Alaska Resurface [WDTV LIVE HUB & SMP]

Looks really great Joey.  Thanks for all your hardwork and sharing it with the community.  Can’t wait to see how you were able to generate a couple of the things you have shown on screenshots.

Thanks for your work Joey.

I know this is a Hub theme but I’m getting an “invalid file” message when attempting to upload to the SMP.  Any ideas why?  All other Hub themes I have tried to date have worked Ok on the SMP.

For other SMP users: I’m on Fw 1.04.12

Cheers

Dave

@Rubicon99

SMP needs a Uncompressed ZIP file for a Theme (Zipped at Root Level)

So you will need to extract the files from the RAR …highlight the 1st file then hold ‘shift’ and highlight the last file … right click and ‘Add to Archive’ select ZIP format and ‘Store’ 

This is assuming you a using WINRAR  (Store = No Compression)

1 Like

Thanks Joey,

Just loaded it up on my Hub and it looks great. I upgraded to the latest firmware but as you say the speed is greatly affected (quite a long wait until images refresh) so I’m downgrading again. Gonna spend some enjoyable time adusting my movies/music/tv shows to suit this amazing theme.

Thanks again!

Thanks Grayskull ,

I guess once the Hub has finished caching everything it might be ok… but this wasn’t an issue with with older Firmware (2.07.17)

I’m happy staying with 2.07.17 mainly because of how the database / caching operates … which is quick and no fuss.

Spent a considerable amount of time with latest Firmwares trying different Themes (not just mine) and found the whole interface painfully slow and lethargic.

Everytime,  when i eventually rollback Firmware to 2.07.17…  it’s like I’ve got my Hub back to the way it was when i purchased it … (which i was very happy with)

1 Like

JoeySmyth wrote:

@Rubicon99

SMP needs a Uncompressed ZIP file for a Theme (Zipped at Root Level)

So you will need to extract the files from the RAR …highlight the 1st file then hold ‘shift’ and highlight the last file … right click and ‘Add to Archive’ select ZIP format and ‘Store’ 

This is assuming you a using WINRAR  (Store = No Compression)

Thanks Joey.  Yep, did that.  Well sort of.  I use 7-zip and have always use compression method as “ultra”  without problems when uploading themes to the SMP.  

As a test, assuming the SMP had a problem with something that’s “missing”  in the Alaska theme files, I copied your xmls into a modded mamba theme I have going and replaced the directory entirely and uploaded the zipped file.  That actually worked OK. The Alaska theme seems to be running Ok based a brief look around, although I’ll do some more testing tomorrow.

Thanks again for your work.  Looks awesome from my brief play with it.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Joey!

Just tested your theme with my new SMP running firmware 1.09.10 (which is the current)…and the result is AMAZING!!

I have only used your demo-folder but it works like a charm :smiley:

I have tested quite a few other themes which also works for SMP and none of these are even close

to this when it comes to speed (i.e.show movie information)

Also a big fan of the gallery-view which displays 18 movies / page.

**bleep** fine job Joey :smileyvery-happy:

edit:…done some more tests now:

Sometimes i takes a couple of seconds for all (18) thumbnails to load (just like surfing on the internet) but

when that´s all good the movie information come instantly.

I guess it still isn´t possible to display the imdb-rating? I know that the rating is in the xml-file but

I´m guessing it must be in the SMP:s firmware to actually show it?!

Still big thumbs up :smileyvery-happy:

/Matte

I have a question, how do I install the theme? :laughing:

just kidding

Looks freakishly awesome, I love every single pixel of it. (seriously)

This is the speed a theme and movie info should have and since i don’t expect WD to make changes the movie sheet trigger this theme should be the example how to display movie information.

I thought to myself that I’ll do a theme in xBox 360 style with a white-ish background, now i can just use yours and save my time for watching movies or going to the beach. :laughing:

Awesome work Joey. Just loaded and tested the demo folder. As I mentioned earlier I prefer to use TG so what would be your recommended settings in TG? I don’t care to use the view images option so I’m good with it not working when using TG.

You mentioned latest firmware is slower. Is that the images in the background that’s slower or the general navigation?

I was scrolling through my existing files(setup for aeonish) now I expected movies to not display properly but neither do folder images. They are fine on the right but not on the left (in gallery mode). What’s your recommended size/dimensions for folder (genre) images?

Thanks

P.S. Any chance you will redo Aeonish using your new found tricks and techniques and make it internal/external scraper friendly? Ie. No png, reflections in theme xml rather than image/sheet. :slight_smile:

Looks really great Joey. thankyou for your hardwork for us. i am going to try this theme on my smp. hope it works:smiley:

Way to go, i knew this was going to be a perfect choice for me.

I have said it before and will say it again… you are the one theme maker here that gets me excited the most.

Awesome job, this is now my new permanent theme. Will grab the updates from you as you release them.

Thanks again, job well done.

Hi Joey,

Thanks for this!  Looks great!

One question.  Is there any way to disable the background images that load?  I’m not seeing the code in the xml that controlled this in past themes.

Thanks!

Just a heads up Joey,

I had to turn on media library to see the home screen menues after rolling back to firmware 2.07.17

Was just all blank with only the time in the right corrner. Turning media library on brought it back.

The setup menu’s all worked, just no home screen.

Note: went from the newest firmware *Worked awesome!! … to 2.07.17.

Greate Theme and  Super looking, thank you Joey for your hard Work.

Bevor Alaska i am running  your AEonish Theme with the Mirror reflection Code - and

without Moviesheets :frowning: …im am not a programmer.

And your AEonish Theme runs on the last Firmware very fast, jpeg and refelction

looking good.

Why is the Alaska Resurgence Theme so “slow”.

Regards

Gerd 

gerdk wrote:

Greate Theme and  Super looking, thank you Joey for your hard Work.

Bevor Alaska i am running  your AEonish Theme with the Mirror reflection Code - and

without Moviesheets :frowning: …im am not a programmer.

And your AEonish Theme runs on the last Firmware very fast, jpeg and refelction

looking good.

Why is the Alaska Resurgence Theme so “slow”.

Regards

Gerd 

There may be something lost in translation here, but, what sort of inspiration is that. Its a Beta and he has already explained that the newer firmwares slow it down.

I am on the latest firmware and think speed is not too bad at all, its the limitations of the box and firmware, all Joey can do is do the best he can, and he has done a great job.

I think you need to think before you write things like this, a few comments ago you were being a bit rude with when you wanted it, and now you are being evern ruder, I think you have overstepped the mark and need to learn to respect the effort and time he has in creating this.

And I say again…Beta.

I agree, this is a beta and things will get tweaked as Joey gets time.

I love it and think its just a perfect theme. Will grab all the updates as joey makes them.

Please remember… WE ARE LUCKY that Joey is even doing this and sharing it with everyone.

He owes us NOTHING!!! If anyone owes anyone… its us owing him. Don’t bite the hand that feeds you …for free!!

I’m running the latest firmware with about 100 movies on a USB drive. Menus seem pretty fast here, at least as fast as the YouTube video Joey posted.

Thanks Joey, awesome work!

4 Likes

4 Likes

4 Likes