I am pulling BLACK MAMBA

@ Jaydee

detecting movies based on folder names only makes sense when you have each movie in it’s own folder otherwise it will check based on the movie name which makes more sense.

No you cannot configure Thumbgen to automatically select 3 different covers, it is a lottery, use Semi automatic mode, takes more time but looks better (always)

The sorting order is the result of the media library, the media library is a broken feature that makes no sense on any level.

I said that aproximately 60 times in this thread alone… Turn the library off and look if you can deal with it. 9/10 people find it better and faster without this completely moronic and broken library :smileyvery-happy:

blackmetal wrote:

I was wondering if someone could tell me how I would name my files if I wanted the cover to show a divx cover

Ive tried

Dawn of the dead (2004).divx.avi

Dawn of the dead (2004).xvid.avi

the only one that worked was Dawn of the dead (2004).dvdrip.avi but it shows dvd when I want it to say divx or xvid or somewhere along those lines since my movies arent dvds theyre avi

the question is answered in the instructions

dvix or xvid is no source, it is a compression codec

my templates are supporting source covers Bluray, DVD and HDTV (and BD)

If you want the codecs to show on your covers you need to redo the templates

blackmetal wrote:

I was wondering if someone could tell me how I would name my files if I wanted the cover to show a divx cover

Ive tried

Dawn of the dead (2004).divx.avi

Dawn of the dead (2004).xvid.avi

the only one that worked was Dawn of the dead (2004).dvdrip.avi but it shows dvd when I want it to say divx or xvid or somewhere along those lines since my movies arent dvds theyre avi

Download this template.xslt file and put it in the “Templates\Movie2 Thumb ResInfo- Black Mamba by DeVicious” folder where you have Thumbgen installed. Then make sure your movie file name has “divx” somewhere in it. I modified the template.xslt for the cover image to look for that and use the divx1.png cover image from the Common folder.

I hope DeVicious doesn’t mind my small modification, just thought it’d be nice to help out since I love the theme :wink:

DeVicious wrote:

@ Jaydee

detecting movies based on folder names only makes sense when you have each movie in it’s own folder otherwise it will check based on the movie name which makes more sense.

No you cannot configure Thumbgen to automatically select 3 different covers, it is a lottery, use Semi automatic mode, takes more time but looks better (always)

The sorting order is the result of the media library, the media library is a broken feature that makes no sense on any level.

I said that aproximately 60 times in this thread alone… Turn the library off and look if you can deal with it. 9/10 people find it better and faster without this completely moronic and broken library :smileyvery-happy:

Hi DeVicious,

Thanks for the response and info.

If I put my movies in folders then I would have to use folder view to browse on the WDTV right?  In which case I won’t be able to see the moviesheet? (because moviesheets are only shown in Gallery view?)  Or I guess I could still use galler view it’s just the moviesheet would only appear once I go in to each individual movie folder.  That seems kind of pointless though.

That’s too bad about the fan art with ThumbGen, but oh well.  I’ll try semi-automatic mode as you suggest.

The one thing I like about the library is the ability to go to the info screen of the movie and view the trailer.  So I guess I have to choose which I’m willing to live with: moronic library or not being able to see trailers, hehe :slight_smile:

Thanks again!  Love the theme!

Awesome Jaydee :slight_smile:
I don’t mind at all, I appreciate it!!!
One thing less to worry about on my end :slight_smile:

jaydee77ca wrote:

Hi DeVicious,

Thanks for the response and info.

If I put my movies in folders then I would have to use folder view to browse on the WDTV right?  In which case I won’t be able to see the moviesheet? (because moviesheets are only shown in Gallery view?)  Or I guess I could still use galler view it’s just the moviesheet would only appear once I go in to each individual movie folder.  That seems kind of pointless though.

That’s too bad about the fan art with ThumbGen, but oh well.  I’ll try semi-automatic mode as you suggest.

The one thing I like about the library is the ability to go to the info screen of the movie and view the trailer.  So I guess I have to choose which I’m willing to live with: moronic library or not being able to see trailers, hehe :slight_smile:

Thanks again!  Love the theme!

There is no such thing as folder view :slight_smile:

It’s called list view and has nothing to do with the thumbgen option, this is just how thumbgen finds the movie.

Doing it based on file name is fine and yes movie sheets only show in Gallery View.

Watch Trailers on youtube and give your hub some sorting sense. Tv Episodes are sorted alphabetically, not by episode, whoever had this idea is eating rocks for breakfast and and thinks Santa Claus is real. They have now added the wonderful function sort by TV Episode but when you turn that on it won’t find any media :confounded:

I have turned it off out of principle because it makes no sense on so many levels.

The idea to sort by folder and filename has never occured to them. :confounded:

Thanks for another excellent feature! Just when I thought your theme couldn’t get any better you hit another homerun with this TV Season template. It was while I was trying it out on Alcatraz that the idea of processing my genre covers with Thumbgen in order for them to display without being pixellated on the WDTV.  So this update has both directly and indirectly made my system look far better. Many many thanks again!!! :heart:

DeVicious wrote:> my templates are supporting source covers Bluray, DVD and HDTV (and BD)

If you want the codecs to show on your covers you need to redo the templates

Hi DeVicious or jaydee77ca, the question the person asked about xvids/divx reminds me that I have wanted to ask if it is difficult to add an additional source. I have quite a few movies ripped from HD-DVDs (remember those). The folders are usually named: ..720p.HDDVD.x264

At the moment these create thumbnails with the DVD logo case but I would like it to create something like:

Photobucket

Can anyone create the appropriate edits to achieve this? Many thanks in advance!!

