Do ANY of these live books actually work?

ok so you  probably have all seen my last posts re my live book and all its problems…finally wd support told me to factory restore…again and take back to the shop as it must be faulty …all that done…i set about adding back my files and hey …for 24hrs it actually worked…today i add more files…goto my tv to see the new files so i can watch some videos later on when im bored… ,… not there … no probs ill goto the media section and do a rescan…and a rebuild database … NO VIDEO FILES at all again now … i am so pissed off with this drive … brand new drive…same problems but worse … pile of gargage … im off back to currys tomorrow with it in hand and asking for a refund …NOTHING BUT TROUBLE

Hi, sorry to hear that the replacement drive gave you problems. Note that it can take a while for new files to be available on the DLNA server, since the My Book Live needs to scan the whole library when you transfer several files. Can you share how many gigabytes did you transferred? 

thanks for the reply … at first the files were appearing almost straight away and for around 24hrs it was working fine… i have been adding files as ive been converting them from my film collection so about 3gig at a time.

i wouldnt mind if it was just the case of the files taking a while to appear…but when i go back in and yet again the whole lot have vanished from the database and i try and rebuild it doesnt find any of them again,it gets a little tiresome having to go through such irritants every time i add files or want to watch them on my tv … i might as well just slip the dvd in my dvd player …at least i kno wthat will work  every time i want to watch it.

As ive said in teh past … the drive as an external hard drive works excellantly …the streaming rather lets it down as it doesnt work consistently.

I’m still in contact with wd support but 2-6 days between replies is not really good customer service is it?

if i could get this issue ressolved i would be satisfied …but 2 drives and 2 televisions later im getting nowhere fast.

can i just add … these problems have been fully tested on my macbook pro…my mini mac … a windows 8 machine and a windows xp machine…just to make sure i wasnt imagining it …lol also on 2 different smart televisions and a smart blu-ray player … so its not through lack of trying i dont think :slight_smile: