Flaky file system?

I find the file system to be pretty flaky.  For one, I can move files to and from my computer and the Live Hub, and its pretty fast.  I can delete files on the Live Hub from my networked computer instantly.  Loading files right to the Live Hub or deleting files from the live up using the menuing system…take…for…eve…rrrrrrr.  Why is the drive fast  over the network, but slow with its own on-board OS?

Also, I’ve notice when I copy whole DVD directories to the drive, the folder I copy it too disappears and either I get an icon to play the movie listed in all the files in the directory above that folder.  Or I get nothing.  Even after a hard reboot.

For instance, I tried to back up a show off of multiple recorded DVD’s… I created a folder in my series folder called “name of the show”…Then in that I made a folder for each of the 4 disks the show is recoreded on.

I can get to series…but the folder with the show name is gone, and none of the shows seeem to be listed anywhere.

Hi there, if I were you I would not compare the internal functions of a media player based on its OS with the way it bahaves on the network with other computers… But that’s just me.

I think it’s a valid comparison. I mean either one should in essence be performing rm filename. Why the on screen UI would take so much longer to do this than the command sent over CIFS/SMB doesn’t make sense really.

I think it’s lame that a PS3 is limited to a depth of 8 folders! WTH was Sony thinking? I can’t see most of the movies I have on the Hub because they end up being more than the 8th folder once you drill down to them. Ah well, just and excuse to go buy a WD Live TV for that TV.