480i over Component?

to TonyPh12345

First, yes is not the place to discuss issues with THIRD-PARTY-FIRMWARE. This is just prove for WD support and other people to believe - 480i 576i via Component possible on WDTV Live. So WD must just do it for official firmware.

Second, pressing “Power OFF” button on first hardware releases ( 00 ) of WDTVLive do not full real power off the device (just off video signal, try to down usb, etc…) - so telnet and ssh (on THIRD-PARTY-FIRMWARE) still working.

1 Like

to NATBART

Then you do this - WDTV Live just turn in 480i component mode (after power ON button) without the need to select in menu.

By the way, in menu after this command, mode looks like Component(auto)    …do not choose anything…

And yea welcome to forum.wdlxtv.com while WD does not do anything…  (Speaking with WD support is something oversome… d…b robots…)

1 Like

I do not fully understand “SDK limitation”

Discussion on this thread indicates that WD are able to correct this poblem.

Is this true?

1 Like

This is a question of whose address? If addressed to me, I will say: “Yes” If to the WD support address, then for nothing. Silly boys sitting there on the 1st support level or just robots. (I’m already a month trying to explain to them that WD has long could all this be done, even prove and show how). They tell me about the cables, replace the TV, non-existent version of the official firmware, about the inadmissibility of the use of third-party-firmware and do nothing basically.

2 Likes

I purchased a WD TV LIVE.

I installed the alternate firmware.

I can telnet  the setting to set 460i60/component.

I am not able to set the output to 576i50/component.

Have others been able to set 576i50/component?

1 Like

No 576i/50 PAL for now even on alternate firmware, only 480i/60 i found so tell for all. May be on new official Release 1.04.17 (12/30/10) 480i/576i via Component fixed, but dont think so, try it, surprise me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I now accept that this is a dead end issue.

I will see what can of worms Seagate’s product opens.:cry:

1 Like

The  FreeAgent Theater+ outputs 576i/component ok but displays many of my 4:3 video files at the wrong aspect ratio.

1 Like

HDMI to S-video Konverter

Sorry, but unfortunately with the WD does nothing in terms of picture quality with analog video out, so I will get an HDMI to S-Video (39 €)  converter.
This has no problems all HDMI signals from WDTV live in a better
S-video signal to convert from 480i/576i 1080p. The S-video image is much sharper, color follower and does not flicker like the Composite (RCA) of WDTV.
Although the Sigma chip has much more potential hardware (SATA, S-Video, RGB, YUV analog ect.) leaves the WD of the competitors, also see in the new WD-HUB except an internal hard drive no longer potential.
Schade Schade and when I look at it gives me the forum a lot of problems with the current at the time he 1.04.x firmware.
So you will, as a converter and remains at 1.21 or 1.3. He firmware.
A disappointed user of WDTV Live.

Yes, its a very big dissapointment. I have given up on the FAT+ because of its " W ide S creen S ignaling" issue.

I am forced to use my old WDTV, modified so it has component output.

I wont be replacing my CRT TV for a long time.

1 Like

WD LIVE + here.

Very dissapointed about the connection.

Still have a CRT TV hooked on a Yamaha a/v receiver.

TV==<=component=<==Yamaha=<=component=<=WII

=<=component=<=DVD

And this thing won’t work the same way… :frowning:

I’ll have to wait until my flat screen…composite only is a bit sad.