Beta Release - WDTV Live Firmware Version 1.06.41_V (12/20/12)

Thank you mike27oct

It’s not confuse now. I understood your explanation perfectly. The problem is that I didn’t Know there was a proper rollback firmware… Just knew the original! :flushed: So, what I use to do is what WD already does in those proper rollback firmware, i.e., change the version number!

thanks again

Does this new release fix the mp4 and bluray problem of not passing the audio signal through HDMI encountered in version 1.06.15?

Does anybody have a link for the old rollback versions since WD yanked them as a wonderful X-Mas gift? Looking for 1.0.5 that supports drives > than 2tb.

hdmi**bleep** wrote:

Does this new release fix the mp4 and bluray problem of not passing the audio signal through HDMI encountered in version 1.06.15?

What mp4/bluray problem? I had audio over HDMI in 1.06.15.

valante274 >>>  I didn’t Know there was a proper rollback firmware. . . .

That makes two of us!   I didn’t realize this until I had to do a rollback a while ago, and discovered this for myself.

Hello, I have big problem because I can’t watch 3d film when I create subtitles by 3d subtitles program. This program create “sub” . Film at the start working but after a few minutes film  stop. When i give srt subtitles everything is ok. But to the 3d film I’m must use 3d subtitler program then subtitles are at two side of screen.

Mayby someone try give me anser how resolve this problem.

I try new version firmware (1.06.41) and older.

When I upgrade to 1.06.15 and have either a MYBook or MYPassport connected directly to the WDTV box via usb I no longer get audio passed through hdmi when playing .mp4 files or blu-ray file structure content.  Initially after the upgrade I get a few seconds of audio and then its gone for good.  End up having to downgrade which then puts me back to the issue of no external drives of >2tb.

Thats why I was looking for the 1.05 downgrade kit.  I only have the 1.0.4 kit.

Not willing to try some hinkey beta release that inspries absolutely no confidence based on prior 1.06 release.  WD needs to step up and offer a valid downgrade option to a “somewhat” stable release and 1.06.15 is NOT it.

Result from preliminary tests:

Good:
-“Auto login to network share” seem to work (this is the first version where it has ever worked!)
-HDMI auto seems to work.

Bad:
-“Video”"Music""Photo" filter out files that doesn’t “fit” into the category. Previously, I could just use “Video” for playing all kind of files\media. Please add an option to get back the old behaviour, alternatively add a new category “All media”.

My 3T disc (Seagate) is not recognized. The external disc works fine with my PC (USB) but not woth my WD TV Live. This firmware should support 3T discs, as stated by WD (even for earlier firmware versions).

So WD, is Auto  framerate fixed as claimed by some brave enough to risk bricking their player?   It does not appear in any line item of the release notes and I value my marriage too much to risk bricking my player without a backup.  Seems silly to me that you want people to Beta test a load with that sort of potential, especially since the “safe” loads you suggest rolling back to are the worst in recent memory.

And what’s up with that permanent damage warning anyways?  Does 1.06.41V write to some hardware bits that cannot be undone by any reasonable user action, or is it just a CYA  statement to give you an excuse to avoid having to manage a whole range of rollback images?  If the latter case, I recommend that you choose a few versions that many of us have at least some confidence with, 1.05.04V for example, and create rollback images for just those. Can’t be more than 3 or 4.  I’d love to try this new load for several reasons, but without a path back to my “safe” load, I’m sorry but I can’t participate as a beta test guinea pig in this case.  I’ll be surprized if you folks get any useful feedback from us customers, which is too bad since this will just drag out the final release later and later.

Problem with 2.5 TB hfs+ format. Movies below 2 TB boundary are playing normal. Over 2 TB boundary files are shown and selectable but can’t be played. An error occured, not a supported video-format.

Does this update includes the old WD TV LIVE? or is it only for the new model?

I have this one…

( http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?groupid=1003&lang=en)

This is the one for you. Don’t forget its a beta release.

thank you my friend.

Does this version have support added for netgear wnda3100v2 wifi adapter?

By the way. Seems like I solved my problem with my network share by activating the service “Computer Browser” on my WHS 2011. Network share allready worked with my Windows 7 PC.

Hi,

I’ve installed the beta update and again the same very thing as with every 1.06 update up till now.

When WDTV loads it looks for my Toshiba 1.5TB external USB disk for 3 minutes exactly.

With 1.04 and 1.05 updates it was 10 seconds only.

I can’t believe you still haven’t fixed this.

Though I was thinking for days not to upgrade during this time of the year…I did the upgrade.

Everything is perfect. Almost unusual for a product that I have for over 2 years.

As I’m only playing movies from my NAS, I was not expecting too many problems. And there are none.

I’m happy with WD remote on my tablet! That’s simply perfect! Too bad Samsung doesn’t upgrade it’s app for latest Android. I will need no remote if Samsung will do this.

Tested the Android remote app and it works well enough. Noticed the volume decreased somewhat when the remote app “connects” with the WD TV, even if the app’s volume is at 100%, which was weird and slightly annoing (a bug I guess).

BTW: would be nice to have ability to adjust volume via supplied remote as well, by eg. using the arrow up|down buttons.

I have problems with the following files/codec:

H.264/MPEG-4 AVC

720*576

25pics/s

Audio 48khz 192kb/s mp3

After fast forwarding or rewinding or pausing video and audio are not in sync anymore.

Thank you WD!

Very solid firmware update!

Smoothe installation!

No problems with networking at all!

I use NAS!

Remote on iOS works like a charm!

Thanks for adding support for my old WD TV LIve HD

Keep up good work and I will keep buying your products!