Alaska Resurface [WDTV LIVE HUB & SMP]

Thank you Joey, test it at evening

SMP 1.04.12 users

Anyone have an issue with the “landscaped” poster image being very blurry in all views?  The image at this link shows whats happening.

http://i49.tinypic.com/b9g2sl.jpg

You can see the text in the poster image is nice and crisp, where as the text in the landscape pic is almost unreadable.  I’m using Joey’s demo folder, so it’s not an issue with the thumbnail size/resolution. 

Are any SMP users on later FW experiencing this issue?

I can also report that navigation (within the views) is quite slow with the 2.07.17 version however the 3.05.10 version is very, very snappy indeed.

Cheers

Dave

2 Likes

@ Wdtvhub,

i think Joey have no problem with my question, “why is the Alaska Resurgence Theme so slow”, its a technical question and not an criticism.

In Germany: Ich denke das eine technische Frage, um den zusammenhang zu verstehen keine Beleitigung ist. :wink: 

@gerdk

In English - BETA

In German - BETA

Beleidigung nicht Beleitigung

:slight_smile:

wow Joey, great Piece of neat and clean work.

Totally love it.

Using firmware 3.05.10,

well i would say the speed is acceptable to me.

Totally love that main menu.

hmm perhaps the fontcolour of the TIME and Temperature could be a bit brighter/bold

Anyway totally love it. For those who don’t want to mingle with moviesheets or thumbgen. Its a great thing.

2 Likes

Hi Joey,

i will test the Beta 2 in a couple of hours - German Time 07:30 pm.

I am in the Office right now.

Regards

Gerd 

JoeySmyth wrote:

@Rubicon99

I can also report that navigation (within the views) is quite slow with the 2.07.17 version however the 3.05.10 version is very, very snappy indeed.

Really ? I would say the opposite.  Faster than the Youtube Video on Page(1) ??

Also… Dunno why your pic is “blurry”  below is your Screen Capture compared with mine (taken on 3.05.10)

Have you tried it on a “Hard Drive” in case there is something funny with your “Pendrive” ?

Yeah, heaps quicker for me on 3.05.10 than 2.07.17 at the moment.  Maybe that’s due in part to the SMP scraping and caching the backdrop images, but yes, I think I will do some testing tomorrow with my main USB HDD to rule out a dodgy thumb drive…

Another issue I came across - and I will test some more because buggered if I can remember if it was happening on 2.07.17 or 3.05.10 or both - was that after selecting “show backdrop images” from the option menu in gallery view, the option menu would not come back up when pressed again.  I had to hit home to back out.  I tried again but selected “show info” and the same thing happened.

Cheers

Dave

1 Like

Joey

A few issues I have had myself.

I used TG and made my own bluray covers and used the Black Mamba theme. I dont have the time at the moment to change them back with manual scrapes, but with gallery view. Its just constantly re caching the images in a mesmerising random order, covers dissapear and your default icon displays…every few seconds. I know the answer is to re-scrape but its strange (no XML files in there at the mo either).

I had to reduce screen size to 95% to see the left hand far cover.

Was it your intention to display background images in the rectangles, or is that always going to be parts of the cover.

Speed good for me on latest Firmware, I just wish there was a way to get it to get all the metadata by clicking rescan on a folder full of files, does nothing for me (WD issue I know).

Love the main menu, perfection.

JoeySmyth wrote:

Due to Numerous Reports and Issues, starting all over again.  No Estimated Time for Completion.                                   

_
_

You’ve pulled the Alaska Theme Joey? If that’s the case it’s a pity, but take your time and don’t be pressured into releasing the next version before it’s ready. For what it’s worth I downloaded the theme before the link was deleted. I haven’t bothered with themes until now because the ones I’ve looked at before were too noisy. I really liked the look of your screen shots - very clean and uncluttered. My experience with your theme on my Live Hub firmware 3.05.10 so far is living up to the screen shots. I’ve mainly been playing audio files, I really like the audio player and the speed is acceptable. I’m really looking forward to the next release and I hope you  keep the same clean look.

Hi Joey,

First of all, let me congratulate you on your great work. You always offer us amazing themes that enhance the appearance of our HUB device.
From here I call WD designers to learn from your designs. They still have to learn so much.

After installing  this last beta, you’re on the right track.

I have the last firmware installed, and it works ok.

Only one thing, in the mosaic view movies, the cover photo on the left side, i apperas cutted. Maybe If the cover appears fully will we better.

Thank you very much for taking much of your time to create impressive themes like this, and share with the community.

(sorry for my english :stuck_out_tongue: )

Joey, i think leaving the theme for people to try out is a good thing.

Reading users issues can be a big help when updating or redoing the theme. Just look at everyone as a tester.

This is where the term “BATA TESTER” would fit.

I for one am happy with the way it is already. Even without an update it’s still my prefered theme.

I am not finding any issues now, but then again i don’t play with everything. Only watch video and thats it.

Thanks for all your hard work bro.

Cheers!

I guess it’s not possible to have it back? I missed the download slot and it was the theme I was waiting for even in it’s imperfect form. Some were saying bad things but I read a lot more pleasant replies so I really want it.

I think your theme was **bleep** awesome(excuse my french)! But I love it and I do not have to use Thumbgen!

Please keep it up JoeySmyth! Do not let the bad critics put you down you did fantastic!

1 Like

Well i wouldn’t go as far to say that anyone on this thread was “critical”.  It’s an international community and things get lost in translation sometimes.  The fact is it was a BETA.  Issues are gonna come up and if they’re not reported they’ll never get fixed.

I for one thought it was great even though I did have a couple of issues that were most likely SMP firmware related.  It was certainly the snappiest performance i’ve seen out of a theme to date, so I hope we see it back at some stage in the future.

If someone who has could plz pm me with a link where i can get it? I find the screens to be one of the most appealing themes I’ve seen since Mojo and i love that i don’t need movie sheets.

I’d love to give it a try for myself.

Well that will help a lot.

It is his work, and I suppose I understand why. If he leaves it up he will get all the same/more issues, and if hes working from the ground up, he wont have time to sort it. Or they wont be relevant anyway.

But I dont think there is any need to be so rude to the guy.

nath999 wrote:

If someone who has could plz pm me with a link where i can get it? I find the screens to be one of the most appealing themes I’ve seen since Mojo and i love that i don’t need movie sheets.

I’d love to give it a try for myself.

Dag, i was gonna take a peek at it today only to find it’s gone :frowning:

I hope there isn’t some kind of “other” reason than joey just wanted it to be better and we’ll see it back. I know he hasn’t been feeling well and maybe it’s just too much to deal with if he’s having health issues.

@wdtvhub - You’re right, no need to be rude!