I am pulling BLACK MAMBA

@wdtvhub

great I am glad you found a ways to make it work for yourself

the black border is in your thumbnails where you intend to have transparency the hub creates a solid background, that is a firmware thing, if you would revert on an older firmware (2.7…) it would be gone. There was a reason why I made my covers the way I did :wink:

Sorry wdtvhub, you can’t use these kind of covers with this firmware unless you know who to make flash images to overlay the corners or use a dark background to cover them up

1 Like

hey Again :confounded: Dev 

this one is not really theme related but you seem to know what your talking about and normally answer fast so i will try my luck in thumbgen i cant use the semi automic, since its determend to use a specific cover even though i select another one and click use for all files in folder do you have any idea how to fix this ? 

what would i do without you 

ztrust wrote:

hey Again :confounded: Dev 

this one is not really theme related but you seem to know what your talking about and normally answer fast so i will try my luck in thumbgen i cant use the semi automic, since its determend to use a specific cover even though i select another one and click use for all files in folder do you have any idea how to fix this ? 

what would i do without you 

Select the desired cover and hit the green “CHECK” icon underneath the cover and it translates into the sheet / thumbnail

hey dev 

ummm i am doing that but when i go to next file the other cover is chosen again ?

ztrust wrote:

hey dev 

ummm i am doing that but when i go to next file the other cover is chosen again ?

yes sir, Thumbgen is awesome but not perfect.

I have exactly that problem for Shamless Season 2

the default cover is a poor fanart out of proportions so I had to get over each episode in semi automatic mode

Ahhh my bad.

Yes I concur, the covers are bad, to be fair its the order on Tvdb and Tmdb most of the time.

if you don’t want to revert the firmware you might find my covers useful or maybe not :laughing:

I was on about the posters that he was having problems with. The covers are fine, its the pictures that TG puts into them on automatic that could do with tweaking, for some reason Tmdb and TV use foreign ones as first choice sometimes, but thats due to the setup on their site.

As far as firmware goes I use the latest, as the My media library should have been there from the start, shame you cant change the internal and connected drive for pictures, thats about my biggest annoyance nowadays :slight_smile:

wdtvhub wrote:

I was on about the posters that he was having problems with. The covers are fine, its the pictures that TG puts into them on automatic that could do with tweaking, for some reason Tmdb and TV use foreign ones as first choice sometimes, but thats due to the setup on their site.

As far as firmware goes I use the latest, as the My media library should have been there from the start, shame you cant change the internal and connected drive for pictures, thats about my biggest annoyance nowadays :slight_smile:

you can manage the cover selection out,

i used to get a ton of spanish / portuguese covers untill i stopped using weird collectors and reduced the selection to TVDB and TVDB + IMDB

In Thumbgen options / general tab select ENGLISH as your preferred language and you should be never get foreign covers again ( idon’t)

You said your covers are fine…

you won’t be able to get rid off the border with this firmware version, may I ask how you going to solve this?

Mmmm I have it selected to english, but I had 2 or 3 that defaulted to a non english version. Its always done this for me, I just go in again manually and change the poster over.

As far as the theme goes, yeah I’m screwed, I remember having the same issues months ago, I have some glass windows inside the shelf from the common folder to hide it a bit. I was looking for some nice glass bookshelves on Google, but you have to pay for some nice ones, I will keep on digging or try myself.

How do I get rid of the My Media Library/ Videos Folders text in the top left please ?

Edit - a good example of TG and TMDB not working correctly.

Create a dummy file

Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked (2011)

and try and create a set. The first two images in the listings are non-english, yet you go to TMDB site and the image it displays is english…

wdtvhub wrote:

Edit - a good example of TG and TMDB not working correctly.

Create a dummy file

Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked (2011)

and try and create a set. The first two images in the listings are non-english, yet you go to TMDB site and the image it displays is english…

This is called Karma for having this dumb dumb movie :laughing:

On a serious note I get a spanish and french cover as top 2 choices myself…

it is sorted by ratings and thumbgen can’t tell the difference in this particular case because they are all dumped in the same folder (…/t/p/original/…) You cannot blame thumbgen for that, at TMDB probably just didn’t care enough to format the database entry for this horrible movie.

wdtvhub wrote:

As far as the theme goes, yeah I’m screwed, I remember having the same issues months ago, I have some glass windows inside the shelf from the common folder to hide it a bit. I was looking for some nice glass bookshelves on Google, but you have to pay for some nice ones, I will keep on digging or try myself.

How do I get rid of the My Media Library/ Videos Folders text in the top left please ?

give me a few minutes, i show you how to cover that up

any chance you can post me the original background as used in the theme?

Haha blame my kids :slight_smile: It was the same with Godfather II for an age as well…

Wooden Bookshelf

http://postimage.org/image/sv8bwlv13/

Original

http://postimage.org/image/l062697f5/

wdtvhub wrote:

Haha blame my kids :slight_smile: It was the same with Godfather II for an age as well…

Wooden Bookshelf

http://postimage.org/image/sv8bwlv13/

Original

http://postimage.org/image/l062697f5/

the edit was too late I was doing a new backdrop out of your first post

mini instructions are in the file, this should work in theory but i have no way to test it, don’t have a hub here complete blind flight, let me know if it worked :laughing:

DOWNLOAD HERE

edit…

you see on the png file what I did, you can reproduce it in case i am off a few pixels…

1 Like

No you were spot on. Looks great thank you.

Now the selection and screen updatecrawls. You can’t win eh ? :slight_smile:

wdtvhub wrote:

No you were spot on. Looks great thank you.

Now the selection and screen updatecrawls. You can’t win eh ? :slight_smile:

no it was intended, i wanted to go step by step to make it less complicated

about the selection…  move the entire portion with the selection frame underneath the line you just added

…and i have no idea what a screen updatecraw is…!!! can you elaborate please

Sorry you are losing me here…this is the last few lines of rv_video_browse_page.xml

<wrapper w=“320” h=“280"align=“hcenter” scale_type=“fixratio” scale=“100” selected_scale=“100”>
      <image image=”@@frame_5" x=“100”  y=“420” />

<wrapper y=“0” w=“1280” h=“720” align=“hcenter” scale_type=“” scale=“100” selected_scale=“100”>

And the update crawl means when I select the next page by either doing next page or clicking for the next page, there is a delay and the tops of the previous page Bluray covers overlap briefly then update ok. It was the same before I dabbled, but due to it being a bit slower now its more pronounced.

http://s9.postimage.org/kvxg79ntr/WDTVLive_Hub_2012_04_12_12_42_32.jpg

awws okay i call that scrolling or “flippy dee flop”

put the entire part of &  UNDERNEATH the overlay image and it will show on top of the overlay image

1 Like

That is better thank you. :slight_smile:

Is there a way to stop the backdrops displaying ?

I am trying another view, its the one with the covers at the base with a reflection, if the backdrops were not popping up it would be nice and fast ?

the only way is to not setup TG to store them in the movie sheets and don’t even generate them…

but what is the difference if you go for a black screen or a black screen that eventually fills in with valuable info and a decent design? I’d keep it the way it is and things will be exponentially faster with one of the next firmware updates, you would have to do it all over again.

Going to lunch now back in a few hours