Disk not initialized

Hello, An acquaintance left me an external HD to see if I could do something… and the truth is I don’t know if there is a solution, since what they want is to recover the information they had… I have recovered things on HD’s with damaged sectors and tools for it… but windows detected the disk and gave it a drive… not here… although in the section on extracting the device you can see that it identifies what it is I have been looking at several websites, whether to clone, whether to TestDisk… and multiple paid tools to recover files that the first thing they require is for Windows to detect it and assign a letter… and since that is not the case… I didn’t want to go any further, since the HD is not mine and I don’t want to do anything that would jeopardize the remote possibilities of being able to recover something… If I initialize, I suppose that the next thing it will tell me is to assign a letter and with that it will format it… and assuming that that made the disk usable… I would have lost the content and I would have to use all those tools to recover content… Anyway… I don’t know if anyone has seen this… but… does it have a solution? It is a WD elements of 2.5 and 750 gigabytes

this is the noise it makes

I don’t know if it is a problem with the board, the power supply or a physical problem with the HD. Would there be a solution and could the information be recovered?

Hi @srdrake ,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting: