Connectivity Issues via Explorer AND Other Cloud Drives

I’ll apologize in advance as this will be a long post I’m sure…

I have questions about adding Google Drive and OneDrive just as Dropbox is recognized as a backup target on the Home tab of the SmartWare UI, but I can’t seem to find any info on how to actually add these to My Cloud. All I’ve seen were ‘suggestions’ for later capability, but different family members want to use their own choice to use with My Cloud.

On one family member’s Kindle, when they use their My Cloud app, they get on theirs “which device to connect…” or “devices found on your network” that includes the My Cloud device, Dropbox, Google Drive AND OneDrive to choose from. How do I get that to work on my PC version of My Cloud app (or on my Android tablet, for that matter)? With a measly 2.5GB on Dropbox compared to 15GB on Google Drive and 30GB on OneDrive, it sure would make my life easier with additional support of these other cloud drives to connect with.

I’m also having issues with " https://www.wd2go.com" and not being allowed to open shares in Explorer. I get the message, “The network name cannot be found.” Searching in the forum threads did not produce any solutions that worked. Tried switching the Network Mode to “Static”, for ex., and that didn’t change anything. As some of you may have noticed, I posted about a Full Factory Restore after trying whatever I could and THAT took 53 hours to complete and changed nothing either.

Maybe an easier question might be what would I use these for if I could open shares in Explorer – what does this mean exactly? We have a Microsoft Surface RT that only allows apps IF they offer them from the Windows Store and, at this time anyway, Windows Store does NOT offer the My Cloud app. I guess I should post in “suggestions” about adding the app to the Windows Store! The ‘RT’ version of Surface does NOT allow ANY downloading capabilities, so downloading the app as I did on my PC is out of the question. I guess I’m asking if opening the shares in Explorer is the only other option for connecting the Surface to My Cloud.

I’m truly confused and frustrated at the supposed “user friendliness” of the My Cloud device on, what seems to be, all the different ways necessary to connect MY devices to My Cloud, ie., PC, Android tablet, Kindle and last but not least, the Microsoft Surface RT. Each appears to connect in a different way. What a mess, yeah?

Thank you, in advance, for any help on ANY subject mentioned here. I may have my work cut out for me if I want to get this set up to where we ALL can enjoy My Cloud…

Bern  :manfrustrated:

Maybe you should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this. You can do so either by phone or email.

To Contact WD for Technical Support
http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en

Support by Country
http://support.wdc.com/country/index.asp

Regards,

Actually, we’ve been trying to contact since your first post.  Please re-read and respond to your private messages.

Bill_S et al – my apologies – I thought the private message was regarding the original Support Ticket which, BTW, I now realize appeared not yet opened, but instead, an email was sent out AND a reset on your support end was performed. Following the instructions in that email, I reset my settings from my end and thought that was the end of it.

I’m not sure when I lost network connectivity, but I haven’t been able to use the “wd2go.com” page for some time as stated here in the forum, much less been able to open shares in Explorer. This would have been a new problem since the original Support Ticket and since I didn’t create a second request there, I thought the matter was “closed” as the Portal stated. At the very least, I should have written back to tell you as much. Again, I apologize.

In this world of “everything comes yesterday”, it’s tough waiting sometimes for the right answer to come along. As for the forum, everyone has been more than helpful here and I appreciate that and, more often than not, is the way I usually seek out help. I will reply to the private message with more info. Thank you…

Bern

**(**Copied to post “Has Error Code ‘400014’ Been Fixed Yet?”)