Folder icons (again)

I know this question has been asked numerous times, but having read most of them, nothing suggested solves my problem, so I’ll ask again…

I have my movies organised into folders sorted by genre (comedy/drama/kids/ etc…). In each folder I have a .jpeg called folder which is 300x200 pixels in size (and less than 50kb) which I use as a folder icon.

Each folder showed the correct icon perfectly until last week, when for some unknow reason it changed to a random movie cover inside  each folder.

Nothing I can do can get the original icon I had showing back. I’ve checked they’re all the correct size and named correctly. I’ve even deleted the hidden folder .wd_tv as someone in an another post suggested, but it makes no difference. 

Any suggestions people? 

What Firmware you on?

Firmware version 3.01.19

(I checked to see if there was a newer version but there isn’t) 

Hope that helps. 

Try sizing 1 folder.jpg to 185 pixels wide x 278 pixels high to see if that works.

Cheers

goto wd_tv / thumbs then delete everything apart from .wd_tv

turn the machine off

unplug for 15 seconds

turn back on

See if that helps…

Ok Have you Used the get content info to gather movie information to show up on the screen? if so then that portion also writes a metathumb file to your drive if this is the case then you have to oppen the folder where your movie is located and find the metathumb file and delete it. Then you have to rescan your hub I usually just power down and power back up