Execution Failed error

When I turn off public access to my shares and set user access to either read/full access I go to view them I get -

EXECUTION FAILED: 1244
SYSTEM ERROR HAS OCCURRED warning box popup

I can only access shares if they are set to public, however if log on as one of the other users I created (using same PC) everything works as it should I.E. other users have access to my shares when public access is off and I’ve set read/full access for them.
I get the same result using a different PC/laptop
Any ideas? Thanks.

So the error code is just an error with no real effect on user access?

Erm, no it meant I couldn’t access my own shares at all when I try to open any of these (apart from public)

Untitled6.jpg

I got this

Untitled5.jpg

but when I logged out of my account and logged in as another user that had access to the share it’s was fine, so it’s like the admin account had been become corrupted, I did a system only factory restore which mostly worked but I still get this,

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/Enter-Network-Password/td-p/642741

but the 1244 error has gone away.

so at the moment I have all my shares to public or they don’t work.

Tenlegs: I have having the exact same problem. I am able to access my shares remotely for public shares but not private shares that I have access to. Were you able to figure it out? 

I get the following message. It’s weird because I triple checked that I do have access to those private folder that I am trying to access.

execution failed: 1244

System error 1244 has occurred. 

The operation being requested was not performed because the user has not been authenticated

Vincent85 wrote:

Tenlegs: I have having the exact same problem. I am able to access my shares remotely for public shares but not private shares that I have access to. Were you able to figure it out? 

I get the following message. It’s weird because I triple checked that I do have access to those private folder that I am trying to access.

execution failed: 1244

System error 1244 has occurred. 

The operation being requested was not performed because the user has not been authenticated

This still seems to be a problem. I set up a user (Friend who volunteered to help me test remote access) with access to some shares including one for him.

He got this error when trying to access his share but not some others that I had given him access to.

I then tried remote access from my pc which is local to the mycloud. I got the same error trying to access his share. I then deleted his share via dashboard, then created it again. This time with all lower case. I was able to then acccess it. He hasdn’t had a chance to re test as yet.