HD-DVD? Shall we make one for Sony Walkman too? :laughing:

Maybe Jaydee can help you with this I haven’t had time to look at his token mapiings yet.

DeVicious wrote:

HD-DVD? Shall we make one for Sony Walkman too? :laughing:

How about LaserDisc? :smileyvery-happy:

This template.xslt now has mappings for both HDDVD and DivX.

I just added the following code to the getBoxes() function:

else if (name.indexOf("hddvd") != -1)
{
  path = oTemplatePath + '\\..\\Common\\Boxes\\hddvd.png';
}
else if (name.indexOf("divx") != -1)
{
  path = oTemplatePath + '\\..\\Common\\Boxes\\divx1.png';
}

thanx Jaydee and I was thinking Beta 2000

Thank you so much Jaydee! No need for laserdisc or betamax yet but I know who to ask if I do :smiley: Really fantastic of you to do that for me!!

No problem :slight_smile:

I noticed that in some cases the plot is too long for it to fit in the moviesheet.  I tried selecting Option and then View Info but that screen is kind of hard to read and some of the information is not filled in or is filled in wrong.  I have been playing around with the theme trying to create a nicer View Info page but I just can’t seem to get it to work.  At first I was trying to just make the background of the View Info page all dark so the text is easier to read but since it seemed to also be incorrect I had another idea.  

My other idea was:

1. Use ThumbGen designer to create another moviesheet template that used the entire screen for movie info instead of just the top portion.
  2. Use that template to create a Spare moviesheet for the movies in addition to the main moviesheet.
  3. Modify the View Info page to not show info text but to just display the Spare moviesheet.

Since the View Info screen doesn’t have the movie covers along the bottom the Spare template would have more room and thus could display all of the plot (and perhaps even some additional details).

Is this possible?  I fiddled around and couldn’t seem to figure out how to reference the moviesheet image in the metadata_view_info.xml file.  (That is the right file, correct?)

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Jaydee

I have left the metadata_view_info.xml untouched in version 1.3, for that matter the file is not included.

If you get the original OSD file and looking for the image it is @@movie_metadata_thumbnail

A spare movie sheet won’t do it with this firmware, the info would have to be on the thumbnail file and you have to use different allignements and scale types (scale_type=“pan”) which cause incompatible results between firmwares for the original thumbnail and the “zoomed” thumbnail on top of that it would require to enable media library and this is not going to happen in my release :smiley:

Fact and the matter is that my Hub HDD is packed with movies and there are exactly 7 movies that fill out the entire space and 4 of them are too long as the plot summary is rather short . Because of that I was actually considering reducing the plot area by 25%. In order to get my demo sheets  look more appropriate I hand select user written plots because they are longer as the ones written by the studios.

If you want to do a mod for yourself go ahead, I have adjusted the view info for the next release because it was a bit out balance but I can’t do something crazy with it and don’t really want to.

Good News… we’re having a now playing button and keep the interactive menu :smiley:

I always thought it was that easy but never attempted it since it was said it doesn’t work…

Tinwarble came to me with the idea and ecouraged me and it works just fine… Firmware will show as well when there is an update available.

1 Like

Hi,

Thankx for this splendid work.

I followed all the instructions to configure ThumbGen to have the same thing on this screenshot:

But i have allways this one for all movies:

I tested with Firmware Ver. 2.06.10 and Firmware Ver. 3.01.19

This is my movies folder structure:

Movies

|_The Dark Night

|_folder.jpg

|_The Dark Night.jpg

|_The Dark Night.avi_sheet.jpg

|_The Dark Night.avi

|_The Dark Night.xml

Thank you in advance for you help

Hello Tolrac

you are saying you have no thumbnails at all on bottom of the movie sheet?

Is there anything else displaying on the bottom? i.E. brownish Blurays? (would be Brownrays wouldn’t it? :laughing:)

Are you using a WDTV Live Hub or a different device?

do the covers show when you switch to a different view mode by clicking the yellow button?

Could you use your mobile phone and make a shot from your TV?

Basically what I would do before even answering is to go to the .wd_tv folder and delete the subfolder THUMBS (just for the sake of it and after that you unplug the power chord for a few seconds and restart the device again, this should do the job.

If it still doesn’t work turn off the media library and see if that works, if it does and you insist on using this broken feature (the library) delete your library and turn it back on again.

Let me know

DeVicious wrote:

Good News… we’re having a now playing button and keep the interactive menu :smiley:

I always thought it was that easy but never attempted it since it was said it doesn’t work…

Tinwarble came to me with the idea and ecouraged me and it works just fine… Firmware will show as well when there is an update available.

i will test it in the evening. but i know now it will be the best :slight_smile: i’m so happy

mMcCorner wrote:

DeVicious wrote:

i will test it in the evening. but i know now it will be the best :slight_smile: i’m so happy

you can only test it in the evening if you are hacking my computer, it is not released yet :laughing:

Hey Dev,

I have a question about the gallery view with moviesheet. I was going to post a pic for example but the Galley View sheet a few posts above that has the Dark Knight in it is what i want to ask about so i dont need t post a sample pic.

Is there a way to remove some of the shadow/light effect on the box cover thumb inside the moviesheet and the 3 pics?

On the box cover thumb there is a shadow/light effect that goes right to left and another that goes left to right. It just doesnt look right to me.

Can i reduce or remove this effect to some degree?

Cheers

Rod