topic page I started on SMP forum

It is your theme with a modification to show info from movie xml files in gallery view.

Thank you for all your GREAT work

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Discussions/Is-there-a-Step-by-Step-guide-to-adding-Theme-on-SMP/m-p/379659#M7165

ritaben wrote:

DeVicious, I thought the link below might save you some hassles with us SMP guys. It is a link to a Black Mamba topic page I started on SMP forum

It is your theme with a modification to show info from movie xml files in gallery view.

Thank you for all your GREAT work

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Discussions/Is-there-a-Step-by-Step-guide-to-adding-Theme-on-SMP/m-p/379659#M7165

that is actually not the part of the theme where it is supposed to display moviesheets this is the large video grid page, you want the gallery view page for the movie information. Donā€™t know about your device but we have a yellow button to toggle the different views, i am sure there is a way to do that

DeVicious wrote:

that is actually not the part of the theme where it is supposed to display moviesheets this is the large video grid page, you want the gallery view page for the movie information. Donā€™t know about your device but we have a yellow button to toggle the different views, i am sure there is a way to do that

Hi DeVicious, Iā€™m not sure what a movie sheet is, is that generated by thumbgen? which I donā€™t use. I only use the get info in the Options button on the SMP.

All I am displaying is the info contained in the xml file for each movie like some of the other themes do and my Browser Display in preferences shows  Iā€™m in gallery view

I apologise if I have caused any offence to you

Cheers

ritaben wrote:

DeVicious wrote:

Hi DeVicious, Iā€™m not sure what a movie sheet is, is that generated by thumbgen? which I donā€™t use. I only use the get info in the Options button on the SMP.

All I am displaying is the info contained in the xml file for each movie like some of the other themes do and my Browser Display in preferences shows  Iā€™m in gallery view

I apologise if I have caused any offence to you

Cheers

no offense taken :smiley:

the page to get the information is supposed to be the gallery page

also thumbgen is a very fine tool to make your ā€œTVā€ life more enjoyable.

The xml files are basically generated for the gallery view and not the one you are referring to.

Of course you could get some basic infos on the page but thatā€™s a bit like using a car to go jogging.

Whatever you do at home is up to you but If I was you and you can modify the heck out of my theme :smiley: but you have it way easier to get what you need if you just use the theme as it is intended.

Try my demo folders in gallery mode and see for yourself

1 Like