Zyxel NSA325 & wdtvlive

Hi all,

Hope you can point me in the right direction.

I have a Zyxel NSA325 (kermit)  with various shares setup and also running a twonky server.

Now my WDTVLive can view the videos fine when viewing media servers but as we all know its not the greatest.

So I decided to switch to network shares (now it gets downright iritating)

I cannot see kermit never mind the shares on it when trying to use network shares.

Both are in the same workgroup, same subnets etc so its not this.

I do not want to share via my pc as this is part of the reason I bought the nas.

Any help greatly appreciated (its probably something obvious)

Cheers,

Tipp.

Are both in the same workgroup?

I also have a Zyxel NSA325 with shared videos to my WDTVLive SMP.  The shares all work fine.  You can either set them up as ‘public’ allowing full access - read and write, or with advanced permissions requiring a login and allowing only read access.  I prefer this as it stops the WDTV deleting videos from the NAS.

Hi Yep Both are in the same workgroup, same subnets etc so its not this.

trampas wrote:

I also have a Zyxel NSA325 with shared videos to my WDTVLive SMP.  The shares all work fine.  You can either set them up as ‘public’ allowing full access - read and write, or with advanced permissions requiring a login and allowing only read access.  I prefer this as it stops the WDTV deleting videos from the NAS.

It’s weird I’m not even seeing the nas when I slect windows shares tho.

Funny, but when I plug my Seagate 3TB into my Linksys, I can use network share all day long, but it NEVER sees my Twonky media server. But I don’t blame the WDTV as the PS3 can’t see it either, only Win/Macs on the network can.