HDMI not working on WD TV Live Hub

Hello all,

I’ve been browsing thru posts trying to find solution for the problem i’m facing with my WDTV Live hub 1TB.

It has been used without any problem for a year and half on SAMSUNG 37"LE86. Suddenly HDMI output is not working anymore ( not sure if it is connected with Firmware upgrade or using WDTV on another TOSHIBA TV)…I have tried with different cables, did downgrade to 2.06.10 and 2.02.16 but still no success. I can see menu when Composite cable is connected, but no output thru HDMI…when playing videos thru Composite ,there are green dots and stripes all over the screen. I have tried with different  manual video settings, no success…HDMI input on TV is working well as i checked with other devices,HDMI cables are OK since working well with other devices…Have tried to get TV native resolution info with MONITOR ASSET MANAGER as described on one of the posts,but can’t get the file from WDTV Live hub to USB stick…

I’m kindly asking for help from all experience users before I throw the box  overboard…Thanx in advance…

One more thing…even with disconnected HDMI cable and only Composite connected, if I change video output to any manual setting,it always goes back to HDMI Auto ??? 

It sounds like you have taken all the correct steps to try to solve the problem. However, composite video is the “lowest common denominator” and if that does not work, you probably have a bad box. Also, the fact that you cannot manually change the video settings, and the fact that it worked for a long time and then suddenly failed, reinforces the idea that there is a hardware failure in the box. Unfortunately, it does look like you will have to buy something else.