Gallery Moviesheet/Thumbnail Trick

Great theme indeed.

looks great!

just how you do for tv shows to find them with thumbgen i mean everytime i get nothing :l ?

boucher wrote:

looks great!

just how you do for tv shows to find them with thumbgen i mean everytime i get nothing :l ?

For TV shows, make sure that you have ā€œTheTVDB.comā€ selected and only it as the collector.  You also have to make sure that your shows are named correctly.

They should be something like:

folder = Show name

folder= Season

file = Show name E01S01

1 Like

I have done some testing, and find a few oddites.Selected movies pull up 3 sheets(not Related to the movie} then quits. Listening to a song stop it and go to the home button and the WDC reboots

I think it is the processing of the .png files that causes the hub to rebootā€¦

Perhaps it eats up the processor lol

Ps: donā€™t forget to vote for this idea:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/Live-Hub-Ideas/Custom-Moviesheet-support/idi-p/160770

JoeySmyth wrote:

IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT ā€˜LIST VIEWā€™

The Idea was to create a way to have all views with the ā€œONEā€ moviesheet.
This, i achieved with all of the Views  ā€¦ but ā€˜List Viewā€™ is a special case.

In creating a solution, ive created another problemā€¦   List View is ONLY compatible with the Moviesheet.
This means ā€˜Standardā€™ Image dimensions will be totally messed up.

The Reason ? ā€¦  Well, to achieve the Gallery MovieSheet to be used in List View required the image to be

Drawn ā€˜Twiceā€™ā€¦ Once for the ā€˜Topā€™ half and again for the ā€œBottomā€.  And to make things more complicated, the ā€˜Topā€™ half is not the

same Horizontal Resolutionā€¦ so i ā€˜Scaled Itā€™ to match the Bottom Width Dimension.

I did create a Template for Music Covers (or any picture wih Equal Width & Hieght) that can be used in this List View
(Which took a heck of a lot of working outā€¦ lots of scale/aspect/x/y/w/h/crop etc etc)

In Conclusion, the List Mod Worksā€¦ but i totally understand itā€™s most probably not very practicalā€¦ but hey, i tried.
Only other solution is to ditch the List mod, and create Separate Moviesheets for that Viewā€¦ which brings it back to ā€˜Square Oneā€™ for me again.

What would I need to edit in the list view to change it to look like the below image. I will be using list view for music and not for movies so I dont need the movie sheet to look right in list view.[in fact I could do with removing list view entirely for videos but leave it for musicā€¦if possible]

I also do not want to use the TG trick you created for for music as I purposly do not have album art images in my music folders. I embed them into the mp3s using ID3tagging. My music gets used elsewhere besides the hub and would like the files to remain in the same structure.

1. When are you implimenting the home screen icons shown in the beginning of your video here? Thos are kewl looking.

2. I mentioned this one in another post earlierā€¦ Once opening ā€œVideosā€ I have my foldersā€¦ Movies, HD Movies, Exercise, TV Series, Kids Movies, Temp Movies.

Above these folders is a giant image of a folderā€¦ any way to remove this? 

Thanks

It would be great if you could remove list view for movies, as i donā€™t have much use for it.

And like you say Drizz it would be more suited for music!!

but surely it canā€™t be as simple as that!?!..

moving house today, will be gone for a couple of weeks.

bye

how i can get the clock back when browsing video ? i have it at the begining but then it dissapear ;l

Good luck with your move Joeyā€¦im moving in roughly 2 weeks time so know the feeling

you need to edit the xml file for each view style windowā€¦ieĀ  rv_gallery_browse_page.xml

and you need to include the lineĀ Ā Ā Ā  ā€”>>Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā 

I just wanted to register to thank you ALL for creating these custom moviesheets. I just bought my unit 5 days ago and had never heard of metadata, much less ThumbGen.

With some reading, trial & error, and some hair pulling - iā€™ve been able to get all of these to work. The thumbnail for the folder was one of the toughest things to overcome - sillyness.

Thanks again.

Cheers

Drizzt09,

If I may elaborate on your comment on how to view the IMDB and Clock Image (Runtime1.png)., since I struggled with this for about 30 minutes (sad).

This was one of these cases that I was seeing a Rabbit instead of a Duck.

You need to create the folder /Common/Image/(insert files) at the Template level folder. It became easy once I realized that I knew how to open an XML File and looked at the code.

Thank you - looks fantastic!

1 Like

welcome mbyte. I editing my post to include creating the folders if needed. thanks for the help.

hope you enjoy the hub. Its got some issues but it has so much potential. yet it is still fairly new and with WD making new firmware it should be great sometime. This themeing has been some frustrating, time consuming yet so much fun.

Hope you have fun.

Any progress on your previous question (how to add a large pic/moviesheet for folders)? Basically, Iā€™ve gotten everything to work, but for a folder (e.g. Action), the thumbnail appears, but itā€™s just a blank folder icon above it - itā€™d be nice if we could change that.

If you are wanting movie information there it wonā€™t happen as that is a limitation of the hubs firmware. Meta data is only avaialable for movie files. Not folders. I personally just want to remove the giant folder and leave it blank. No I have not heard back as Joey is moving right now. Have to wait.

Darn - non-thumbnail folder image is the next hurdle. Personally, I think itā€™d be nice if we could put up some sort of large image above the thumbnail folder, but a black screen would be sufficent

erm how come i have to put a xml with the video file if i remove it the xml the sheet isnt showā€™n ? :l

hi i am totally new to this i have done everything over and over again i just cannot get the demo sheets to work i have. when i highlight the file i can see a very smal moviesheet in the thumbnail on bottom help me please what am i doing wrong.

by the way great work you are doing thank you