Disk Utility says this: Invalid catalog PEOF

My WD - My Book Studio - drive no longer appears on the desktop … I have switched from Firewire to USB …and another comptuer with the same result.  When using Disk Utility …it can see the WD drive but not the files within …and when running Disk Utility …it says the same thing each time:  Invalid catalog PEOF.

Any thoughts?  Thanks.  Jim

See if repairing permissions and restarting your comp help.

Select the HD shown in the pic below…

Thanks A-8,  The new OS 10.11 has simplifed the pocess and eliminated the 2-step repair.  However, prior to the upgrade of a couple of days ago …I did the permissions repair, reset the PRAM, a number of hard restarts, etc. The internal HD passes all tests.  I simply lost the ability for the WD to mount the desktop.  

I can see (as in the image you posted) the ‘2 TN WD’ gold icon  …but it will no longer mount the directories - if you call them that.  I appreciate the help.

Jim

Since you are using a “recently” released OS upgrade, perhaps you should call and/or email WD customer service.  You need to determine if My Book Studio is compatible w/EC.

Thanks A-8,  I will contact them …but it happened prior to the most recent OS upgrade.  The new OS X El Capitan was only released a few days ago.  

Jim