I am pulling BLACK MAMBA

I use tagScanner too… this is one of my favourite program :slight_smile:

But, i have no artist picture in my mp3… only the album picture… i have to put one album picture on my artist folder? some artists have 70 albums… i have to choose one for the artist folder?

doudidou wrote:

But, i have no artist picture in my mp3… only the album picture… i have to put one album picture on my artist folder? some artists have 70 albums… i have to choose one for the artist folder?

try putting an an artist picture in the root folder

for example  If you have 5 albums all in their own album folder for Black Eyed Peas all within a main Artist Folder called Black Eyed Peas, place a jpg image in this folder as your artist image.  Then put album images in each seperate album folder.

Artist Folder  has Artist Image

Album Folder has Album image

try that

Hi,

Thanks DeVicious for this really beautiful theme.

However, I have a little problem after generated sheets for my TV series: all episodes are not in the good order anymore but sorted by name (of each episode) - and not by number. So it’s a bit the chaos to find where each episode is… Anyone would know why? Is there an option I forgot to activate in Thumbgen for example?

Thanks !

doudidou wrote:

you obviously can do what you like the best, I have album covers for artist pictures because in many cases I would not recognize the band based on their looks but based on their album. Do whatever makes you feel happy about it. Maybe start with the covers to have something and change them into band photos whenever you have time. Make sure the picture you put in the folder has proper aspect ratios, 300x300 /400x00/ 500x500

You have artists with 70 albums? They must be very old :smileyvery-happy:

DeVicious wrote:

Dont think even the Beatles and Rollingstones added together would have that many!!

ZEST_ wrote:

Hi,

Thanks DeVicious for this really beautiful theme.

However, I have a little problem after generated sheets for my TV series: all episodes are not in the good order anymore but sorted by name (of each episode) - and not by number. So it’s a bit the chaos to find where each episode is… Anyone would know why? Is there an option I forgot to activate in Thumbgen for example?

Thanks !

Hello Zest,

the sorting order for TV shows is messed up by the media library. It is no longer sorting by file names it is sorting by episode names. I am giving you the same advice as anyone else… Turn the media library off because it is logically broken, makes the hub slower and in many cases it makes no sense. The downside of turning it off is you see the actualy file name instead of the episode title displayed, the same goes for mp3 files, it will show you the file name and not the track title but the music will appear in it’s intended order again. You can no longer rate your movies and songs if you turn it off or add it to favorites, if all of that doesn’t bother you just turn it off. I only turn mine on for making snapshots for my releases :slight_smile:

1 Like

BigRoo wrote:

DeVicious wrote:

Dont think even the Beatles and Rollingstones added together would have that many!!

The Rolling Stones released 29 studio albums, 12 live albums, 30 compilation albums…

(lol :smileyvery-happy: that is 42 best of… albums to 29 regular releases, talking about greed in the music industry)

Cool, I’ll try that.

Thanks DeVicious +

DeVicious wrote:

doudidou wrote:

you obviously can do what you like the best, I have album covers for artist pictures because in many cases I would not recognize the band based on their looks but based on their album. Do whatever makes you feel happy about it. Maybe start with the covers to have something and change them into band photos whenever you have time. Make sure the picture you put in the folder has proper aspect ratios, 300x300 /400x00/ 500x500

I have for exemple DJ Tiesto with71 albums (includes live or mix)… he is not very old :smiley:

I made a .bat for select the first album jpg and copy it to the artist folder…

Don’t you find my idea to write the artist name on the center of the “empty cover” automaticaly when there are no cover good? With a good font size and color the result can be good!Maybe it’s possible for the theme to do that?

Thanks to you and BigRoo for your time to answer me :wink:

I’m having a problem with TV Thumbs

Can you have a look at the image below. You will notice is shows Season 1 along the bottom and also down the right hand side.  Can you tell me why I’m getting this in both places please? Your demo thumb doesnt show it this way 

http://i44.tinypic.com/2mouzqs.jpg

This happend when you fixed your font size,

there are 3 ways that lead to this issue

1. you edited the fonts in thumb designer, since they are smaller as the originals you probbaly had to move them and something went over the border of the thumbnail

2. you listened to the person who told you to edit the fonsize in the template which I told you not to do :smiley:

this can mess up everything

1. you did a combination of 1 & 2 which is even messier because when you change the font size and move them a little bit you are changing the x&y coordinates but not the reserved width and height (that’s why i told you not to listen to anyone else but me :confounded:)

long story short

a) you didn’t fix the aspect ratio font, it is too big

b) download and open thumbgen designer and see what is being pushed outside the area of the backdrop image and bring it back in order, if necessary you need to adjust the width or height

but honestly i doubt you’ll be able to fix it that’s why I will upload a version that I believe will work in a few minutes

BIGROO?

i know you would find the answer eventually but did you actually fix it?

doudidou wrote> * * *

Don’t you find my idea to write the artist name on the center of the “empty cover” automaticaly when there are no cover good? With a good font size and color the result can be good!Maybe it’s possible for the theme to do that?

