YouTube Update

Hi Guys,

I would like to say hello to everyone as this is my first post on the forum after having the WESTERN DIGITAL TV Live Streaming Media Player for about half a year… which I must say is a great product.

I am wondering if anyone else is having the same issues I am having with the latest YouTube update on the WDTV.

I log in to the WDTV YouTube app with my account and activate it will the code the WDTV app provides me on my PC browser and it works fine.

I also pair the WDTV with my YouTube Remote Android App with the code the WDTV app provides and it works fine.

However every time I turn off my WDTV Live Streaming Media Player and turn it back on and go back to the WDTV YouTube app I have do this activation and pairing again.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem so I can just activate and pair my YouTube account once and not have to do it every time I turn on the WDTV?

Also Is there any way to view a list of all the videos I have in my playlists so I can select the one I wish to watch on the WDTV YouTube app? At present I can only view the first video in the playlist and I cannot skip to the next video.

Thanks in advance. 

There are several threads regarding this

this the one that I have seen so far 

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-General/Youtube-Login-Solution/m-p/395057#M19182

but this one is prior to the update so don’t know if it will apply to your problem

The problem a-ridley is referring to is in the YouTube Leanback app not in the regular YouTube Videos app.  They are correct.  The WDTV does not stay linked to YouTube and you have to re-pair with a new code every time you turn go back into YouTube Leanback after the WDTV Live has been turned off.

+1 

OP’s problem must definitely be about the Youtube Lean back services and not the regular YouTube service/app

Youtube Leanback does have this problem since the latest firmware update - kills the spirit of “lean back” if you have to pair everyting everytime …they should fix this soon.

Having said that, even the regular youTube app needs a lot of clicks and navigations to reach your playlists

+1

I am having the same problem.

I really like the youtube lean back - navigating Youtube via Tablet or Phone is much more conviniet than via remote.

I hope this gets fixed soon.

br

Klaus