Æonish Hub ReV2 [WDTV LIVE HUB]

dont seem to unzip the second half?

corpputed/??

No, you need to read the read me to get the second password. crafty eh ? :slight_smile:

1 Like

sweety… tricky ppls lol

thanks

How well does this work with the latest firmware?

Another great osd by Mr. Smyth .  Reading the readme  does pay off, always a good habit.

Thanks for the hard work :smiley:

Hi

Very nice looking and great graphic and code.

For sorry every thing working great only with the demo you provided but for me I have to change all the movies data I got through the get info and modify it by TG (which I have no idea how to use it :slight_smile: ) and change my folder structure, too much to be done.

But still like your theme, thanks for the effort.

About music, does it works with all format? I have my music in flac format, one album for each folder (same name as the album)  and the xml I did modifying one took from the demo folder, I set in the flac file metadata the album as Artist Name - Album Name same as folder and xml file name, I also set a flac file with the same name…miss something?

it seems wd tv live hub doesn’t recognize the music sheet, I set thumbgen option to make a png as main movisheet to have transparency I don’t know if it make a png when you do a quicksheet and then change extension or what but it gave me a jpg file anyway the music sheet file doesen’t appear even if I browse picture or file, I open it with photoshoop and reseave the music sheet as jpg and the hub recognize it at least in picture browsing.

I think my problem is the xml file, I don’t know exatly how to make it manualy so probably there are errors…

Very nice and my backdrops work too.

Yeah its a shame as Joey said previously, that they did not allow offline pictures,as this being a blown up version of the one already on the moviesheet.

I am also at a loss how we cannot create fake jpgs with transparency for the folders. Thats the one bad thing for me, it makes all my TV Folders look rubbish :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great theme joey, thanks heaps. Just wondering if its possible to show actor/director names, ratings and time in the pirates theme just like you have in the expendables theme(screenshots page 1). Having so many movies i love having all the info right there infront of me to make navigating easier. By the way, love how fast it is.

Crazyfistsau wrote:
Great theme joey, thanks heaps. Just wondering if its possible to show actor/director names, ratings and time in the pirates theme just like you have in the expendables theme(screenshots page 1). Having so many movies i love having all the info right there infront of me to make navigating easier. By the way, love how fast it is.

I was able to actors playing with it:

<text x="78" y="174" w="607" h="52" text="@@actor" fontsize="18" numlines="2" textcolor="0xffffff" align="left" /> <text x="78" y="250" w="635" h="175" text="@@overview" fontsize="18" numlines="7" linespacing="1" textcolor="0xffffff" align="left" disable\_tail\_dots="1" />

What I would like to figure out is @@browse_text changed to just show “Movie Name” instead of “File.Name.avi”

EDIT:

You will also notice I had to drop the @@overview to accomodate the actors. Now keep in mind that this whole page may completely change as it is still beta and Joey is still changing things.

drizzt09,

@@browse_text is changed in the firmware (hard coded can’t be changed).  Showing the Movie name was actually how it was originally, but then they broke it so that it showed the file name, then fixed it (sort of) 3 releases back.

If your looking for it to show the file name rather than the movie name, you can add this line instead of @@browse_text:

I’m not sure if it will work in Gallery view, because I haven’t tried (should though), but it does work for the other views.

I’m new to movie sheets but, once I got to grips with (the rather confusing) ThemeGen, I got this theme up and running on my Hub in no time. I love the way it looks, with the sheen and the reflections on the covers.

However, I do find that the pages load fairly slowly. The 12 thumb view (third image down in your smaple images) is particularly slow to advance to the next page of thumbnails. Is it simply because it is loading 12 x ~900k PNG thumbnails (renamed as JPG), or is the hub just bad with moviesheets?

I wanted the design of the Gallery View to only contain ‘Basic’ info… (Name,Genre,Runtime & Plot)

and the “Info View” to have ‘Extended’ Info (Actors,Director,Year etc).

It was a deliberate design choice, to keep the ‘Gallery View’ clutter free and provide basic info about the movie,

and give ‘Info View’ another 'Separate Look".

Thumbnail page and Preview page are slow, im currently looking into ways to improve speed and functionality.

Yeah I like the simplistic look myself. I used the other moviesheets and whilst it is great to know if its 1080p dts etc…that soon gets boring, especially after you play with moviesheets for a while, I seem to know them all off by heart. Before you know it you are changing font sizes to cram everything in, and you only want to see the plot once you start watching anyway.

I just wish I could get my TV folders to look as good, If it did not take a lifetime to copy them all to my internal hard drive, I would. Just to stop it all looking so untidy.

I thought I had come up with a cunning plan to show only Blurays as well, I was going to add a Genre of “Bluray” to all my Rips (it would have taken forever of course), but luckily I only changed 3 XML files, but 2 things against that, 1 you obviously can only see 1 genre, and 2, for some reason the only Genres my filter can see are Action, Comedy, Unknown, and there are way more than that…

By the way Joey, maybe these guys need reminding that all you have to do is select options/view info and they get all the Actor/Director info from that.

I hope wd team will improve the next firmware to let us make the xml and music sheet in offline mode (Thumbgen theam has proggramed music sheet support), yesterday I spent the whole afternoon to made them, ‘cause I can’t have my hub connect to the web and to my 42’ TV at the same time (my router is in a different room and unfortunately the hub doesn’t suppurt wifi) so I use a composite cable to connect it to a small lcd tv…but I found that sometimes you have to use the get info function on every tracks of an album to have the hub put it all togheter otherwise you get two album in the music wiew one with info and the cover and the other without, and that’s really annoying! Another bed thing: when you use the get info on the album folder you get all tracks have the same name as the album when you browsing the tracks list …what!!! (if you connect the hub to a pc you see that everything its right and the hub doesn’t change metadata or else, so why all the tracks have the same title??!)

Sorry about my English

unfortunately the hub doesn’t suppurt wifi

err Yes it does…

How to do it

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5331/p/208,342/session/L3RpbWUvMTMwNjMyMTM1OC9zaWQvajR6UXlRdWs%3D

Usb Wireless Adapters that are comatible

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5688/p/208,342/c/123/session/L3RpbWUvMTMwNjMyMDAzNS9zaWQvUjFTRnRRdWs%3D

Ahah yes you’re right I’ve forgot it!!! :smileyvery-happy: Mybe I can find a powerful adaptor to get the wifi connection on the hub but between the router and the hub there’s a long distance…

is this supported?

Realtek RTL8188CU Wireless LAN 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adapter??

If its not on that list…then you take a massive chance.

I would pick one from the list, and then you know it will work.