A much needed SmartWare Pro feature - Purge Deleted Files off a backup

Dear WD staff,

I am a pro photographer, using WD SmartWare Pro with a few WD external drives on a regular basis as a base for my standard workflow.

I am using your external disks both as my working drives and my backup drives.

Once I finish working on a project I delete most of its files off the Source Drive and keep only the final outcome along with a small amount of files that are important for me.

At that point all project files would have been already backed up to another WD external drive (automatic periodical backup with SmartWare Pro).

As I keep going my Source Disks get to hold only final files of more and more projects but my Backup Disks collect more and more unneeded files and get filled up very quickly with files that I have no need to keep.

There is no acceptable way for me to manually go into my Backup Disks folders and delete the unneeded files. That would be plenty of work and a waste of a much needed time.

I would love to see a feature on WD SmartWare, just like the one you had on WD AnywhereBackup, which would PURGE DELETED FILES off the backup drive,

so that once in a while I could click it and have my Backup Drives synced to the same state that my Source Drives are in, and then continue the automatic backups from that point.

It seems to me like a very reasonable request and a much needed feature (saw plenty of SmartWare users looking for that feature when I googled it to find a solution). I can`t understand why or how with your amount of expertise and experience in backup software you have skipped that feature on SmartWare. But please make it right so that I will not feel guilty of trusting you and not checking SmartWare indepth before I bought it.

Thank you and keep up the great work.

Itai

I agree!  It should not be too diffucult to program it to see and allow the deletion of specific backup files.  I made a backup fo another external drive and then wanted to delete it .  Had to follow the instructions of another post to view the drive using windows and then go to the smartware.swstor folder and guess which folder to delet e!

See post:    backup questions by  destroyer510    ‎06-19-2012 11:26 PM… response:  Re: backup questions by  Alucardx23  on  ‎06-20-2012 02:10 PM