Backup Copy of MyCloud to MyBook Live

Hi I just recived my replacement mybook live and I also have a mycloud. What I am trying to do is hook it up where everytime something gets saved to the mycloud it will automaticlly do the same and save that to the mybook live without me having to do anything at the exact same time. So dose anyone know how to do that? I was thinking that I would get a usb to eithernet adapter and plug the ethernet cable into that then plug the usb into the back of the mycloud. The other thing is I know you can use safe points but from my understanding with that it will only make a copy at a spasific date and time. Is there a way to make it do it automaticlly.

My other question is is there a way to see what drives have been linked to my account?

Thanks

Dani

danitwelve91 wrote:

Hi I just recived my replacement mybook live and I also have a mycloud. What I am trying to do is hook it up where everytime something gets saved to the mycloud it will automaticlly do the same and save that to the mybook live without me having to do anything at the exact same time. So dose anyone know how to do that? I was thinking that I would get a usb to eithernet adapter and plug the ethernet cable into that then plug the usb into the back of the mycloud. The other thing is I know you can use safe points but from my understanding with that it will only make a copy at a spasific date and time. Is there a way to make it do it automaticlly.

My other question is is there a way to see what drives have been linked to my account?

Thanks

Dani

Having a USB external spin up every single time a file changes on your MYCLOUD will kill that external very quickly.

You would likely be happier with a NAS with more than one bay that can do RAID.

I understand that buying something like a mycloud duo would be easier but first off I can’t afford it and secondly I just spent the money to buy the mycloud and I just went thru the process of having my mybook live replaced under the warrenty. Plus I think I would rather have 2 diffrent seprate hard drives. So someone told me that there is a way to back up the mycloud to the mybook live using safepoints evan if it is not instant?

You can setup rsync between the two drives… Search on this forum. It’s pretty easy if you know basic Linux.

danitwelve91 wrote:

I understand that buying something like a mycloud duo would be easier but first off I can’t afford it and secondly I just spent the money to buy the mycloud and I just went thru the process of having my mybook live replaced under the warrenty. Plus I think I would rather have 2 diffrent seprate hard drives. So someone told me that there is a way to back up the mycloud to the mybook live using safepoints evan if it is not instant?

Yes safepoint will do periodic backups.  It is explained in the printed manual, the online manual, and again in the web GUI interface.