Freezed when playing Netflix

Is there any information about why this is happening??? 

Thanks

I am a newbie to the Live Hub and I have had it for about a week and I have to unplug it 5 out of 5 times watching Netflix Canada.

We’re investigating this issue.

Thanks for the update Guy!!  ;-) 

I have sent some users in this thread a PM for some information to help us investigate.  If you are able to reproduce this issue often, please let me know.

To address my “Fatal Error” issue I did a recommended 3 Stage “Rest” of my WD Hub, and that seems to have fixed this issue as well, but I will report back after a day or two of use/observation  ;-) 

I too am seeing this problem somewhat regularly. I have noticed that after I power cycle the unit, and it is in the process of indexing my 9500 music files, it will freeze if I try to play any Netflix streams. It will however work if I wait until the indexing finishes, which seems to be indicated when the WD logo stops flashing. This freezing only started after the latest firmware update.

My WD never froze until I updated to the latest firmware. Its freezing for me just going through the netflix menus. If I can make it all the way through a netflix title, my TV will report no video signal as soon as the title ends, and the only fix is a reboot. Ater unplugging the unit 6 times last night I finally gave up. Watched the same title on my laptop and experienced no issues.

Netflix froze again on me last night, and I had to pull the power plug to get it to reboot… 

I have 3 WDTV Live Hub’s and I have had the players freeze on every single box I own on numerous occasions. I also have to pull the plug to reset the box and then it plays fine for a while then usually the next movie I play it freezes almost everytime but after I reboot by unpluging the movie finishes with no problem until the next again. This is very annoying since I have to go down to my mother-in-law’s APT downstairs at least 1 a day. I do not know if the problem happens on my WDTV Live plus since I have never tried netflix on it.

Please look into this as it is no small matter since it pretty much makes Netflix worthless like a scratched DVD that skips no matter what you do. I do not know what else to do except not use Netflix but that is one of the main reasons I got the boxes along with the abality to stream any video from my network computers with no problems. These boxes allowed me to completely get rid of Pay TV with the use of PlayOn for Hulu at the moment until WD gets the kinks worked out in the Hulu Plus deal. But we all love our new Set top boxes but the freezing needs to stop or we will have to rethink our investment before it is too late to return them all.:cry:

Thank You and I know you will do everything you can to get an update out that fixes this problem,

Michael and Family

Bigbotz wrote:

I have 3 WDTV Live Hub’s and I have had the players freeze on every single box I own on numerous occasions. I also have to pull the plug to reset the box and then it plays fine for a while then usually the next movie I play it freezes almost everytime but after I reboot by unpluging the movie finishes with no problem until the next again. This is very annoying since I have to go down to my mother-in-law’s APT downstairs at least 1 a day. I do not know if the problem happens on my WDTV Live plus since I have never tried netflix on it.

Please look into this as it is no small matter since it pretty much makes Netflix worthless like a scratched DVD that skips no matter what you do. I do not know what else to do except not use Netflix but that is one of the main reasons I got the boxes along with the abality to stream any video from my network computers with no problems. These boxes allowed me to completely get rid of Pay TV with the use of PlayOn for Hulu at the moment until WD gets the kinks worked out in the Hulu Plus deal. But we all love our new Set top boxes but the freezing needs to stop or we will have to rethink our investment before it is too late to return them all.:cry:

Thank You and I know you will do everything you can to get an update out that fixes this problem,

Michael and Family

I sent  you a private message.

I just signed up for Netflix and am totally bummed that my Live Hub won’t play netfilx. I can get through about 15 seconds and the video freezes, then a couple of seconds later the whole system freezes and won’t respond to anything but an unplug of the power. I never tried playing Netflix on the older firmwares, so I can’t say if it worked on them and not on the newest. But it doesn’t work on the newest. Please fix it as it renders my $8.00/month to netfilx useless on my tv.

Just adding my voice to the crowd that Nefllix is almost unusable at this point. If I can start a video, it usually plays (but I have had it freeze then too), but the real problem is it just freezing the whole system when navigating Netflix. It seems to have happened when the Netflix UI changed recently. I guess that was when I got the last firmware update.  Please do something to fix this.  I can’t imagine the 25-40 times I’ve unplugged my Live Hub to get it restarted can be good for it long term.

this is happening to me to since the last update. I cant make it through a single tv episode anymore without it freezing. It seems to happen the most when I either pause it ortry to fast forward and then the whole thing freezes up and I have to restart it. I never had one issue with the netflix until this last update

Same freezing problem here with the Live Hub, just started today (been watching Netflix et al. for a week after all auto-updates have run).  Started with _Red Dwarf_, now _Luther_ episode 1.  First a single frame displays and audio continues, but when I try to rewind out of it the audio stops and it hangs.  It hanged for several hours before I powercycled it the first time, now it’s hanging again.

I haven’t seen this on my Live Plus in the other room yet.

I’ve experienced this same issue with the latest firmware for weeks now. Up until this point, I’ve had nothing but praise for the Hub and have been an outspoken advocate. We’ve cut the cable for months now and the Live Hub has been a great solution – until recently.

Now, Netflix freezes shortly after the interface launches or minutes into a movie. As with others here, the only fix is to unplug the unit. I do hope WD can address this soon – for me and many others – before I have to eat my words of praise and no longer recommmed the Hub to those looking for a similar set-up.

Thanks for the feedback here guys, we are looking into this issue.  Sorry I can’t say more.

I signed up of the forum to say I have the same issue.  Netflix is unusable, it freezes within 5 minutes of everything I play.  Yesterday it froze on one of the menus.  Unplugging the unit is the only way to get it back.  I hope this issue gets resolved soon, I chose this box with the primary intent to view Netflix.  This has been the only issue I’ve had, playing video and audio files have been great and Pandora has worked flawlessly.  

Please fix this soon 

I am also having this problem after updating the latest firmware.  Unplugging the power cord is the only way for the unit to come back.

Guys, you’re going to wear out your power supply plugs!

Just hold the power button on your remote for more than 3 seconds and the unit will shut down.