Airlink 101 wireless device can't be recognized after Firmware - 1.04.17 upgade!, help!

After download and installed the new firmware - 1.04.17.  The WD Live Plus no longer recognize the Airlink 101 wireless adapter. I have pushed the reset  button  to reset, unplug the power and trying all these don’t seem to work. Any one have any idea? Please help!!!

Thank you!

Airlink 101 isn’t on the supported list, so it may not work again.

Your only choice would be to roll-back to the prior release, as is explained in countless threads here.

The wireless device I am using is Airlink 101 Wirless N 150 Model AWLL5077.  It is on the first place of the supported list. Please provide some help.

Thank you very much!

As I said, your only option is to roll back the firmware.

Pepboy_ny wrote:

The wireless device I am using is Airlink 101 Wirless N 150 Model AWLL5077.  It is on the first place of the supported list. Please provide some help.

Thank you very much!

The first adaptor on the list is-

Adapter Model Version/Revision
Airlink Golden 150 AWLL5077 Rev 0200

Do you have that exact Adaptor, Model AND Version/Revision? If not then it is not tested/supported. 

Also have you tried the procedure another poster with an unsupported adpator said partly fixed the problem-

• My wireless USB adapter is the Netgear WNDA3100 v1 which uses the Atheros AR9001U-(2)NG chipset (also referred to as the AR9170).  It worked great under firmware version 1_02_21 but  started going into power save mode after boot up with firmware versions 1_04_10 and 1_04_17.  After I power on my WD TV Live the wireless USB adapter  led flashes a few times and then goes out .  I have no network access until I do the following:
  • Select “Settings”, select “Network settings”, select “Network setup”, select “Wireless”, select “Preferences” (note that at this point the LED light on my adapter lights up and starts flashing), select my network’s SSID from the list of wireless networks that are close to me (sometimes the list shows signals and sometimes it shows no signals which is probably just a timing issue since the wireless USB adapter is now on and flashing), select “Automatic” for the connection mode (the wireless USB adapter LED keeps flashing for a second and then goes solid on), select “OK” from the Network setup completed  screen with the big green checkmark.

I have checked the back of the wireless device and it read exactly as: Airlink 101 Wireless N 150 Model AWLL5077. After installing the upgrade, the device became unrecognized and it would not have an option for selecting  wireless under network connection.  It does not even give a single flash.

I can’t find another device with the same model number for Airlink and I am sure this is the one. However, thank you very much for the input.

I think WD needs to fix this.

I have the same issue, just roll back. And don’t ever upgrade again. Every upgrade has just broken something for me so far.

Guess I have no choice but to roll back the previous version of firmware. WD is not so realiable after all.

Thank you for the idea.

The new beta release is supposed to have fixed this for the Airlink 150.  You could try that also.

With this Beta release my Airlink 101 wireless device is now working again! (of course, I had to reset the wirelss settings once the update was completed)

The problems that I am still having include:

1. After playing a Video in “Fingo”  volume gets loud during last few seconds

2. When trying to play any VOBs the video/sound cuts out

3. Most mpg movies will play video, but with no sound.  Before this update(and December update)  ALL mpgs played sound/video

(interestingly an mp4 that I have plays sound/video with no issues.

I hope these issues all get fixed!

Thanks Bill, if this beta version that in deed will fix the Airlink wireless connectivity but I am not sure something else will go  wrong. I am just being cautious after the last upgrade experience.

Thanks again.

I had this same problem with firmware 1.04.17 except with a different approved wireless device (ASUS USB-N10).  I upgraded to the beta firmware (1.04.18B, see  http://community.wdc.com/t5/News-Announcements/WD-TV-Live-Plus-Limited-Public-Beta-Firmware-Version-1-4-18-B-1/m-p/117464#M152) and that fixed my problem with the wireless device.

Hi, have you been encountered with any other issues ever since the Beta upgrade? Noticed that wireless device would not recognized by 1.04.17 firmware, The last version of firmware also has its bug too. Whenever I try to Pause,  Fast Forward or Fast Backward, the banner shows on the bottom of the TV screen and it stays there, so I have to press Stop  and then press Play to get rid of the banner.   

1 Like

Pepboy_ny wrote:

Hi, have you been encountered with any other issues ever since the Beta upgrade? Noticed that wireless device would not recognized by 1.04.17 firmware, The last version of firmware also has its bug too. Whenever I try to Pause,  Fast Forward or Fast Backward, the banner shows on the bottom of the TV screen and it stays there, so I have to press Stop  and then press Play to get rid of the banner.   

Or you can just press OK and the banner will go.