It would do the same for the actual music tracks and I don’t think that would look very good and would be a waste of time to even attempt it. 9 out of 10 people including myself wanted the fonts removed, writing over the covers will most likely look bad because each cover is different and you cannot write randomly over 1000 of images and expect a good result. 

doudidou wrote:

I have for exemple DJ Tiesto with71 albums (includes live or mix)… he is not very old :smiley:

Oh sorry i though we are talking about real music :laughing:

DeVicious wrote:

doudidou wrote> * * *

It would do the same for the actual music tracks and I don’t think that would look very good and would be a waste of time to even attempt it. 9 out of 10 people including myself wanted the fonts removed, writing over the covers will most likely look bad because each cover is different and you cannot write randomly over 1000 of images and expect a good result. 

doudidou wrote:

Oh sorry i though we are talking about real music :laughing:

lol! I listen many styles of music… from classical to hard trance… from death metal to variety… depends my humor :smiley: I play some instruments too :wink:

This was good with the first album picture for artist… i stay like that :slight_smile: You theme is definitly adpoted here!

Did you see the thing that i report lat day? On your home picture, the black woman on left is sometime more transperent than others… in music and home cinema she is more dark than in other menus

doudidou wrote:

Did you see the thing that i report lat day? On your home picture, the black woman on left is sometime more transperent than others… in music and home cinema she is more dark than in other menus

I saw it and answered,

The black head is 20% transparent, it changes with the background image

BUGFIX DOWNLOAD

THIS DOWNLOAD FIXES TEMPLATES DOWNLOADED BEFORE APRIL 7TH
Fixed Tv Sheet Thumbnail
Added Movie Resolution Tag for Cover Art

DeVicious,

Firsty I would like to thank you for creating such a beautiful theme and being so generous in sharing it with us. Your constant updating and improving is truly amazing. A quick question which I hope you can answer. I have been creating some extra genre cover art and used your “! MASTER 4 PHOTOSHOP.psd” file. Afterwards I saved them in jpeg format using the maximum quality setting, On my PC they look great, however, when I see them displayed  through the WDTV they look very pixellated. The file size and resolution are the same as yours and I even tried saving them as .png which were almost 3 times the filesize and they still look pixelated and course. Is there a special way of saving them or a setting I need to use? Thanks again for everything.

ninja168 wrote:

DeVicious,

Firsty I would like to thank you for creating such a beautiful theme and being so generous in sharing it with us. Your constant updating and improving is truly amazing. A quick question which I hope you can answer. I have been creating some extra genre cover art and used your “! MASTER 4 PHOTOSHOP.psd” file. Afterwards I saved them in jpeg format using the maximum quality setting, On my PC they look great, however, when I see them displayed  through the WDTV they look very pixellated. The file size and resolution are the same as yours and I even tried saving them as .png which were almost 3 times the filesize and they still look pixelated and course. Is there a special way of saving them or a setting I need to use? Thanks again for everything.

Hello Ninja, firts of all thanx for the kind words :smiley:

Regarding the genre thumbs I wouldn’t know why they look pixelated.

If you are saving them lossless in png and they still look pixelated the only thing i could think of is that they come out in the wrong dimensions or that something went wrong in the conversion from my graphics program into psd.

Could you please upload me one of your covers so i can inspect it, it is very hard to judge base on assumptions

Thanks for the reply Devicious. Don’t know how to upload the file to you so I have used the mediafire service that I see you use. Here are 3 of the covers:

http://www.mediafire.com/?t129o9zir82j507,234i04e1glv0br1,lbek5jkdxsdxlcs

I eagerly await to hear  what I have done wrong. Thanks!!

ninja168 wrote:

Thanks for the reply Devicious. Don’t know how to upload the file to you so I have used the mediafire service that I see you use. Here are 3 of the covers:

http://www.mediafire.com/?t129o9zir82j507,234i04e1glv0br1,lbek5jkdxsdxlcs

I eagerly await to hear  what I have done wrong. Thanks!!

Got it :smiley:

it is poor quality of the source images you added to the thumbnails, the parts from my file seem normal on my TV.

Try to find pictures with higher resolution (at least 800x600) and resize them within the tumbnail graphic accordingly (gets rid of artefacts) and if you want them to look like mine use an OVERLAY blending effect and they will look the same

Thanks for checking out for me. The curious thing is even your bits look pixellated on my TV and very distinct next to your creations. The pictures I used are high res. Is there a setting I need to choose when saving into jpg? I choose the Maximum quality setting (12) and the bit below, I keep it on Progressive Scan 3. Is that the same as you? 

The difference I find is in windows, when i right click and choose properties then under details, the only difference is my covers have Resolution unit as 2 and Colour Representation is Uncalibrated while yours are blank.