Error in RAID Configuration

Unless you restart after removing the files the launch Deamon is retained in Memory

Just suffering from the same error (OSX 10.11.4, latest version WD Drive Utilities) on an older 2 TB drive and a brand new one. There is not any RAID configuration for this 2 TB drive, so not sure whatā€™s going on here.

Like others uninstalled WDā€™s Drive Utilities. The only benefits are 1) you can check the drive via S.M.A.R.T. and 2) change a RAID config for e.g. Thunderbolt Duo, 3) change the sleep timeout.

Think it started to pop up after I updated to 10.11.4 on tuesday.

I updated my iMac to OS X 10.11.4 two days ago and ever since then Iā€™ve been getting a notice popping up stating ā€œError in RAID Configurationā€ on ā€œMy Bookā€ and ā€œMy Passportā€ā€¦Iā€™ve been on the phone with Apple for hours trying every possible solution but no luck resolving the problem. After finding this forum and reading what others have done to resolve the problem I Uninstalled WD Utilities. I was also getting a notice stating ā€œDisk Not Ejected Properlyā€ Eject ā€œMy Bookā€ before disconnecting or turning it off. I had both Passport and Book set to back up and never in three years ever experienced this problem until the update to OS X 10.11.4 so as others have done it seems the only way to resolve it was Uninstallā€¦I hope WD comes up with a solution so Utilities wll work as it shouldā€¦

Update, even after Uninstalling WD Utilities the problem still exists, I had to remove ā€œMy Bookā€ from Time Machine to correct the problem. ā€œMy Passportā€ seems to be running fine. I might try reinstalling WD Utilities and see what happens.

Like the last couple of commenters, I started seeing error messages after updating to OS 10.11.4, and waking computer from sleep. I did not, however, lose any functionality with the MyBook Studio, which is partitioned for Time Machine and other data purposes.

I did delete the WD utilities and other items noted by Bjcreative. It will be interesting to see if I get error messages again.

You may also want to check login items in your user. I had both helper apps listed to run whenever I logged in. I started getting the error messages after the 10.11.4 upgrade, too. No unmounts, though.

Iā€™ve also started getting this error since installing OSX 10.11.4.

Error only shows up when I wake the system after itā€™s been in sleep mode overnight, and only for the drive I use for Time Machine backup. My other My Passport Ultra drive hasnā€™t reported any problem.

Neither WD Drive Utility or Appleā€™s Disk Utility find any issues with the drive.

What Iā€™ve conclude is this, the ā€œMy Bookā€ that I have is not compatible with Time Machine after the 10.11.4 update so I took it off line for back ups via Time Machineā€¦and it triggers a RAID Configuration Error message with WD Utilities installed. The 1TB ā€œMy Passportā€ which I originally had a problem with has been corrected by doing an update on the firmwareā€¦Iā€™ve since ordered a 3TB My Passport for MAC which specifically states it is compatible with Time Machine so I can have a dual backup drivesā€¦

I have the same issue. I am using OS 10.11.4 and I get the ā€˜raid configuration errorā€™ message every time I wake my iMac from a long sleep - most frustrating. My ā€˜My Passport Ultra 2TBā€™ drive is not being used for Time machine backup but as my iTunes media storage.

When I try to eject the drive I need to ā€˜force ejectā€™ it as something is apparently using it even when iTunes/Quicktime have been quit - the only apps which I can think would actually be using files from the drive.

Has anyone found any resolutions to this problem? Is it definitely a firmware issue?

*iTunesHelper is my only login item switched on.
*I have already deleted the ā€˜com.wdc.WDPrivilegedHelper.plistā€™ file
*Quickly sleeping/waking my iMac doesnā€™t seem to generate the error.

After waking up, does the error message clear on its own? I have the same issues (iMac, 10.11.4), and am using the MyBook Duo as my Time Machine backup drive (2TB, RAID 1). After the drive spins up upon waking my iMac (primarily I only see this after sleeping overnight), the pop-up message eventually disappears, apparently once the software realizes the RAID does not have an error.

I really appreciate everyone that shared here. I got the same problemā€¦ I emailed WD support and had several emails to and fro about the issue. WD support suggested me to sent it back for repair and I almost did. Then I got the solution form you.

I uninstalled WD Disk Utilities and the problem was gone. I email WD support to ask them to look into the issue.

I have the same problem starting with Apples update. I uninstalled the utilities but reinstalled it at the suggestion of wd rep. I will uninstall and see if I can get time machine back at least.

For me the problem stopped when I uninstalled the WD drive utilities application. If I ever need it again, itā€™s available as a download somewhere here on this site.

for El Capitan i found that folder in macintosh hd folder, library, then LaunchDaemons

This is an excellent answer.

Iā€™m amazed that running an uninstall on the WD Drive Utilities left this file behind!

This whole issue is due to bad software programming. There is a fundamental conflict between the WD Drive utilities and Appleā€™s sleep mode. The hardware is fine.

The RAID Configuration ERROR message came back even with the purchase a new ā€œMy Passport for Macā€ which is supposed to be compatible with Time Machine. I used the Uninstaller for WD Utilities and restarted so weā€™ll see what happens from this point forwardā€¦very frustrating to say the least :frowning:

So far no more RAID Configuration ERROR messagesā€¦ :hugs:

thanks this makes sense to me bc i only get the error when i wake up my mac. iā€™ve also posted your help to another thread of similar ilk

mac raid error

This is so frustrating!!! I did everything everyone said in this threadā€¦uninstalled the WD Drive Utilities, deleted that file, unclicked the login item, and it still does it!! How??? Iā€™d really appreciate some help with thisā€¦

SYSTEM PREFERENCES - USERS & GROUPS - LOGIN ITEMS - UNCHECK WD DRIVE UTILITY

I donā€™t think itā€™s sufficient to uncheck this item; you must delete it by selecting it and clicking ā€œ-ā€ to remove it entirely from the list.

I continued to see the error message until I did so.

Can anyone from WD confirm that this is a bug in the WD software, and not indicative of a hardware problem with the drive ??