HDMI pink screen!

Recently i have bought a Loewe Art 40" TV, when i connect the WDTVLIVE to it I get in most times pink screen.

The HDMI Settings are to AUTO. If I try to change the resolution at WDTVLIVE it sometimes gets down to HDMI(480p) or stays with pink or green screen.

When sometimes it’s working the device sets it’s resolution to 1080p@24Hz wich is what i want (the TV is totally capable to handle it) but it’s a real pain to get it working.

• Which firmware?

1.13.18, 1.15…, 1.16.13

• What happened?

WD TV Live shows pink or green screen in most times and doesn’t set up to 1080p@24Hz"forgets" video resolution settings when disconnected from power source.

• What were you doing?

I disconnected WD TV Live from power, then connected again. I tried two sequences: 1. Turn on TV first, then power WD TV and turn it on. 2. Power WD TV and turn it on, then turn on TV. Both produce the same result, but sometimes it set up correctly.

• Does this happen every time?

Yes (almost)

• What hardware and media were you using?

WD TV Live SMP, Loewe Art 40" 52435W85. TV set is connected via HDMI.

• Did this happen with previous firmware?

Yes

• Does power cycling the unit solve this?

Sometimes.

• Does resetting to factory defaults solve this?

No

• Have you tried this on other devices?

Yes, on different TV an happens the same.

Regards,

If it’s happening on multiple TVs (especially if different make & model and different HDMI cables) I would consider replacing the WDTV.

All of the issues you’re describing come down to a bad HDMI “handshake.”

Pink screen:  Wrong colorspace selected.  

1080p24 (when set to auto):  That’s just wrong.   Your TV should support 1080p60. 

1080p24 is fine when you’re watching movies encoded at 24p, (and using auto framerate matching, it will switch to that automatically) but it slows down the UI terribly to have it set to 24p permanently…

Unfortunately my WD is not under warranty period :cry:

When it is working, if set it up to HDMI(Auto) the UI is configured at 1080p@60Hz and when I play a movie it changes to 1080p@24Hz (auto framerate matching).

I have been searching around the forum and I have found some threads about this issue but no one have a definitive answer/solution, neither Western Digital…

Do you know if it could be a firmware related issue?

Regards,

Jorge1981 wrote:

Do you know if it could be a firmware related issue?

Not really possible to know.   But again, I doubt it’s firmware if it’s happening on a variety of different brands and models.