Can not view thumbnails from mobile devices

Hi,

I am slowly uploading all our disks to our device, however I can not view thumbnails when using our mobile devices, this is somewhat frustrating to say the least. Can anyone help?

What app do you have to view them with?

My cell phone is a Samsung Galaxy Proclaim and I use both the WD Photo app and Google Plus Photos. Thumbnails show in both.

With the WD My Cloud app the thumbnails only show after I open up a folder.

Example, my share Horace>Pictures>folder 1-10-2011 and when that opens I see the thumbnails.

Posted by,
cat0w (USA)

This problem is same for me. 

I can not see the picture thumbnail from app both android S5 and iphone 4S mobile apps.

I do not know how to solve this issue, searched internet and could not find any solution. 

anybody there?

Hi,

This depends on how you are looking at photos on your mobile device. If it is on the Mycloud app they are not yet supported i beleive. 

If you are accessing through WD photos there is a solution!

The main issue is that the crawler that indexes the photos may have stopped this is either because the mycloud has been restarted pre-maturely or that it has stopped for some reason. To resolve:

1. Start the WD network drive.
  2. Access the _ Dashboard _ or _ Network Storage Manager _.
  3. Disable remote access to the drive.
  4. Reboot the network drive then re-enable remote access.
  5. Attempt to access the photos again after a few minutes.

Other solutions are also found here:  link

reply and kudos me if this works :slight_smile:

Did a bit more investigating…if you go to your dashboard and look at content scan. If it says idle - follow above instructions but if doesn’t  (click arrow) you will get an overview of what your device is doing and sometimes will say updating thumbnails.

Im working with lots of images, im designer.
App doesnt shows any thummbnail on my iPad, iPhone…
And this is big problem for me.
So tired use this app.

Now I Thinking about comeback to Dropbox if WD team so lazy to fix this app!

Where is problem?
Why you doesn’t fix it if users wrote about it.

Or just thinking about new products and only money is important?
Nobody pays for this solution?