ASUS N10 Wireless USB Adapter and WD TV Live Plus

I bought this from Newegg the same time I bought my WD TV Live Plus:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833320049&cm_re=asus_n10-_-33-320-049-_-Product

I never have gotten it to work correctly, and I always assumed it was the fault of my old router (D-Link DGL-4300). I recently bought the NETGEAR WNDR3700 and decided to give the adapter another try, only to find that it will not connect at all. It also does not pick up my 5ghz N network.

Anyone have experience with this adapter? If all hope is lost, what wireless USB atenna do you all recommend? It does not have to be small like the one I currently have - I just want something that works and works well, and is also compatible with 5ghz N networks.

Thanks!

What is the firmware revision on the device? The WD TV require specific firmware on the USB dongle, in this case the Rev 0200.

I have no idea how to find that out - any ideas? It is not printed on the dongle itself.

hi… i have the WDTV Live and have a similar problem… my adapter blinks, it detects my network in auto but does not show any signal, even next to the router. started another thread on this. Could you resolve the problem? iv tried three firmware versions on the WD…

BTW, ur right , even im not able to find the rev no on the adapter. mfg month is oct 10…

hi…

had one solution to my problem when i turned off the encryption and key on the router. it jus connected ! figuring out a way round that now… cheers!

injunwarlord wrote:

hi…

had one solution to my problem when i turned off the encryption and key on the router. it jus connected ! figuring out a way round that now… cheers!

• *It may be the characters you are using in your password.

sit update…

i picked up the ASUS USB wifi dongle. got it up and running…things were working okay… but not as smooth as they should . finally one day i decided to hard wire the LAN to the WDTV. Re-worked the router position and connected the WD TVLive to wired ethernet. It is DEFNINTELY recommended to one and all… if by any means you can have a wired connection, go for it.