Help! too many problems

Hi,

I have encountered so many problems with MBL.

1st issue: can’t register thru web UI. Error message is " 30500  - Internal Server Error. Please retry your last operation."

I however, registered directly to WD web site.

2nd issue: when I check for the update, I get this error. " 31110  - Unknown error. Please ensure you are not facing network connectivity issues and try again."

3rd issue: try to configure remote access. Mobile access → Get Code, then I get this error. " 30000  - Unknown error. Please ensure you are not facing network connectivity issues and try again. **(save_mobileaccess_403)**"

and for web access account → register, then I get this error " 31602  - The web access account you requested for could not be created. Please make sure your device is registered and you do not have any network connectivity issues and try again."

connectivity status in configure area is Ready.

Can someone tell me how can I solve those issues?

Possibly. How have you configured the IP address for your MBL?  Static or Dynamic?  If you have configured a static IP for your NAS?  If so then is the Gateway set to the same IP address as your router? If not then set it to that.

Also, if the DNS is not set, set it to Google’s public DNS IP address which is:  8.8.8.8
( http://code.google.com/speed/public-dns/ )

If you have the IP set dynamically then it’s a puzzle why your MBL can’t get out to the Internet.

2 Likes

Thank you so much.

I changed from dynamic IP to Static IP and follow your suggestions.

I works fine now.

Thanks again.

You’re welcome, but it is puzzling why your MBL has not picked up the correct parameters from your router. Maybe wotyh for WDTony to get the formware tweakers/developers to have a look at the issue as a bug?

What is the make and model of your router? Do you know the firmware version on your router? What is the firmware version fo the firmware on your MBL?

I have my MBL picking up it’s IP parameters from the router by DHCP and it does work. Than again, I do wonder if this is why a simple reboot seems to kill my access to the Web UI from the local network, but then again SSH works so the MBL must be getting the right IP and other parameters.

Unless it’s something to do with the mechanism that the MBL’s web server uses to prevent connections to it from outside of the local sub-net (wonder why W.D. is keeping so quiet about this?). That the Apache is configured just before the router can provide the IP parameters…   Hmmm…

So many questions and no answers.